First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe he didn't make his payment... OTA update - Shut down.
Sponsored

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep, that was me!
Worry sorry man!!! The Bronco looked awesome, just so sad to see it on the side of the road.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

A thread to follow... and a couple others.

I like the looks and extra space, had jeeps pretty much forever and I'v been leaning to the Bronco.

One of the big reasons to ditch jeep... customer service has always been a bad bad experience for me
Just out of curiosity, how many times has your Jeep left you stranded on a easy gravel road or after driving on the sand?

Reliability and confidence when using an off-road vehicle in mild off-road situations is a concern right now. (Sounding to me like AdvanceTrac is not off-road hardened enough - too electronicy/ sensory for the environment as currently engineered.)

SpeedLimit18

Wildtrak
First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee SRT, Z51 CMG C8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well duh, it’s a Bandlands not a Wildtrak! Kidding! But I hope ford doesn’t try saying something similar.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe he didn't make his payment... OTA update - Shut down.
I wonder about that sort of thing in the future. There is proposed legislation to have breathalyzer technology required in new vehicles, preventing start of the vehicle. In the future there could be other methods included to disable a vehicle from starting for various reasons.

Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This sounds odd. But as a general note, 4WD vehicles are not magic. While they are fine to go through a bit of sand (which is also whats Sand mode is for), traversing dunes or deep sand is terrible on a vehicle. Similar to how 4WDs are designed to get you through muddy trails, but are ruined when you intentionally dive into a deep mud hole to see what happens.

My brother had a brand-new 1996 Eddie Bauer full-size Bronco. Day two of ownership, he put mud tires on it. That night, he and his friends went deep down a trail in basically a swamp, assuming 4WD and mud tires are magic and possess super powers. Buried it up past the floor boards. The truck never ran right again.

Choose your lines wisely.

Always gives me the heebie jeebies, as well, when I see someone driving along the shore splashing through salt water.

EDIT TO ADD: I re-read my post and want to make clear I’m not condescending to the OP. Just saying that deep “dunes” of sand probably qualify as “extreme,” and something more for specialized dune buggies or other ATV. Shared brother’s story in hopes of heading someone off before they repeat it. You never know where the line is until you cross it, unless you hear about someone ruining a gorgeous Eddie Bauer as a cautionary tale. 😎 One of his buddies proceeded to bury his own ‘80s Bronco trying to pull him out. My dad then came out there around midnight in HIS ‘87 Bronco and had to call a wrecker.

I hope the OP is able to fix the issue without facing ongoing problems.

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If all these gremlins are just software, I'm not as worried. But if harware is to blame for them, now we have a problem... warranty or not, this ain't Harbor Freight.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
EDIT TO ADD: I re-read my post and want to make clear I’m not condescending to the OP. Just saying that deep “dunes” of sand probably qualify as “extreme,” and something more for specialized dune buggies or other ATV. Shared brother’s story in hopes of heading someone off before they repeat it. You never know where the line is until you cross it, unless you hear about someone ruining a gorgeous Eddie Bauer as a cautionary tale. 😎
Not really, sand isn't as big of a deal as mud.

People build 2wd buggies out of Volkswagon Beetles to play in sand, it is different but not really that big of a deal.

If a offroad vehicle mechanically can't take sand because of intrusion it is going to struggle with water and gravel dust intrusion too.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Those VW-based buggies have intakes and exhaust up high, not below the bumper. Like how many 4WD vehicles are fitted with the “snorkel.” The more extreme the depth of the sand or mud, the less a “normal” setup can accommodate it.

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

... Just saying that deep “dunes” of sand probably qualify as “extreme,” and something more for specialized dune buggies or other ATV. .
You may not be familiar with Silver Lake, and that is okay. Any given day in the summer there are hundreds, if not more, vehicles out there. Jeeps, Broncos, Raptors, other pickups, SUVs, dune buggies, sand rails, ATVs, SXSs, dirt bikes, sedans (yes I see a passenger car about every time I'm there). The point is that this is a special designated ORV site. Ford and Jeep test out there regularly. Search this site for Silver Lake and you'll see many videos of Ford out there testing. This is specifically what Ford should have been designing the Bronco for. Ford shouldn't have a Sand mode if the vehicles they've tested at Silver Lake cannot survive Silver Lake.

I hope the OPs truck gets fixed with a big apology from Ford. Getting stuck on the highway is no fun.

Sponsored

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, that was me!
At least you were back near civilization. Between the dealers on Alpine and Plainfield, you weren't too far to get towed to one of those. Hopefully home wasn't far either.

Last edited:

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You may not be familiar with Silver Lake, and that is okay. Any given day in the summer there are hundreds, if not more, vehicles out there. Jeeps, Broncos, Raptors, other pickups, SUVs, dune buggies, sand rails, ATVs, SXSs, dirt bikes, sedans (yes I see a passenger car about every time I'm there). The point is that this is a special designated ORV site. Ford and Jeep test out there regularly. Search this site for Silver Lake and you'll see many videos of Ford out there testing. This is specifically what Ford should have been designing the Bronco for. Ford shouldn't have a Sand mode if the vehicles they've tested at Silver Lake cannot survive Silver Lake.
Fair enough.

I hope the OPs truck gets fixed with a big apology from Ford. Getting stuck on the highway is no fun.
No shit! I almost broke out in a sweat myself when I read the original post and imagined the brand-new dream vehicle dying on the road. Hoping it wasn’t a sand intrusion issue at all.

DanDan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Base
The service Advance track, if it's like any other Ford is probably a whacky ABS module.

The trailer brake system fault though is odd as hell.

Sorry this happened to ya, but rest assured you'll have no issue with warranty I'd wager
Wiring getting melted ? I see other having the same issue

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The banter is fun, but it would be great if the Admins would lock or limit comments on these repair/warranty/gremlin threads. Since this section is/will be a resource for others, sifting through 12 pages of fruitlessness comments, with no resolution, makes it just a bitch session.

If the @Administrator limited the posts in to the Problem, then and update with the Resolution/Solution that would be incredibly helpful for all future information seekers, although maybe not as entertaining.
1eiS8LF3m9yMhkcFLStbMAV-hLxZoeyCMusZefbWeO1YQ-fRMg.jpg

Luckily there is a squad of highly paid admins to keep things cleaned up.

Ok, the reality is that there are thousands and thousands of posts a day. You have a great suggestion but it's not up to the admins to tend to every post. Lead by example when you start a thread, but chiding others isn't going to go far.

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just out of curiosity, how many times has your Jeep left you stranded on a easy gravel road or after driving on the sand?

Reliability and confidence when using an off-road vehicle in mild off-road situations is a concern right now. (Sounding to me like AdvanceTrac is not off-road hardened enough - too electronicy/ sensory for the environment as currently engineered.)
This is a legitimate concern of mine… My Jeep never left me stranded 30 miles from the nearest road…even further to a town!
And speaking of electronic garbage…I’ve seen blind spots monitors cause a no start concern. How shitty would that be…something you don’t need makes your vehicle non-drivable.
Sponsored