Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really hope it doesn’t need to come to that. FWIW, the dealer I purchased from has been fantastic thoroughout the entire process and I’d like to give the dealer doing the service time to investigate and resolve.
Agree. as long a they fix under warranty or send you to insurance and rebrand the Badlands as (caution: Sand mode not for actual use in Sand 😳)
Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 3.08.08 PM.png

You mean you expect it to handle terrain that it advertises on its website? That's ridiculous! :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

If there is sand where it shouldn't belong, that's not on you. That's poor equipment design for its G.O.A.T. modes...
I have seen the same thing with Jeep the show advertisement of the jeep doing something but if you do the something and brake something it well void the warranty.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Agree. as long a they fix under warranty or send you to insurance and rebrand the Badlands as (caution: Sand mode not for actual use in Sand 😳)
maybe it was not the same sand Ford made the Bronco for.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In all seriousness; https://www.nhtsa.gov/report-a-safety-problem#index it shut down while you were moving. This is a big safety deal.
This >

My 2000 F250 7.3 had a bad cam positioning sensor. This would cause the truck to just shut down without warning. Happened to me several times once while trying to pass a semi on the highway, wrestle over to the breakdown lane, no power steering/brakes, motor off, wait a 10 minutes, restart, no CEL. Backroads, put on hazards, wait a while, restart, and we’re off.
Ford knew about this issue and had TSBs but no recall. $80 part but PITA to install. I finally had it fixed when it happened to my wife.. TWICE! Unhappy wife, unhappy life. So I paid up the $500 bucks for the repair. But also filed a complaint with https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls as this was a potential safety issue.
I had forgotten about the complaint until 5 years after I filed I got a recall notice in the mail from Ford stating to bring in for repair or submit your receipt for reimbursement.
Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The banter is fun, but it would be great if the Admins would lock or limit comments on these repair/warranty/gremlin threads. Since this section is/will be a resource for others, sifting through 12 pages of fruitlessness comments, with no resolution, makes it just a bitch session.

If the @Administrator limited the posts in to the Problem, then and update with the Resolution/Solution that would be incredibly helpful for all future information seekers, although maybe not as entertaining.

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The banter is fun, but it would be great if the Admins would lock or limit comments on these repair/warranty/gremlin threads. Since this section is/will be a resource for others, sifting through 12 pages of fruitlessness comments, with no resolution, makes it just a bitch session.

If the @Administrator limited the posts in to the Problem, then and update with the Resolution/Solution that would be incredibly helpful for all future information seekers, although maybe not as entertaining.
Posts can always be edited, so the OP @mmcq can update his first post with updates / resolution info. We can also update the thread title at that point to indicate that it's been updated with more info.

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These same messages appear at random on my 2021 F250 Tremor. At one point the dealership replaced the Body Control Module however the errors still occur about once per month.

Haven't seen them on our Bronco yet.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Posts can always be edited, so the OP @mmcq can update his first post with updates / resolution info. We can also update the thread title at that point to indicate that it's been updated with more info.
thank you. Maybe even a title post mention "resolved" or "unresolved" would help. In the general discussion, that doesn't seem important, but in the repair section, maybe that clarity will help as this forum becomes a key resource for new owners. Cheers!

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You must have ordered your Bronco with the G.O.A.T.E.S (Goes Over Any Terrain Except Sand) Mode. I believe that comes standard on the “Fair to Middlin Package”. Yeah, that might not be covered under warranty and be more of an Insurance issue.
That's bad, but at least its not GOATSE mode (which I am beginning to fear is in store for a bunch of us). P.S. = for those not familiar with GOATSE, don't google, especially around kids, at work or with anyone around for that matter(NSFW).

Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Alert Alert Alert. Ford Fan boy annoyed that information is being shared and good times are being had at Fords Expense.

Lol, wow

Chill out man. Humor is a way of dealing with the small frustrations of life, you know, like buying a brand new car and having it leave you stranded on the highway.

Last edited:

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.
Yes!
But I'll bet it's better than lava.
That stuff is hot, burning, and will melt ya legs off.

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Okay Okay @mmcq, I haven't read all 11 pages - was this the Bronco I saw stranded on 131 and the 96 interchange just outside of Grand Rapids??? Had ORV stickers on the back left rear window and had flashers on. I wondered what the heck happened.

I thought it was a cactus gray Wildtrak (my exact want...) as I drove by it.

Last edited:

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Alert Alert Alert. Ford Fan boy annoyed that information is being shared and good time are being had at Fords Expense.

Lol, wow

Chill out man. Humor is a way of dealing with the small frustrations of life, you know, like buying a brand new car and having it leave you stranded on the highway.
not at all. if there is a serious problem, I want to know how Ford is fixing it And how I can resolve it if it happens to me, not 12 pages of goat videos that and bitching. not every thread should be a therapy session for those upset or with hurt feelings. What is the problem, what are the solutions? 12 pages of b******* it's just not helpful.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I would never go back to that dealer for service. Insurance? FU.

I guess there is no warranty supplement for the Bronco?

Ford basically says, put on a helmet and 5 point seat belt and go whip the Raptor, its covered unless you hit something or jump to far.

Ford Bronco Updated 7/29 [Engine Seized, Full Replacement Under Warranty] My Bronco shut down after sand dunes run 1627385772192
Sponsored