Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So one of the main updates to the build & price has been the new top options for the Bronco. Is anyone as confused as I am with these prices?

(I will use the Outer Banks 4DR as an example, )

Why would the “shadow black” painted roof be $700 more than a “body colored” painted top? If I decided to get a black Bronco, would it not be the same top? Based off the pricing, if I picked a black Bronco, I could just get the shadow black painted hard top, or save $100 and have the soft top come with it.

Is there extra features that I’m not aware of or is this another Ford oversight?
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People are speculating that the dual top option that is around the same price as the black mod top option is actually a dual top soft/MIC top option. I'm just wondering if they are going to have a body colored top option, or not?

OP
OP
Diydner

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

People are speculating that the dual top option that is around the same price as the black mod top option is actually a dual top soft/MIC top option. I'm just wondering if they are going to have a body colored top option, or not?
You mean, as a stand-alone option?

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you look at the picture with the option, it’s the MIC hardtop. They’ve already said that body color painted hard tops won’t be available until 2022 MY

MardiGrasTexan

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you look at the picture with the option, it’s the MIC hardtop. They’ve already said that body color painted hard tops won’t be available until 2022 MY
You may want to revisit the B&P. The painted tops have been added for a day or so.

combatninja

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ND Miata, Land Rover Defender 110, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You know, just about a soon as a given Porsche model is confirmed for the N. American market, it hits the PorscheUSA configurator with a 100% locked in set of options and pricing. We're talking stuff like 5 options for wheel finish, custom leather bits in the interior, etc. The interface is delivered on time and meets customer expectations. Period.

And don't give me that sh!t about Porsches being for rich guys and Broncos are for the everyman bullsh!t. Both are international full scale automakers with offerings running the gamut from $15,000 Ford econoboxes to $250,000 Porsche GT cars. If Porsche can dial in the configurator for the Macan, which runs about $60,000 on average--Ford should be able to deliver something a lot more coherent for this Bronco. Additionally, don't give me any sob stories about COVID and people working from home. Website designers don't do anything but work from home--they haven't done anything else for the last decade or more. This is just piss poor performance by a major international automobile manufacturer and it is an embarrassment. Period.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You know, just about a soon as a given Porsche model is confirmed for the N. American market, it hits the PorscheUSA configurator with a 100% locked in set of options and pricing. We're talking stuff like 5 options for wheel finish, custom leather bits in the interior, etc. The interface is delivered on time and meets customer expectations. Period.

And don't give me that sh!t about Porsches being for rich guys and Broncos are for the everyman bullsh!t. Both are international full scale automakers with offerings running the gamut from $15,000 Ford econoboxes to $250,000 Porsche GT cars. If Porsche can dial in the configurator for the Macan, which runs about $60,000 on average--Ford should be able to deliver something a lot more coherent for this Bronco. Additionally, don't give me any sob stories about COVID and people working from home. Website designers don't do anything but work from home--they haven't done anything else for the last decade or more. This is just piss poor performance by a major international automobile manufacturer and it is an embarrassment. Period.
You are 100% spot on, the stock market agrees with you as well.

saupload_a38e339045493cde682c3f9e4946d43a.png

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in IT. Work for a company "based in Silicon Valley". All our developers are in Romania, Thailand, and India. QA is non-existent. Basically, Marketing guy says what he wants.

Some coder in a far away land, paid pennies on the dollar takes a swing at it, then goes to another company that pays $.02 more per hour, his contract runs out, or the company he works for goes out of business.

Marketing guy finds out systems are down, has to re-explain in agonizing detail what he wants again, 2-3 weeks later it gets "fixed" but breaks a ton of other stuff, then the process starts over again.

I'm thinking the B&P BS is probably about, "it's just a website, we can get these 5 guys from Karjackistan to do it for $20 - deal!" Maybe, maybe not, but from my seat a plausible scenario.

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You may want to revisit the B&P. The painted tops have been added for a day or so.
Yes I know. And my point is that you look at the image, it’s the MIC Hardtop. Not a body color painted hardtop. Given the price point and the graphics, I think it’s a misprint. If it was for the body color painted hardtop I would expect the same price as the Painted Black Hardtop and a picture to reflect a body color hardtop.

Ford Bronco Updated B&P Pricing for Painted Tops 1609030872750

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What surprises me, or should I say more of the same, question after question, about so many features, options and prices on B&P.

Is Ford not capable of putting notes on the website about what things are and are not?

Are the Rockstars unaware they can use more than 280 characters, unlike Twitter?

DGTUX20

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 TDI Sportwagen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not there if you are building a 2dr
Sponsored