Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They confirmed it's a factor with some accessories and options, but kept it very vague as to which ones.

I honestly take that as using a couple of instances as a broad excuse to address questions about some restrictions that don't make sense.

I'd still like a better explanation on this one and am hoping that the B&P update addresses some of it.

If I can take an OB 2.7 and load it to the gills, including Sasquatch... then how is a stock BL 2.7 pushed over the weight limit by PPF?
You must be talking 2 door, because you can't load a 4 door OB.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've never been asked for proof of the vehicle I'm buying a part for.
I find that shocking actually. It has been a decade or more that a dealer parts department hasn't insisted on a VIN from me to get in their computer. They won't budge on it. One of the chain stores, sure, they don't care, but a dealer only part has had that additional aggravation in almost every case. (online parts from dealers recommend giving a VIN to verify fitment, but not required.) Subaru, Chevy, and Mercedes dealers anyway. (oh yeah, Chrysler wanted one when I went to go buy new stepper motors for the active exhaust on the Merc. (same part, different box, half price from MOPAR, went out to the lot and got one off a 392 car)

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I find that shocking actually. It has been a decade or more that a dealer parts department hasn't insisted on a VIN from me to get in their computer. They won't budge on it. One of the chain stores, sure, they don't care, but a dealer only part has had that additional aggravation in almost every case. (online parts from dealers recommend giving a VIN to verify fitment, but not required.) Subaru, Chevy, and Mercedes dealers anyway. (oh yeah, Chrysler wanted one when I went to go buy new stepper motors for the active exhaust on the Merc. (same part, different box, half price from MOPAR, went out to the lot and got one off a 392 car)
I dont use the dealer often. I know they have my truck on file now after I took it in for an airbag so would have the VIN on file. I've definitely bought parts before that anyway. Last time I was in there (a month ago) I ordered an ABS sensor for another vehicle of mine, that they definitely don't have in their system, and I only gave them year, trim, etc. No problem.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So...sounds like first round of B&P/order banks (Jan 18-March19) will not offer a Modular top option. If you don't order before 3/19, sounds as if your reservation evaporates.

If B&P updates for the MOD top after March 19, who can order one?

Welcome to MIC-world.
The below is posted on Blue Oval by a long time member with inside info to Ford.

ted Saturday at 12:13 PM
As I understand it- 5/3 they expect to have full stock of roof options to build in normal progression.

I expect *many* will be built prior to 5/3 awaiting a roof.

Sponsored

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They said a lot of things...they took that specific quote off their FAQs. Why would they remove that if they intended to abide by it?

When Levine was asked about it, he skirted it by referring only to MY21 Broncos with reservations being built before stock...
+1

It's been a long time since Ford made the statement about all reservations being filled before dealer stock. And my recollection was that predated them "updating" the distribution rules. We've already seen them cave to the will of the large dealers once. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if another modification comes along that allows mega dealers to start filling dealer stock before the later reservation holders. For example, small dealer with 100 reservations gets a first batch of 50. What happens to the poor SOB who is 76 in line at that dealer? Are they then part of the 2023 "batch"?

It seems one of the most important pieces of missing information in the description is what period of time each allocation batch is supposed to cover. In other words, is that first batch of 50 the small dealer gets supposed to cover them for the first year? When would they expect to start getting build for the next batch?

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dont use the dealer often. I know they have my truck on file now after I took it in for an airbag so would have the VIN on file. I've definitely bought parts before that anyway. Last time I was in there (a month ago) I ordered an ABS sensor for another vehicle of mine, that they definitely don't have in their system, and I only gave them year, trim, etc. No problem.
Maybe a Canada VS. a US thing? It would be a lot less aggravating that way, forgetting the VIN and having to go get it before returning is not a good time.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think this is all fine and true...except this isn't the bill of goods we were initially sold, right? What's the point of having reservation timestamps if someone with a later time stamp gets a car ahead of you due to their being lucky enough to choose the right dealer? This isn't like the lack of availability for the ManSquatch or some other instance where people were upset about Ford not making exactly the car they wanted, Ford's initial pitch favored early adopters by saying, explicitly, that delivery would be based on your timestamp, subject to sourcing and deliveries. That also leveled the playing field for dealers, because you could just go wherever and it would, generally, get delivered at the same time. The difference between the old method and the new is going from "you may have to wait a few months to get your car until we get that part in" to "you may have to wait until the next model year because Ford won't send us any more cars this year." It's disappointing, to say the least, that Ford is apparently changing the deal in order to favor bigger dealers who don't want to have to compete on price.
I don't disagree sir, but it isn't just Ford. I've ordered several Corvettes, and you get into the same situation when GM changes body styles. I understand how annoying it is, and maybe I'm just used to the game. And sadly, we have this danged virus that has thrown a monkey wrench into the mix. I know that's not the entire reason, and Ford has been off on many things even since they announced the Bronco. They couldn't even get that right, and the virus hadn't even set upon then. I also agree that it is a bit disappointing. But like with the government, there's not much we can do about it.

Last edited:

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"might be more inclined to change things if those dealers were doing something to attract NEW customers to the Bronco as opposed to just moving around existing customers."

Here's the thing - I am not a car industry guy but just about every dealer in my area holds people over the MSRP barrel for in demand vehicles - maybe you can get a little off MSRP to make you feel good if you really try and hit it right with a particular dealer - but in my life I have never had a dealer make the kind of offer Granger did in October 2020. I am literally gonna fly halfway across the country, stay overnight, need 3 tanks of gas to get home and still save thousands from what I could get anywhere near my home. That type of offer will get rewarded by customers, myself included, even if the manufacturer doesn't like it or wants to protect bigger dealers. Screw those dealers, all day every day. I hope other dealers have the balls of Granger to disrupt the market enough that next time I won't need to go so far to get a reasonable price.
Granger is a great deal. However at a young age you learn that things sometimes that sound to good to be true are. Anyone with half a brain could of seen this happening. Ford sells to many vehicles to not have dealers.. if they didn’t these dealers would push them to a no dealer model. Msrp is just that though. Suggested. It is in fords contract with the dealers that they can set the final price, however if people are able to get cars for deep discount and sell them for profit will be looked down on by ford. Capitalism is great but big business won’t be undercut. I am in now way affiliated with ford or a dealer.. just stating facts.

Sponsored

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, Ford was bombarded by big dealers...that's why they changed their process and are now using allocation.
you have a source for that or is it just speculation

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a source at a big dealer; that is exactly what happened....
I work at a big dealer and we didn't push for that at all, none of the dealerships in our group did I cant speak for others but the allocation thing screws over everyone not just granger and them

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I work at a big dealer and we didn't push for that at all, none of the dealerships in our group did I cant speak for others but the allocation thing screws over everyone not just granger and them
How would an allocation formula that is designed to favor big dealers, screw over said big dealers?
Sponsored