North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Exactly. Not pointing fingers but you can't exactly form any kind of complete conclusion on a forum.

How many times have people modded their stuff/done something stupid, blown it up, and then took it to the dealer saying this POS blew up? Used to happen all the time with diesels and tuners, probably still happens with Mustangs.

Could it be a faulty engine? Yep. Could it be the OP was really hooning it in the sand and ran into oil starvation? Maybe. Could their be some Achilles heel in the Bronco design? I hope not.

I'd love to be there for the post mortem on the engine to find out what happened. But then again I'm and engineer who works in forensics so I like to let objects tell me a story.
But if the OP was at fault in anyway, do you think they would even post here, my vote is no.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly. Not pointing fingers but you can't exactly form any kind of complete conclusion on a forum.

How many times have people modded their stuff/done something stupid, blown it up, and then took it to the dealer saying this POS blew up? Used to happen all the time with diesels and tuners, probably still happens with Mustangs.

Could it be a faulty engine? Yep. Could it be the OP was really hooning it in the sand and ran into oil starvation? Maybe. Could their be some Achilles heel in the Bronco design? I hope not.

I'd love to be there for the post mortem on the engine to find out what happened. But then again I'm and engineer who works in forensics so I like to let objects tell me a story.
Exactly; I've been on various Ford forums for about 15 years and over that time, all sort of things happened that when you get the rest of the story turn out to be the owners fault and wants Ford to still honor the warranty. I'm not saying this is the case here, but is certainly does happen.

Sponsored

Apugh67

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F350, 2017 Lincoln MKZ, 2018 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But if the OP was at fault in anyway, do you think they would even post here, my vote is no.
I nor you were there, no one can vote. But the onboard computer was.

DougP.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And wait....oh, 4-6 months at best?
Yup. Put him in a 'loaner' and replace
They’ll prob replace the motor
I'mvsure they'dvwant to keave it at that.

I'd argue that if it left the factory wuth an issue that blew the motor.... what else came off the assembly line on that particular vehicke a bit 'tweaked'....

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, everyone is correct. It's just one sample. It could be user error. Other makes have had problems too. Lots of ways to explain it away.

So instead, it's better take a look at an overall sample of many user's experiences and then you start to get a better picture.

Most people buy a car hoping they don't get a lemon. In the case of the Ford I'm about to purchase, I'm hoping to be one of the lucky few who gets a good one.

Ford Bronco Updated 7/29 [Engine Seized, Full Replacement Under Warranty] My Bronco shut down after sand dunes run reliability

Squatch51

Wildtrak
First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
"...anyone else thinking about jumping ship after all these issues that keep popping up?"

All these issues?
Seriously?
A first run, off road vehicle has some issues, including a one-off engine sieze for as-of-yet unknown reasons, and you want to jump ship already?

I'm amazed there have been so few issues. It's a credit to Ford that this Bronco build, in the middle of a pandemic, with once in a lifetime supply chain issues that are affecting the entire auto industry, has gone off so well.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm amazed there have been so few issues. It's a credit to Ford that this Bronco build, in the middle of a pandemic, with once in a lifetime supply chain issues that are affecting the entire auto industry, has gone off so well.
Wow, that is definitely a "glass half full" attitude.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

"...anyone else thinking about jumping ship after all these issues that keep popping up?"

All these issues?
Seriously?
A first run, off road vehicle has some issues, including a one-off engine sieze for as-of-yet unknown reasons, and you want to jump ship already?

Yeah, if you fail to talk about the MIC top or softtop issues.

Squatch51

Wildtrak
First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, if you fail to talk about the MIC top or softtop issues.
It's almost like some people are unaware of the issues surrounding supply chain problems during a pandemic. A new automobile roll out is inherently fraught with issues, in a normal year.
The soft top might be damaging the roll bar paint, and a vendirs Mica hard top isn't up to Ford's standards? These kind of things are scaring people away?
Go buy a Subaru.
Sponsored