Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just switched by $54K Badlands Order to a $39K BaseSquatch order. The number of issues being brought up daily are very troubling. Ford just lost $15K from me.
I’m right there with you thinking Base Squatch is going to be the way to go instead of spending almost $60k. 🤪
Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP

mmcq

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I commend you OP on your attitude. When things like this happen, we have no control so let it roll. Do you know what day of the week your Bronco was built on? It wasn't Friday July 2nd was it?????
No, but it did happen to be the day of the MAP flood! (not saying that's what's behind this)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just switched by $54K Badlands Order to a $39K BaseSquatch order. The number of issues being brought up daily are very troubling. Ford just lost $15K from me.
Imagine how many issues there would have been if Ford didn't do months of testing under severe conditions. Even so, some things won't show until the customer breaks it.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update 7/28
Spoke with the dealer, current indication is that the engine actually seized up. I'm not exactly sure how that relates to the ABS/AdvanceTrac/Trailer Brake system warnings, but I guess that does explain why the engine would not turn over. Being a brand new vehicle, dealer opened a hotline with Ford Engineering to investigate further, understand exactly what happened, and propose next steps. Should hopefully know more in the next few days.

Original Post
Took my Bronco (Badlands, 2.7) to Silver Lake ORV Area in MI last week and spent a couple of hours tooling around the dunes. It was our first time on the dunes, I didn't baby it out there but also didn't do anything crazy that would land me on YouTube. Kept it in sand mode the entire time, had plenty of power, handled great, didn't get stuck. Overall, my family had a great time!

Made it about 80 miles down the road when this fault popped up on the dash. Was running fine on the way home up until then. No strange noises, temp levels normal, no noticeable leaks or anything. Next thing I knew, the engine stopped and we coasted to a halt on the side of the highway. Tried starting it a few times after letting it rest, but it would not even attempt to turn over, just kept displaying this error and the "Service Advancetrac" fault. All interior electronics were working fine, but ended up having to get it towed to the dealer.

It's still being diagnosed, but dealer mentioned a lot of sand underneath and that I might need to file a claim with my insurance which took me by surprise. Am I out of line thinking it should have been able to handle a trip to the dunes?

Hoping it's just a bad sensor or something minor. Love my Bronco but can't help feeling disappointed that it didn't make it back from it's first trip off-road.

IMG_5314.jpg

Some more info / Q&A from thread:

Doors on the entire time.

The yellow check engine light came on about 5 seconds or so before the trailer brake fault and loss of power from engine. Will definitely keep this thread updated as I hear more.

Yes, I have the factory trailer towing package. Haven't towed anything yet. That would be interesting though because as you've mentioned we've seen a few ABS/Service Advancetrac errors pop up over the last few weeks.
Was your engine a 2.3 or 2.7

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

if you are going to break it, it is best to do so under warranty as close to the release date as possible. corporate is less likely to chalk it up to "use not intended for"... corporate will be much more likely to want to diagnose the failure rether than assess blame...

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You going to be in a loaner vehicle for awhile corporate will be involved they will take the engine out to determine the cause then put a new engine in it but now you will have diminished value anyone else thinking about jumping ship after all these issues that keep popping up
All of these issues? It's one vehicle.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot of sand underneath? I have sand all over my truck during rainy season when it's slinging wet sandy mud all over the place. That is a stupid comment from your dealer. I sure hope this is resolved quickly, and I'm really sorry about this happening to you!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The soft top issues the hardtop issues people getting codes popping up on there vehicles
Not the same thing. I don't see any trends yet except the roof and we know Ford is well aware of those.

MaddMax

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S5, 1970 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The soft top issues the hardtop issues people getting codes popping up on there vehicles
Plus numerous fitment issues, electronic warning codes in the first weeks, goat mode issues, whistling mirrors, thin paint on certain areas, lack of quality control (missing sound deadening panels on completed vehicles), etc....

Still excited about the vehicle, but 1st year problems abundant here. No need to go all in at this point on high-end trims. Very evident that big changes will be coming on next model re-design.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing to think about - every one of these vehicles with problems, we hear about. Every one that doesn't have problems, we don't hear about.

For example, my 2019 Ram had a cylinder head rebuild last year on the 5.7 eTorque engine. One of the lifters failed. That triggered all manner of alarms, warning lights, auto start/stop unavailable, check engine, rough idle, the works.

I put it back in the garage and called the service department at the local CDJR dealer. They said, "Go ahead and drive it in." I said, "OK, but if it explodes, it's on you." They fixed it under warranty, my fuel economy went up about 2 MPG, and runs just fine now. Just had to drive the wife's car for a few days.

It sucks, but it's not limited to the Bronco and it'll get fixed. That's what warranties are for. Just stinks when it's brand new and you want to be out on the road. On this 2.7L, it could have been as simple as a bearing not getting proper heat treat and coming apart at 3,000 RPM. You just can't tell the cause, but it's not a Bronco thing - it's an engine thing.
Sponsored