Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X; 2002 BMW 530i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So one of the main updates to the build & price has been the new top options for the Bronco. Is anyone as confused as I am with these prices?

(I will use the Outer Banks 4DR as an example, )

Why would the “shadow black” painted roof be $700 more than a “body colored” painted top? If I decided to get a black Bronco, would it not be the same top? Based off the pricing, if I picked a black Bronco, I could just get the shadow black painted hard top, or save $100 and have the soft top come with it.

Is there extra features that I’m not aware of or is this another Ford oversight?
Fords solution would be to charge $700 extra for a black Bronco if it has body colored top.
The black painted top is a 'modular' top, whereas the MIC is not. Modular tops have more panels (I know for two-door it has the 'turret' panel over the back, not sure about four-door as I'm not getting a four-door) and it has removable side windows. The MIC top has none of this.
Sponsored

Dreadnought

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A8L, cube, Corvair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going by the B&P text, it appears any 4-door model below Wildtrack and FE can get the Dual-top MIC (I believe it is MIC and not Modular) and Soft-top Option for $1795.

The Black Modular-only Option says it is available only on Outer Banks and Badlands for $1895 and does not require the 4-door.

The Dual Black Modular and Soft top Option for $2495 for 4-doors also includes the roof rails and crossbars, but says it is available only on Outer Banks, Badlands, Wildtrack and First Edition with the Lux Package- so you have to first pay for the Lux Package in order to add this dual-top option?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The black painted top is a 'modular' top, whereas the MIC is not. Modular tops have more panels (I know for two-door it has the 'turret' panel over the back, not sure about four-door as I'm not getting a four-door) and it has removable side windows. The MIC top has none of this.
Ford Bronco Updated B&P Pricing for Painted Tops tops

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're misunderstanding the situation. The modular body-color painted top is listed on the B&P as significantly less than the modular black painted top. Theoretically, it's a mistake and should be listed as the MIC.

OP
OP
Diydner

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes I know. And my point is that you look at the image, it’s the MIC Hardtop. Not a body color painted hardtop. Given the price point and the graphics, I think it’s a misprint. If it was for the body color painted hardtop I would expect the same price as the Painted Black Hardtop and a picture to reflect a body color hardtop.

Ford Bronco Updated B&P Pricing for Painted Tops tops
If you look at the ford.ca (Canadian website), they have the picture right on there

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's both real and a glitch. It's coming, but not until 2022.
Okay, that makes the decision to get new wheels and tires, and seat covers for my truck a lot easier since I will hang on to it for over a year (fingers crossed).

I know this has been discussed a million times, but if the model year changes before they build our order, are we required to re-order or update the order for the next model year?

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going by the B&P text, it appears any 4-door model below Wildtrack and FE can get the Dual-top MIC (I believe it is MIC and not Modular) and Soft-top Option for $1795.

The Black Modular-only Option says it is available only on Outer Banks and Badlands for $1895 and does not require the 4-door.

The Dual Black Modular and Soft top Option for $2495 for 4-doors also includes the roof rails and crossbars, but says it is available only on Outer Banks, Badlands, Wildtrack and First Edition with the Lux Package- so you have to first pay for the Lux Package in order to add this dual-top option?
I built an OBX with the dual tops and the high package.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay, that makes the decision to get new wheels and tires, and seat covers for my truck a lot easier since I will hang on to it for over a year (fingers crossed).

I know this has been discussed a million times, but if the model year changes before they build our order, are we required to re-order or update the order for the next model year?
Yeah, you have to re-order but you keep your place in line.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Diydner

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok, so if I understand some responses, the “dual tops - modular Body Color-Painted Hard Top + Black Soft Top” for $1,795 should read “dual tops- Hard Top, Molded-In-Color (MIC) + Black Soft Top” for $1,795.

This almost makes me wonder, Are they going to be able to provide the modular tops even to 2021MY reservations but as one of the delayed options that they mentioned... Then for 2022MY have the body colored option come out..

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You know, just about a soon as a given Porsche model is confirmed for the N. American market, it hits the PorscheUSA configurator with a 100% locked in set of options and pricing. We're talking stuff like 5 options for wheel finish, custom leather bits in the interior, etc. The interface is delivered on time and meets customer expectations. Period.

And don't give me that sh!t about Porsches being for rich guys and Broncos are for the everyman bullsh!t. Both are international full scale automakers with offerings running the gamut from $15,000 Ford econoboxes to $250,000 Porsche GT cars. If Porsche can dial in the configurator for the Macan, which runs about $60,000 on average--Ford should be able to deliver something a lot more coherent for this Bronco. Additionally, don't give me any sob stories about COVID and people working from home. Website designers don't do anything but work from home--they haven't done anything else for the last decade or more. This is just piss poor performance by a major international automobile manufacturer and it is an embarrassment. Period.
said exactly what you said months ago.

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm still getting a 2 door with MIC but looking at the 4 door top options it looks like a cluster f**k to me. Ford definitely needs to clarify this for you 4 door and Mod top buyers. Possibly they are trying to convey that with the Mod + Soft Top you can still order the Modular but take delivery with only the Soft Top and get the other later when available. B&P I guess is a work in progress but it never should of come to that situation IMO.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, so if I understand some responses, the “dual tops - modular Body Color-Painted Hard Top + Black Soft Top” for $1,795 should read “dual tops- Hard Top, Molded-In-Color (MIC) + Black Soft Top” for $1,795.
That's what most of us are thinking. It's really the only thing that makes sense.

This almost makes me wonder, Are they going to be able to provide the modular tops even to 2021MY reservations but as one of the delayed options that they mentioned... Then for 2022MY have the body colored option come out..
That's what Ford says, yes
Sponsored