Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update 7/29

Dealer mentioned that they will pass on any additional root cause analysis and I'll update if/when I find out more details. I really appreciate the comments and support from 6G, kept me sane in an otherwise pretty awful week.
Ohh good time for any upgrades that would otherwise require the engine to be pulled 🤔
Sponsored

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But in all seriousness, I have never owned a new vehicle that needed an extended length warranty service. Is this a common thing with Fords? I have mostly owned Japanese or European vehicles (and one Dodge). Before anyone bashes me, I have several U.S. made vintage cars.
No experience with New cars, this is a first for me. But cars don't stay new forever... And with the Bronco's right now, depending on what breaks, we could defiantly be looking at services that take more than a day due to parts availability.

I've had some older cars get work under warranty and recalls that took weeks to complete (Mitsubishi Endeavor and a Toyota T100) and I was given a car while they had mine. I get that most dealers do this without it being required, but I'd rather not have to count on their good graces to get me to work and back.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad they are replacing it... and expediting it at that.

I built an engine, when I was 17, that had a defective lifter which I didn’t know until it was started up. It was a new cam and lifter set from a highly reputable company, so there shouldn’t have been any issues. At 17, it was all the money I could scrape together just to get it built, so I wouldn’t have the $$ to tear back into it for another 2 weeks. I had to drive it the 60 mile round trip to go to work, so I babied it the whole way. I lived on a mountain at the time, so just my luck it dropped into passing gear on the way up and broke the head off of the valve... ohhh the carnage that ensued. 4 busted pistons, 3 twisted connecting rods, 3 missing cylinder walls and a broken cam. Only salvageable parts were the carburetor, intake and distributor.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Happy to hear that you should be back on the road soon Mark.

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats to you on having the first engine replaced! Sure that's not the type of experience you wanted but at least its nothing out of pocket I guess.
"Kudos to the Ford engineering team because it sounded like once the hotline case was opened, Ford made it a priority to investigate and determine resolution." - of course, what do you expect? It would be a PR nightmare for them if they didn't handle it immediately considering its a brand new product. I imagine the type of pressure from the top level executives to the engineers.

Bacon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Dr IS MIC Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have been excited about getting a bronco at some point, but bronco 6g forum has evolved over the last year from excitement to frustration, then anger, and now the top featured threads are all bronco's gone wrong. Is this the normal progression? DId this happen in ranger forums, and all the new models of mustangs and F-150's etc which all in all have turned out fine... if this is the normal progression of a new car forum then I guess im fine with it and still excited.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have been excited about getting a bronco at some point, but bronco 6g forum has evolved over the last year from excitement to frustration, then anger, and now the top featured threads are all bronco's gone wrong. Is this the normal progression? DId this happen in ranger forums, and all the new models of mustangs and F-150's etc which all in all have turned out fine... if this is the normal progression of a new car forum then I guess im fine with it and still excited.
Yeah, this is just normal progression. Frustrating but normal, like with many aspects of the Internet.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think you are looking for a Bronco club. At this point most people are drawn to the forum for either research, or they have a problem and are looking for answers. It has evolved since people are no longer in the waiting mode for the Bronco.

People who have not received theirs are looking for feedback, others that have received theirs are providing it.

As this site matures and more people have their Bronco’s you will see more posts involving fun pictures, what did you do to you Bronco etc…It will eventually reach a point where it resembles a Jeep forum.

Last edited:

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, I’m not looking for an apology from the dealer. To be fair, the dealer got a fubar’d Bronco towed to their lot in the middle of the night. I imagine there was a bit of chaos the next morning until they spoke to the dealer I purchased from and I’m sure they would probably have rather not drawn that short straw.

Their initial response absolutely caused me some panic and concern. I think at that point they were really still just starting to investigate. The unfortunate part is that they were quick to CYA, which made me feel like Ford may not back up warranty when driving in conditions I thought they expected you to when I purchased, but like you said at the end of the day it’s the outcome that’s most important and I’ll be happy to get my Bronco back.

FWIW, my purchasing dealer was absolutely fantastic throughout the process. My salesman actually drove over an hour each way to pick us up after the tow (when we were stranded and thinking about just grabbing a hotel) and take us home.

He actually has a Bronco on order (no build date yet) so he’s been pretty interested in mine. We’re dropping off some Bronco swag tomorrow when we pick up the loaner as a way to say thanks! He and his dealership have a lifetime customer in me.
Thank you for that nuanced, fair explanation of the event. People do think out loud, that wasn't your dealer, and it all worked out in the end. You got the unusual bad luck of a bad engine. My 2.7 has almost 5 years and 62,000 problem-free miles.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

good to hear ford actioned it quickly and will be looking into it. regarding the error codes, i'm sure with the amount of errors that the ecu was experiencing, it's probably just shutting down everything in the truck to protect itself.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Totally normal and expected on any new release. Most people like to understand the potential problems and resolutions.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I dunno, A new Tacoma is looking better all the time!
Of course all my Toyotas/Nissan are older than 2011. So I haven’t checked if they have all these computer Gremlins now, that everything is controlled by computers Bluetooth, and The powers that be! And can shut you down in a minute if they want too.
Man I miss simplicity!
My 2011 Tacoma will probably outlast my 22 Bronco. That’s the nice thing about my Tacoma’s outdated platform, lack of tech, boring design and gutless engine!