Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The old adage is alive and well, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle.

Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle.

Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle.
Ford is doing everything in their power to prevent me from doing exactly that!!
Sponsored

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Normally I would agree. But in this case, every new Bronco owner is so happy to have taken delivery, we get a thread for every one… good or bad. And it seems there’s a disproportionate number of bad ones amongst these early deliveries.
Also, we're only seeing the problems from forum folks, which is a subset of overall deliveries.

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not read every comment. I'm wondering if not correct oil level. That could happen. And definitely not the owners fault.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Definitely sucks and we all look forward to hearing about the resolution. I love the comments from people about American Cars, year 1 etc. Unfortunately, it can and does happen to all makes and models, 1st, 3rd or last year in production. Good luck!!!!
I agree Matt. And to add, the 2.7L is definitely not a first year engine. Sadly chit happens. Always has, always will.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Occasionally, assembly-line manufactured products do fail due to a manufacturing defect. It simply could be the engine had a manufacturing defect and failed, which could have happened mall-crawling or sand dune running.

It's why most all manufactured products are sold with a warranty...

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have not read every comment. I'm wondering if not correct oil level. That could happen. And definitely not the owners fault.
That's what I'm thinking. Running dunes on a low oil level could have starved some bearings of oil without triggering the low oil pressure light.

Or the oil pan baffling is problematic for dune running, which is a design defect. I would think baffling in the oil pan would have shown up in endurance tests, and videos of the Devil's Hot Tub climb-outs.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Normally I would agree. But in this case, every new Bronco owner is so happy to have taken delivery, we get a thread for every one… good or bad. And it seems there’s a disproportionate number of bad ones amongst these early deliveries.
In this case, though, it's a 2.7L engine problem. Would it have been different if they'd installed the engine into an F150? The 5th Gen Ram forum was like this when we were all buying 2019s, too. Haha, mine was missing seat parts for the back seat - rattled like there was a loose can full of rocks back there first time I took it off road.

That said, I got that (and later, the cylinder head) fixed under warranty, and no other real problems, except...

When I first got that thing and I'd try to use Android Auto or Apple CarPlay, it always thought I was in Sterling Heights Michigan. I'd put in a place I wanted to go and would have to drive clear to Michigan to start my trip. :)

Apugh67

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F350, 2017 Lincoln MKZ, 2018 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honda and Toyota people know:

Never buy american, never buy American, never buy American, ...
So they say; I bought a honda and after the second spark plug blew out of the head at 60,000, never again.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Also, we're only seeing the problems from forum folks, which is a subset of overall deliveries.
This is what I was thinking as well. This Forum, and those that are on it, are a very small sample of all of the Bronco’s that have been currently delivered.

I guess that’s what’s got me on pause more than anything else. If this tiny fraction of current owners is having this many problems, how many issues are we not seeing simple because the owners are not on this forum?

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Occasionally, assembly-line manufactured products do fail due to a manufacturing defect. It simply could be the engine had a manufacturing defect and failed, which could have happened mall-crawling or sand dune running.

It's why most all manufactured products are sold with a warranty...

I'm wondering if some sand might have gotten sucked into the engine somehow and caused the seizing.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not the same thing. I don't see any trends yet except the roof and we know Ford is well aware of those.
Yeah your wright I do tend to over react not going to lie lol I just want all of our Broncos to be perfect. Everyone has been waiting for this thing for a long time on a plus note all the reviews seem to be real postive

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How many here have taken delivery, 100, 200? Quite a stretch to say the Bronco has a lot of problems. Those that have issues own some of the first vehicles built. I think it's fair to expect some issues in the beginning. When they get to 50k produced and still issues, then I'd start being concerned.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just to be fair, we've only heard OP side of this. Would you go on a public forum and say you did something wrong?

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The old adage is alive and well, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle, Never buy a first year vehicle.

[/QUOTE
That's why there are only 150,000 of us in line waiting for that 2021 Bronco. (Excepting those who have 99'd their orders to 2022 in search of a elusive hard top.)
Sponsored