Sponsored

UPDATED & Confirmed --Dealership confirms FMC wont release my Bronco to them from local railyard and will ship it back to MAP because of MIC.

Permaxyz

Black Diamond
First Name
Rouge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That seems a bit odd to me. I can investigate this. This may be important to get clarity on, I can’t imagine you being the only one that may run into this. Send uncle perma your VIN if you’d like.

edit- @Dutchballs88 the dealer is right. Yours is on hold. I don’t believe it’s going back to MAP. Don’t do anything to your order. Wait it out.
Sponsored

Last edited:

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

October is when ford expects to receive replacements. Then it will take several weeks to months to replace all the bad tops. Then tack on another month for delivery. So the early builds will likely get this November at the soonest. And more recent builds will get their 2021 in 2022. So where is our financial compensation ford for buying a year old vehicle in 2022?
Maybe. Maybe not. Ford itself is trying to figure all this out. You can always flip your vehicle if money is your object. Or refuse it if you dont want to wait. Or perhaps, in the end, you'll enjoy it after all.

OP
OP
Dutchballs88

Dutchballs88

Badlands
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That seems a bit odd to me. I can investigate this. This may be important to get clarity on, I can’t imagine you being the only one that may run into this. Send uncle perma your VIN if you’d like.

edit- @Dutchballs88 the dealer is right. Yours is on hold. I don’t believe it’s going back to MAP. Don’t do anything to your order. Wait it out.
I sent you my vin. What’s your thinking on why it’s on hold ?

Rrpilot

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If they are replacing the badbatch first then it would make sense. I think my good roof is going back and being put on a FE or WT. While my order takes its turn in the dirt pile for the winter(spring and fall)
There are "no good roofs" all are being replaced with redesigned aka improved hard tops.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dutchballs88

Dutchballs88

Badlands
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are "no good roofs" all are being replaced with redesigned aka improved hard tops.
Why would they ship it back from Ca to let it s(h)it until November or February? The letter they sent yesterday definitely said rigs in transit would get a new top
Not 100% sure yet. I can do research and find out. wont be until monday.
cool. I appreciate it. Enjoy your weekend

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious as well.
I have a coworker that was at Ford for over 20years. She agrees it’s really unbelievable that they would ship it back to MI. Says it doesn’t sound right.

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
October is when ford expects to receive replacements. Then it will take several weeks to months to replace all the bad tops. Then tack on another month for delivery. So the early builds will likely get this November at the soonest. And more recent builds will get their 2021 in 2022. So where is our financial compensation ford for buying a year old vehicle in 2022?
I think I’m Group 3. VIN, not built, 3rd build date before the MIC replacement news. So if it shows up at the dealership January 1, is it still a 2021? I think a lot of people are going to be upset getting a 2021 delivered in 2022.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dutchballs88

Dutchballs88

Badlands
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s a chance they could be sending a top to where the stop ship is. More likely related to a body getting to deliver it. Nothing definitive right now.
Thanks for checking. My pizza tracker updated again today to 8/20 - 8/26 , that’s four different weeks in two days.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for checking. My pizza tracker updated again today to 8/20 - 8/26 , that’s four different weeks in two days.
Just checked mine and it's been reeled in from 9/2-9/9 and now says 8/19. This Friday I guess.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

did you get it?
Yes. Picked it up last Thursday.
Thinking it was held for the top at the yard. It’s ok at 5ft away. Up close you can see issues. Also top had a scratch or two in it. Looked like someone tried to clean it out. Dealer said it came that way.

Did you get yours yet?
Sponsored