John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do we really know the dealer said that? When I see stuff like this, I always expect there's some fake drama included until the problem is resolved. I'm not taking sides. I'm just saying again that we only know what op has stated.
Well, on a forum, one can only presume that the truth is being reported. Ask the reporter! And if its not the truth, its only a forum.
Sponsored

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agree completely, but still don't want my 'just delivered' rig in the shop for 3 weeks 600 miles after delivery. I understand that most of these issues are on Ford and will be fixed on their dime. It's still a hassle as an owner to have to record quality issues then battle to get them addressed. Probably more difficult for the minor issues like honeycombing then the big ones like engine or clutch failures.
It's a risk we all take regardless of model year purchased. High-rate production $50K vehicles quality assurance is based on statistical process control. They all are not bench tested prior to delivery.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just for S & G, when mine gets here yet this week or early next, I’m going to have the prep department try to update all of the module software. It’s entirely possible they are making running changes to production vehicles without issuing a ssm or tsb for delivered units. This isn’t something normally done during PDI but it might provide some useful data.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think some of these posters should be on the Ford super fan site (does that even exist?). It’s easy to attack the person who had the problem out of fear that your soon to be Bronco may have similar problems.

No point arguing with the lot of you. Nothing that is said with any reason will sway you as you just see it as Ford bashing. As a first day reservation holder, I already 99’d my order so I could get the Bronco I originally wanted. As frustrated as I was, I am now very content with my decision.

I’m sorry @mmcq that this happened, please ensure you keep us informed on how Ford is or is not correcting the problem. Know that there is a large portion of this community that is rooting for you, the little guy, to have the problem fixed so you can enjoy your Bronco again in the sand, mud, rocks and everywhere else that was promised.

Last edited:

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

TheColemans05

Badlands
First Name
Josh & Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silverado Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How is that even possible unless they didn't put oil in? Even then, you'd surely get some sort of low oil warning these days, right?
You every watch that video on Youtube of the guy sucking sand into his intake to clean the carbon off his pistons? Motor didnt continue to run after about 3 minutes.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You every watch that video on Youtube of the guy sucking sand into his intake to clean the carbon off his pistons? Motor didnt continue to run after about 3 minutes.
Lol..omg, I've never seen that but how could anyone have thought that was a good idea.

If you've ever had to pull a head off because your head gasket leaked coolant you'd know the answer on how to clean carbon off.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Another 2.7 throwing CEL

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just switched by $54K Badlands Order to a $39K BaseSquatch order. The number of issues being brought up daily are very troubling. Ford just lost $15K from me.
I don't see the logic in this ...

Mr_Scoutmaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands / '22 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember when they gave Ford a low rating because they didn't like MFT. C R is the last place I'd take advice from.
100%. CR gives the Hyundai Palisade the best SUV rating. I can tell you right now I will never buy another Hyundai again after this current car. 120k miles and 10 years old and the thing is disintegrating. I wonder how many of those Palisades will be on the road in 8-10 years.
Sponsored