First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's almost like some people are unaware of the issues surrounding supply chain problems during a pandemic. A new automobile roll out is inherently fraught with issues, in a normal year.
The soft top might be damaging the roll bar paint, and a vendirs Mica hard top isn't up to Ford's standards? These kind of things are scaring people away?
Go buy a Subaru.
I feel like most people on this forum are aware but are less concerned about Ford's problems and more concern that their $60K investment will have issues, small or large. Top issues, paint issues, water coming from an airbag, engine issues, software issues, clutch issues, gaps and rattles, etc. It's personal. It's scary when you see people like you who made a significant Bronco investment like you suffering with these problems. Doesn't mean anyone is looking to run away and buy a Subaru. Most are all in. But the concerns are real.
Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's almost like some people are unaware of the issues surrounding supply chain problems during a pandemic. A new automobile roll out is inherently fraught with issues, in a normal year.
The soft top might be damaging the roll bar paint, and a vendirs Mica hard top isn't up to Ford's standards? These kind of things are scaring people away?
Go buy a Subaru.
Lol, I’m fairly certain anyone that has been on this forum for a minute is aware of the supply chain issues. Not sure how commodity shortages have an effect on quality though. That would be more akin to production delays.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don't Suburus have transmission issues because they are using CVTs? :LOL:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I feel like most people on this forum are aware but are less concerned about Ford's problems and more concern that their $60K investment will have issues, small or large. Top issues, paint issues, water coming from an airbag, engine issues, software issues, clutch issues, gaps and rattles, etc. It's personal. It's scary when you see people like you who made a significant Bronco investment like you suffering with these problems. Doesn't mean anyone is looking to run away and buy a Subaru. Most are all in. But the concerns are real.
But statistically, an early engine failure almost always is a manufacturing error of some sort. Something was not in tolerance in the engine and it didn't take much more than 1,000 miles to show up as a failure.

Sponsored

Squatch51

Wildtrak
First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lol, I’m fairly certain anyone that has been on this forum for a minute is aware of the supply chain issues. Not sure how commodity shortages have an effect on quality though. That would be more akin to production delays.
If you can't use your normal vendors and the new one delivers a less than quality part ... that's how.

Squatch51

Wildtrak
First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
But statistically, an early engine failure almost always is a manufacturing error of some sort. Something was not in tolerance in the engine and it didn't take much more than 1,000 miles to show up as a failure.
My 2017 F350 Platinum Superduty suddenly went into limp mode last year. I pulled off the road and it died, and wouldn't come back on. Had to have it towed in.
Turned out there was and exhaust gasket that failed and the computer decided that was good enough to shut things down.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, everyone is correct. It's just one sample. It could be user error. Other makes have had problems too. Lots of ways to explain it away.

So instead, it's better take a look at an overall sample of many user's experiences and then you start to get a better picture.

Most people buy a car hoping they don't get a lemon. In the case of the Ford I'm about to purchase, I'm hoping to be one of the lucky few who gets a good one.

reliability.jpg
Hey, thanks! That makes me feel so much better. Especially the part where I'm going from a top 10 automaker to.. well.. you know.. the thing!

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Especially the part where I'm going from a top 10 automaker to.. well.. you know.. the thing!
Not only "the thing", but a first year, newly designed, supply chain constrained, covid blasted, tops-gone-bad thing. (y)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Go buy a Subaru.
There are news stories all over the internet talking how Ford has pumped millions into trying to resolve the MIC problem. It's clear that it's gonna take time. I sometimes get the impression that some expect when they post an issue, Ford will email back within the hour and say "all fixed". Not likely to happen that fast.

Sponsored

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree completely, but still don't want my 'just delivered' rig in the shop for 3 weeks 600 miles after delivery. I understand that most of these issues are on Ford and will be fixed on their dime. It's still a hassle as an owner to have to record quality issues then battle to get them addressed. Probably more difficult for the minor issues like honeycombing then the big ones like engine or clutch failures.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's still being diagnosed, but dealer mentioned a lot of sand underneath and that I might need to file a claim with my insurance which took me by surprise. Am I out of line thinking it should have been able to
I find this alarming, disturbing, in-credible. You buy an off-road vehicle, drive it in sand dunes, like all the Ford advertising pictures. The engine stops on a $55,000 vehicle designed to run in sand dunes, the dealer's response is, "there's lots of sand underneath, you might need to file an insurance claim!"?!?!

In other words, "it must be your fault, not ours!" What kind of dealer is that? Keep posting. I'd like to know that the dealer and Ford warranty their vehicle off road, otherwise whats the point of buying this in the first place.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I find this alarming, disturbing, in-credible. You buy an off-road vehicle, drive it in sand dunes, like all the Ford advertising pictures. The engine stops on a $55,000 vehicle designed to run in sand dunes, the dealer's response is, "there's lots of sand underneath, you might need to file an insurance claim!"?!?!

In other words, "it must be your fault, not ours!" What kind of dealer is that? Keep posting. I'd like to know that the dealer and Ford warranty their vehicle off road, otherwise whats the point of buying this in the first place.
Do we really know the dealer said that? When I see stuff like this, I always expect there's some fake drama included until the problem is resolved. I'm not taking sides. I'm just saying again that we only know what op has stated.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agree completely, but still don't want my 'just delivered' rig in the shop for 3 weeks 600 miles after delivery. I understand that most of these issues are on Ford and will be fixed on their dime. It's still a hassle as an owner to have to record quality issues then battle to get them addressed. Probably more difficult for the minor issues like honeycombing then the big ones like engine or clutch failures.
Yup, new engine and you're on your way, I would hope. I have the 2016 version of that 2.7 Eco engine in my F150, no problems after 62,000 miles and nearly 5 years.
Sponsored