Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt Ford will be directly offering a roof rack and kayak carrier for the four door due to liability issues with the GVWR. You will probably be able to get one through an aftermarket supplier though.
They wont let you option one... but I'm *sure* the guy at the parts counter will take your money in exchange for one.

Availability may be a huge issue initially though.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I assume you're also disappointed that Ford changed interior options on the FE due to consumer outcry?
Did they break their commitment to consumers making reservations on that one?

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're making some assumptions that we don't have any actual information to support.

What it boils down to is that we're all going to get a Bronco eventually.

Ford can not build all of the reservations magically on day one... and they can't build them before the change over to MY22. Between commodity availability, time, production capacity, and pure demand... the reality is that some current reservation holders won't get their broncos for a while.

Because of this they have to decide which broncos they will be able to build before the MY22 change, based on reservation rank, commodity availability, and business interests... this is where allocation formula comes in... it's literally just their way of making this decision.

Here's the thing. We don't know what the actual allocation formula is, or what the inputs will be for each dealer. We, at this time, do not have enough information to start concluding which reservation holders will get "screwed" based on who their dealer is.

If you pay attention to who is making the most noise on the forum about the allocation formula's negative effect on buyers, it falls into two camps:

1. People who are making a bunch of assumptions about what the formula actually is and what a specific dealer's variables are, and

2. Employees of competing dealerships making a case for transferring your reservation to them.

All we do know is: Ford can't produce Bronco's fast enough to deliver them to all estimated orders before 2022. If you have a later reservation you will probably get your bronco after someone with an early reservation. And, while under NDAs, dealers have said that they are generally not worried about this allocation formula thing.
This guy gets it.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. They confirmed the weight restriction thing - this is concerning to me just from the standpoint of how bloated is this truck actually?

2. having to wait literal years because your dealer has a large amount of reservations is insane... is granger doing something non-standard? Yup. But what about a high volume dealer that has lots of reservations simply because they are located in a population dense area? Those folks get screwed too?

We really need to absolutely bombard ford on this one. Dealer allocation should not apply to reservations. period. end of story.
It won't be years. Ford did say that reservations will be fulfilled before making dealer stock. If they can manufacture 10000 vehicles per month and Granger has 1000 plus reservations, there's no way its going to be a noticeable wait for Granger reservation holders, even if they wait until the very end to make the last 500 vehicles for Granger.

Sponsored

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I doubt Ford will be directly offering a roof rack and kayak carrier for the four door due to liability issues with the GVWR. You will probably be able to get one through an aftermarket supplier though.
If I can not order it directly and separately from my dealer than that is an issue . . . I don't need them to install it and for all they know I might be ordering it as a gift to never be used on my own Bronco!

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It won't be years. Ford did say that reservations will be fulfilled before making dealer stock.
They said a lot of things...they took that specific quote off their FAQs. Why would they remove that if they intended to abide by it?

When Levine was asked about it, he skirted it by referring only to MY21 Broncos with reservations being built before stock...

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Based on the fact Ford communicated that FE and Wildtrack reservation holders can order the Shadow Black Modular Hard Tops, I think they will meet those orders first for the late availability for the modular top (aka top factory comes online). Not at all sure that any other trims will be able to order the modular top on MY21 builds. We won’t know until the dealer order system (hopefully the B&P) comes up in January.

I have no idea when they will be delivered, however I got to think they want to get the FEs out as MY21 in 2021. Of course they could still be MY21 and delivered in the first quarter of 2022.

Either way I am willing to wait on my FEs with the modular top. I don’t have to have it next summer and be “First”. I want the mod top. The accessories are not that important.
Wildtrak can now order the BLACK MIC top??? I had not seen this info but it is GREAT news!!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That's what Ford said.

Ford Bronco Updated Bronco FAQ: Order Conversion/Dealer Selection Deadline Now March 19 1608063055606
thanks @ZackDanger for posting.

This message only went out to FE and Wildtrack reservations. That is why I was saying that it is unknown if any other trims can order the Shadow Black Modular Hard Top for a MY21 bronco.

Hell at this point this email is old news and may be out of date based on the recent delays from Ford.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

"might be more inclined to change things if those dealers were doing something to attract NEW customers to the Bronco as opposed to just moving around existing customers."

Here's the thing - I am not a car industry guy but just about every dealer in my area holds people over the MSRP barrel for in demand vehicles - maybe you can get a little off MSRP to make you feel good if you really try and hit it right with a particular dealer - but in my life I have never had a dealer make the kind of offer Granger did in October 2020. I am literally gonna fly halfway across the country, stay overnight, need 3 tanks of gas to get home and still save thousands from what I could get anywhere near my home. That type of offer will get rewarded by customers, myself included, even if the manufacturer doesn't like it or wants to protect bigger dealers. Screw those dealers, all day every day. I hope other dealers have the balls of Granger to disrupt the market enough that next time I won't need to go so far to get a reasonable price.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've never been asked for proof of the vehicle I'm buying a part for.

Worst case scenario they ask and you tell them you either have a 2 door or a 4 door that was compatible from the factory. The rack is the same no matter what Bronco you have. The kayak rack is from Yakima and they really don't care what you put it on.
Sponsored