Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Update 7/28
Spoke with the dealer, current indication is that the engine actually seized up. I'm not exactly sure how that relates to the ABS/AdvanceTrac/Trailer Brake system warnings, but I guess that does explain why the engine would not turn over. Being a brand new vehicle, dealer opened a hotline with Ford Engineering to investigate further, understand exactly what happened, and propose next steps. Should hopefully know more in the next few days.
photos%2Fimages%2Ffacebook%2F000%2F521%2F768%2F25c.jpg
Sponsored

MudHorse

Badlands
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang Convertible, 2012 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, Sorry this happened to you!! Hope it all works out. Selfishly Im kind of glad I didnt get on the early reservation list and am just now placing a reservation, so I will probably get a late 22 or 23 model. Hopefully all the bugs are worked out. Leasing a Ranger Tremor to get me by for the time being. Surprised it sits almost identical to a Badlands Non-SAS.

Good Luck.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agreed. This motor is proven. This is not a design issue, if it were the f150 forum would have been screaming for years. Sorry it happened but it HAPPENS.
So was the 99 Miata 1.8 bottom end, sometimes all it takes is for one specific part to be out of spec for a whole bunch of mayhem to ensue... in the case of the Miata, it was a thrust bearing, the 1.8BP lower end was in production for over 8 years when this happened.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good attitude to have.

It's not a new engine and its been put into hundreds of thousands of vehicles with 0 issue, I guarantee this is not widespread and Ford will take care of you as they should.

You mean like the recent F-350 axle debacle?

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am not buying that the engine is actually seized. You would have either had to ingest a ton of sand into the intake or lost all oil. More likely is the fault code is cutting power to the starter. Some of the early 2017 Raptor had an issue with an oil pressure switch. Under moderate to hard throttle the sending unit was indicating low oil pressure so it shut the truck down and lit the dash like a christmas tree.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Kinda shocking a 2.7 seized up specially after a break in period. My guess is its cam phaser related (bad part failure). The 2.7 is not a design flaw unlike the 5.2 lol

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well in the defense of the service tech, one can’t turn the crank by hand to see if the motor is actually seized. Lol. Oh how I long for the good old days.

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd say it more than likely sucked in some sand. What's the intake box look like on one of these? Might not have been sealed completely leaving the factory, or maybe the dealer left it cracked open after PDI? Years ago I took my Ranger out to some dunes for a few hours, and when we went to leave, it wouldn't start. Filter was plugged with sand and it was getting zero air. Had to pull the whole air cleaner assembly and clean it just to get it to start.

Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hate your dealing with a bad motor. Hopefully Ford has a replacement to your dealer quick to get you back on the sand dunes.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m surprised I haven’t seen “drop a 5.0 in it”. This is a proven engine and surprised no warning lights went off before the shut down that would indicate potential engine problems.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It appears the “ here’s my new Bronco” posts are being overtaken by “ WTF my Bronco just broke” posts. Not good.

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP I feel for you, I feel so bad that you have been chosen by the God of torment. It so sucks to be without a Bronco after having one. I have to wait until 2023 for my options. I would be devastated to be in you situation. best of luck in getting this resolved.
Thank you for keeping us up to date on the progress.