Updated Build N Price Images - First Edition and Wildtrack

Spooled

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Clubs

@72roadster are you using modified links that are sorta similar to the original round of links that still say access denied? Or did you figure out a new way to view the images?

Advertisement

OP
72roadster

72roadster

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@72roadster are you using modified links that are sorta similar to the original round of links that still say access denied? Or did you figure out a new way to view the images?
for the most part it is just modifying the original links to bust the cache in akamai
by add ?1231241234 or something at the end
https://build.ford.com/dig/Ford/Bro...1.|221A.E5A..M7...BBD.RET.]/EXT/4/vehicle.png

https://build.ford.com/dig/Ford/Bro...|221A.E5A..M7...BBD.RET.]/EXT/4/vehicle.png?1

Saa106

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche C2S, 2005 Ferrari F430 6spd,
Vehicle Showcase
Red 2-door WT with the Wildtrak graphics, yes please!

XCR440

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have been curious about this for some time. It is highly unusual for a manufacturer to call the exact same paint code different names (total nightmare for the parts department as well!). And have long suspected that there will be a different clear or paint process even if over the same color coat.

This is an interesting development. A few other users and I have gone back and forth about CG and how it has changed appearance based on what was sprayed and when.

Update: FWIW, I reached out to a friend who owns a body shop and they do not have any paint codes from Ford for CG or JFG.

And paint codes have not been uploaded into the database: 2021 Bronco paint codes

And the other thread using the CG "touch up paint" where the paint code was supplied is also not coming up with anything out to the body shops. That is an internal "J" code as best as I can tell. Meaning nobody knows how to mix that paint yet outside of Ford.

Where all this goes, I don't know. Currently the best guess is that we have not seen the production version of cactus gray, but instead we've seen:

1-off hand-painted Showcase model using hand-mixed paint formulation:
7D775A4B-5CFD-4495-9511-54372C9A5CBA.jpeg

And we have seen pre-production paint-booth testing spray, however this does not guarantee that the full production-grade and final paint is being seen here (ie: could be a base layer without tinted clear, but tinted clears are usually "tri-coat" and have an up-charge...)

2021 Bronco Cactus Gray painted body sample.jpg

And we have seen pre-production, Mexican-built Cactus Gray:
cactus-gray-2021-bronco-sport-outer-banks-2-jpg.jpg

And also American-built pre-production pre-early-assembly Cactus Gray testing vehicle:
Cactus Gray 2021 Ford Bronco Sasquatch MIC Hardtop 0..jpg
Same color. Ford gives them different names occasionally, but same paint code. I remember Focus renamed all the colors at launch (pitch black, infra red, cloud 9 white, but all were the same colors)
20201022_140114.jpg

Rick Astley

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'51 Chevy Fleetline, '61 Ford Thunderbird
Same color. Ford gives them different names occasionally, but same paint code. I remember Focus renamed all the colors at launch (pitch black, infra red, cloud 9 white, but all were the same colors)
20201022_140114.jpg
Yes, have seen that paint card.

If you took that picture yourself that you will attest to the low quality of materials and very high likelihood that the colors won't be turning out anything like those sheets. The code NE also doesn't represent anything outside of "Ford land". Will need to see the exact materials and mixture to make the color(s) to know if they are actually the same.

Broncolli

Badlands
First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Discovery
Vehicle Showcase
I can't believe a lot of this is developed on a live site. Even Wordpress is more advanced than this.

XCR440

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yes, have seen that paint card.

If you took that picture yourself that you will attest to the low quality of materials and very high likelihood that the colors won't be turning out anything like those sheets. The code NE also doesn't represent anything outside of "Ford land". Will need to see the exact materials and mixture to make the color(s) to know if they are actually the same.
Yes, these sheets aren't Representative, but are proof that Fighter Jet and Cactus will be the same color and will get the same touch up paint from Ford.

However, I remember seeing the body shop book for Red Candy years ago and there were like 80 different color mixes for the same color due to production variance so I get where you're coming from.

Southern Girl

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2013 F-150 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Can you delete the ugly Wildtrak graphics? No desire to see that crap on my Bronco.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 13 Land Cruiser
Cactus Grey took on a very new hue in the new bnp
fe1.png

navy pier as well...better?, worse? you be the judge
vehicle (1).png

Peak at wildtrack graphics
wildtrack.png

each trim old vs new, until the original cache clears anyway

I swear the offset on these wheels/tires on Sasquatched models on Ford site is different and looks way better than they look in person.

In these pics, the wheel/tire is either wider, or more offset, and gives it a wider stance.

In photos of Squatches in person, the wheel/tire is not even flush with the edge of the flare.

ehssey

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GLC 63, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
I liked the old Navy Pier! This interior looks terrible! The blue is darker and the gray is lighter!

The interior clashes with ITSELF!

Surely this pic is off
Perhaps the designer is a Civil War buff.

Advertisement

Advertisement