First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. They confirmed the weight restriction thing - this is concerning to me just from the standpoint of how bloated is this truck actually?

2. having to wait literal years because your dealer has a large amount of reservations is insane... is granger doing something non-standard? Yup. But what about a high volume dealer that has lots of reservations simply because they are located in a population dense area? Those folks get screwed too?

We really need to absolutely bombard ford on this one. Dealer allocation should not apply to reservations. period. end of story.
I agree with you on #1, I'm leaning towards an F-150 Tremor now because I don't want to worry about exceeding the towing or cargo weight limit. I don't need truck level towing or payload, but I need to be able to carry 4 adults, a full cooler and some gear. On the flip side, I would love a Bronco Badlands, but I'm not going to be doing any serious rock crawling so I don't need that much capability. I mostly love it because of the looks and ability to take the doors/top off.

On #2, I don't think allocation should pay a roll at all for reservation holders. I understand that there will be regional batches and commodities restraints, but they should try to build them as close to reservation order as possible regardless which dealer holds the reservation.

While none of that would necessarily keep me from buying a Bronco by itself, all of the annoyances together have me looking at getting something else. I haven't canceled my reservation, but I am talking to Granger about switching to the F-150 because it might be a better fit for my needs.
Sponsored

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It seems that being first to order comes with a significant penalty. The sweet spot would be if your reservation gets you in front or near the front of the line for MY22. If you are in that position, you are in the best position. You get better options, any corrections, and you only had to wait an extra couple months. Ugh.

X-

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is the part I'd wonder about, not necessarily be worried about though. It may depend on what has been happening at Granger to date with their allocation, etc? Or if another part of a build waiting on modular tops becomes another hold up. I just don't think it is black and white but maybe it will be.
Based on the fact Ford communicated that FE and Wildtrack reservation holders can order the Shadow Black Modular Hard Tops, I think they will meet those orders first for the late availability for the modular top (aka top factory comes online). Not at all sure that any other trims will be able to order the modular top on MY21 builds. We won’t know until the dealer order system (hopefully the B&P) comes up in January.

I have no idea when they will be delivered, however I got to think they want to get the FEs out as MY21 in 2021. Of course they could still be MY21 and delivered in the first quarter of 2022.

Either way I am willing to wait on my FEs with the modular top. I don’t have to have it next summer and be “First”. I want the mod top. The accessories are not that important.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Based on the fact Ford communicated that FE and Wildtrack reservation holders can order the Shadow Black Modular Hard Tops, I think they will meet those orders first for the late availability for the modular top (aka top factory comes online). Not at all sure that any other trims will be able to order the modular top on MY21 builds. We won’t know until the dealer order system (hopefully the B&P) comes up in January.

I have no idea when they will be delivered, however I got to think they want to get the FEs out as MY21 in 2021. Of course they could still be MY21 and delivered in the first quarter of 2022.

Either way I am willing to wait on my FEs with the modular top. I don’t have to have it next summer and be “First”. I want the mod top. The accessories are not that important.
I think Ford can build MY '21 vehicles into early calendar year 2023 if they want to.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That sums it up nicely Zack. It is what it is, and all the racket in the world can't change that. The process of building vehicles depends on many variables, i.e. amount of orders, parts constraints that are out of Fords hands, etc., and now a virus that no one has had to deal with ever. IMHO many here are not familiar with special ordering a vehicle, and the intricacies have some confused. I do understand we want our Bronco's as fast as possible, but the term "fast as possible" is relative in the automotive industry. It took Ford 13 weeks to deliver my simple Ranger special order (09/01 - 12/04). Add into that Bronco's that will be built at the same plant, and some of us (me included) are looking at quite a wait.
I think this is all fine and true...except this isn't the bill of goods we were initially sold, right? What's the point of having reservation timestamps if someone with a later time stamp gets a car ahead of you due to their being lucky enough to choose the right dealer? This isn't like the lack of availability for the ManSquatch or some other instance where people were upset about Ford not making exactly the car they wanted, Ford's initial pitch favored early adopters by saying, explicitly, that delivery would be based on your timestamp, subject to sourcing and deliveries. That also leveled the playing field for dealers, because you could just go wherever and it would, generally, get delivered at the same time. The difference between the old method and the new is going from "you may have to wait a few months to get your car until we get that part in" to "you may have to wait until the next model year because Ford won't send us any more cars this year." It's disappointing, to say the least, that Ford is apparently changing the deal in order to favor bigger dealers who don't want to have to compete on price.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think this is all fine and true...except this isn't the bill of goods we were initially sold, right? What's the point of having reservation timestamps if someone with a later time stamp gets a car ahead of you due to their being lucky enough to choose the right dealer? This isn't like the lack of availability for the ManSquatch or some other instance where people were upset about Ford not making exactly the car they wanted, Ford's initial pitch favored early adopters by saying, explicitly, that delivery would be based on your timestamp, subject to sourcing and deliveries. That also leveled the playing field for dealers, because you could just go wherever and it would, generally, get delivered at the same time. The difference between the old method and the new is going from "you may have to wait a few months to get your car until we get that part in" to "you may have to wait until the next model year because Ford won't send us any more cars this year." It's disappointing, to say the least, that Ford is apparently changing the deal in order to favor bigger dealers who don't want to have to compete on price.
I'm not defending Ford here but did you read any of the the terms & conditions when you reserved?

This section in particular is pretty pertinent to the whole reservation process:

7. Right to Modify, Cancel Program.

Ford reserves the right to change, update, improve, correct, modify, suspend, discontinue or cancel all or part of the Program, including any of its features, functionalities or manners of operation at any time without any notice or obligation to you. Your use of the Program after any changes are implemented will be considered acceptance of such changes. The Program may not be available during maintenance breaks and other times.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But hey, the more info Ford puts out there and the more their methodology becomes apparent, people still have time to decide whether "the deal" is worth risking waiting for small dealerships with outsize reservation numbers to clear their backlog with limited allocation. For some people the deal is worth it; For others that want late availability items it might not be here or there since they are waiting anyway. Conversely, for those that don't want to wait and have something other than a very early reservation, they might want to forego the deal and move to a larger dealership likely to get more allocation.
That choice sucks, though, because it's specifically designed to push people to bigger dealers and, thus, pay more for the car than they would have if they could count on their car being delivered at roughly the same time. This whole process has been an education in how dealers collude to hurt consumers and avoid competing on pricing.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not defending Ford here but did you read any of the the terms & conditions when you reserved?

This section in particular is pretty pertinent to the whole reservation process:

Ford reserves the right to change, update, improve, correct, modify, suspend, discontinue or cancel all or part of the Program, including any of its features, functionalities or manners of operation at any time without any notice or obligation to you. Your use of the Program after any changes are implemented will be considered acceptance of such changes. The Program may not be available during maintenance breaks and other times.
No one said they couldn't do it legally...it's just that they are assholes for saying it was going to work one way, and making promises; and then fundamentally changing the program after a big dealer outcry.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So...sounds like first round of B&P/order banks (Jan 18-March19) will not offer a Modular top option. If you don't order before 3/19, sounds as if your reservation evaporates.

If B&P updates for the MOD top after March 19, who can order one?

Welcome to MIC-world.
We won't know how they're handling ordering late availability items until the order banks actually open up. Modular tops may still very well be a box to check with a disclaimer that it'll delay your order.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not sure the relevancy of this, do we need legal grounds for breach of contract to be upset that Ford is changing the deal? If tomorrow Ford said "psssssych! all 2dr bronco reservations are now for a Ford Escape!" and pointed to that language, would you be like "well, guess that's their right, shoulda read the contract better, my b"? I'm pretty irritated at this because we may now have to choose between paying materially less money to purchase this car and getting the car a lot sooner, which seems to really only favor the bigger dealers who aren't interested in having to compete on price.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No one said they couldn't do it legally...it's just that they are assholes for saying it was going to work one way, and making promises; and then fundamentally changing the program after a big dealer outcry.
I was just replying more to the "bill of goods" comment. It was right there on the bill of goods that things could change.

Again... Not defending or saying they aren't assholes but I don't understand why everyone is so suprised. We still don't even know how this will play out anyway. For all we know things will go well and we will all get Broncos in a timely manner. Not likely, of course, but I don't see it to be this giant clusterfuck some of us are making it out to be.

I'm a rose coloured glasses, glass half full, kind of guy though.

OspreyFE55

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Smart ForTwo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We really need to absolutely bombard ford on this one. Dealer allocation should not apply to reservations. period. end of story.
This right here! It's simple, the customer goes to his/her desired dealer, dealer places order with Ford, Ford delivers Bronco to what ever dealer requested by the Customer. Again if you have an reserved/ordered Bronco it should go where you want it to go, not the dealer! Serve the customer not the dealer!

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I guess I will be in the minority that is just fine with things getting pushed back, more time to save more time of not having car payments. It does suck the way things are unfolding though

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why do certain models prohibit some accessories?

We have a Bronco for every customer. Many Bronco accessory items can be added during or after vehicle delivery at the dealer. We engineered Bronco for maximum off-road capability and GVWR restrictions may limit combinations of certain accessories.
So . . . this may have been asked but I have not seen it . . . I am not able to add the roof rack and kayak carrier to my Wildtrak 4dr - will I be able to order that separately from my dealer up ordering time and then just pay for it when it shows up? I have an email stating I will have $310.00 FordPass cash to spend which I would love to put towards that!

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So . . . this may have been asked but I have not seen it . . . I am not able to add the roof rack and kayak carrier to my Wildtrak 4dr - will I be able to order that separately from my dealer up ordering time and then just pay for it when it shows up? I have an email stating I will have $310.00 FordPass cash to spend which I would love to put towards that!
I doubt Ford will be directly offering a roof rack and kayak carrier for the four door due to liability issues with the GVWR. You will probably be able to get one through an aftermarket supplier though.
Sponsored