First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been curious about this for some time. It is highly unusual for a manufacturer to call the exact same paint code different names (total nightmare for the parts department as well!). And have long suspected that there will be a different clear or paint process even if over the same color coat.

This is an interesting development. A few other users and I have gone back and forth about CG and how it has changed appearance based on what was sprayed and when.

Update: FWIW, I reached out to a friend who owns a body shop and they do not have any paint codes from Ford for CG or JFG.

And paint codes have not been uploaded into the database: 2021 Bronco paint codes

And the other thread using the CG "touch up paint" where the paint code was supplied is also not coming up with anything out to the body shops. That is an internal "J" code as best as I can tell. Meaning nobody knows how to mix that paint yet outside of Ford.

Where all this goes, I don't know. Currently the best guess is that we have not seen the production version of cactus gray, but instead we've seen:

1-off hand-painted Showcase model using hand-mixed paint formulation:
7D775A4B-5CFD-4495-9511-54372C9A5CBA.jpeg

And we have seen pre-production paint-booth testing spray, however this does not guarantee that the full production-grade and final paint is being seen here (ie: could be a base layer without tinted clear, but tinted clears are usually "tri-coat" and have an up-charge...)

2021 Bronco Cactus Gray painted body sample.jpg

And we have seen pre-production, Mexican-built Cactus Gray:
cactus-gray-2021-bronco-sport-outer-banks-2-jpg.jpg

And also American-built pre-production pre-early-assembly Cactus Gray testing vehicle:
Cactus Gray 2021 Ford Bronco Sasquatch MIC Hardtop 0..jpg
Same color. Ford gives them different names occasionally, but same paint code. I remember Focus renamed all the colors at launch (pitch black, infra red, cloud 9 white, but all were the same colors)
Ford Bronco Updated Build N Price Images - First Edition and Wildtrack 20201022_140114
Sponsored

HuskerJen47

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Isnt Navy Pier available at all levels...just some it is cloth?

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An @ you with I agree!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Same color. Ford gives them different names occasionally, but same paint code. I remember Focus renamed all the colors at launch (pitch black, infra red, cloud 9 white, but all were the same colors)
Ford Bronco Updated Build N Price Images - First Edition and Wildtrack 20201022_140114
Yes, have seen that paint card.

If you took that picture yourself that you will attest to the low quality of materials and very high likelihood that the colors won't be turning out anything like those sheets. The code NE also doesn't represent anything outside of "Ford land". Will need to see the exact materials and mixture to make the color(s) to know if they are actually the same.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can't believe a lot of this is developed on a live site. Even Wordpress is more advanced than this.

Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, have seen that paint card.

If you took that picture yourself that you will attest to the low quality of materials and very high likelihood that the colors won't be turning out anything like those sheets. The code NE also doesn't represent anything outside of "Ford land". Will need to see the exact materials and mixture to make the color(s) to know if they are actually the same.
Yes, these sheets aren't Representative, but are proof that Fighter Jet and Cactus will be the same color and will get the same touch up paint from Ford.

However, I remember seeing the body shop book for Red Candy years ago and there were like 80 different color mixes for the same color due to production variance so I get where you're coming from.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you delete the ugly Wildtrak graphics? No desire to see that crap on my Bronco.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Cactus Grey took on a very new hue in the new bnp

navy pier as well...better?, worse? you be the judge

Peak at wildtrack graphics

each trim old vs new, until the original cache clears anyway

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

I swear the offset on these wheels/tires on Sasquatched models on Ford site is different and looks way better than they look in person.

In these pics, the wheel/tire is either wider, or more offset, and gives it a wider stance.

In photos of Squatches in person, the wheel/tire is not even flush with the edge of the flare.

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I liked the old Navy Pier! This interior looks terrible! The blue is darker and the gray is lighter!

The interior clashes with ITSELF!

Surely this pic is off
Perhaps the designer is a Civil War buff.

Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

what do you mean?
Seems like there should be a duplicate site to do all development - we see live changes in the Ford site all the time. ou would think they would have a development site, rather than updating production in drips and drabs.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like there should be a duplicate site to do all development - we see live changes in the Ford site all the time. ou would think they would have a development site, rather than updating production in drips and drabs.
I promise you there are many environments. Dev, test, stage, preprod.. etc

72roadster is pulling these pics from their content delivery management servers (akamai in this case). This system is designed to hold any static images at the edge of their network to reduce latency in retrieval during b&p. It would be very normal to pre-stage these static images on their production CDN prior to a go-live. These wouldn't normally be accessible through just accessing the b&p site prior to the traffic redirect.

OP
OP
72roadster

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Depends how you look at it. Any change on ford.com could be perceived as a "Live Change". Most any site with a content management system, are making live changes on the site.

The drips and drabs are less about ford releasing them that way, and more about the images being behind a CDN. Ford isn't serving these images (directly anyway) Akamai is. It's a huge pain to coordinate a massive switch of assets like these that are behind a cdn.

Add on top of that that the "service" serving up build and price images is totally separate from other stuff in fords ecosystem, You can assume its been deployed in its entirety.
Sponsored