Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BTW for those who ask us... the pigtails we provide are ONLY if you have/had the PLASTIC bumper from the factory. The Modular Bumper uses a DIFFERENT pigtail. Rather then cut it/splice it/etc... we're working on a pigtail to plug right into THAT harness, which is not available yet. Just trying to find the correct part # from our supplier so we can bring them in and make the pigtails.

We already make them for the plastic bumpers, which is an H11. The HD Modular is another type of adapter is all.
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The yellow with orange stripe is the + for the driver side and the brown is + for the passenger side.
Fog light connector spliced.jpg
@UtahBrandon modification is needed. I just did mine this weekend and you have the description backwards, but your picture is correct. The yellow with orange stripe is the + for the passenger side and the brown is + for the driver's side. Awesome write up!

Last edited:

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FORSCAN settings on page 1 are spot on. (y)

Resized_20220404_091750.jpeg

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shoulda told me you were doing that. We offer FREE pigtails to customers whom want to do precisely what you are doing :(

We would have included a set of pigtails to plug into your factory harness when we shipped your order
I ordered the exact same kit as the OP and am installing this onto my Badlands. Curious about that pigtail you mentioned. The one I received has but connectors on it. Do you have a pigtail with the factory connector available that I could swap out for this one? It would be way cleaner as I actually don't use butt connectors ever if possible on my builds.

Sponsored

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I ordered the exact same kit as the OP and am installing this onto my Badlands. Curious about that pigtail you mentioned. The one I received has but connectors on it. Do you have a pigtail with the factory connector available that I could swap out for this one? It would be way cleaner as I actually don't use butt connectors ever if possible on my builds.
Building one is pretty easy. The factory fog harness has the black plastic connector piece...just need to add the pins with seals to it. Here's info on obtaining the pins and seals for connecting to the factory fog wire harness. Super easy to do yourself. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/factory-fog-light-switch.22937/post-1222815

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Building one is pretty easy. The factory fog harness has the black plastic connector piece...just need to add the pins with seals to it. Here's info on obtaining the pins and seals for connecting to the factory fog wire harness. Super easy to do yourself. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/factory-fog-light-switch.22937/post-1222815
Yeah I appreciate that I can buy those items and build it myself, but if I paid for the harness and got one that's not plug and play and if it can be swapped out, why not do that. I've bought over 3K worth of kit from 4x4 Truck LEDs so far so why not ask?

Whoops I see on Sunday that he posted it's not quite ready for the Modular bumper yet. So perhaps I can be inline for that when it does become available? I've got too many other mods to do anyways right now. ;)

Last edited:

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah I appreciate that I can buy those items and build it myself, but if I paid for the harness and got one that's not plug and play and if it can be swapped out, why not do that. I've bought over 3K worth of kit from 4x4 Truck LEDs so far so why not ask?
I'd expect that too.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We're working on it. The trucks w/factory HD Modular bumpers have a DIFFERENT plug then the plastic bumpers (not sure WHY Ford did this, weird).

We're sourcing the right connectors so we can make pigtails and provide them to our customers. But they are currently not available. The only ones we make are trucks with the factory plastic connectors, which use an H11 plug.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We're working on it. The trucks w/factory HD Modular bumpers have a DIFFERENT plug then the plastic bumpers (not sure WHY Ford did this, weird).

We're sourcing the right connectors so we can make pigtails and provide them to our customers. But they are currently not available. The only ones we make are trucks with the factory plastic connectors, which use an H11 plug.
I'm waiting on BD purchase and plan to connect the amber squadrons to the factory connector. Then follow the instructions for Forscan w/ new fog switch. Once you have pigtails I'm ordering...

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm waiting on BD purchase and plan to connect the amber squadrons to the factory connector. Then follow the instructions for Forscan w/ new fog switch. Once you have pigtails I'm ordering...
We won't have the pigtails any time soon. Better not delay your order based on that reason alone. You can still make your own.

SCTWNB

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even after reading page after page of how to wire fog lights to the Badlands mod bumper with Lux, I still had questions, so I thought I'd post pics for anyone else trying this. This assumes you have the factory wiring harness/plug buried in your bumper.

Remove the plastic covers over the recover points and you can easily access the factory harness connector. It's held in place by a plastic clip which is kind of a bitch to release, but keep at it from the backside and you can get it to release. I cut off the factory connector and used waterproof soldered butt connectors to splice in a new black and red wire that would reach the new Diode Dynamics fog lights. The yellow with orange stripe is the + for the driver side and the brown is + for the passenger side.
Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector Resized_20220404_091750

Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector Resized_20220404_091750

I didn't have the proper Deutsch style wiring connectors to plug my new red and black wires into the existing Deutsch connector, so I just cut the (+ and -) wires coming out of the connector, leaving a pigtail, and used another pair of waterproof soldered butt connectors to tie the wiring together. This also allowed me to leave the existing purple wire untouched, which powers the backlights and merges with all of the other purple wires and leads to a fuse tap I added to the fuse box.

Tonight I'll be in Forscan enabling the settings for the new factory Fog light switch I replaced to actually make them work.

Edit to add the switch I ordered - M2DZ-11654-DA. Took about 10 days for delivery through my local dealership. I don't have an interest in rear fogs, so this one is perfect.

Forscan Update:
I pulled the Forscan settings from this post in the massive fog lights thread. To summarize:
BdyCM Configuration
  • Front fog lamps - change this to "Enabled".
  • Fog Lamp Switch - change this to "Enabled"
  • Using Front Fog With High Beam - "Allowed"
IPC
  • Front fog lamps - change this to "Enabled"
BdyCM (As-Built Configuration)
  • 726-42-01-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx - Change the green value to 0101
Worth noting that my Forscan extended license expired and apparently you can't renew due to the Russian/Ukranian conflict. Forscan wouldn't let me read the modules, however, I saw in another forum that you can change the date of your Windows laptop to a previous date that was within your 2 month license. That worked perfectly and allowed me to make all the changes. Fog light button works great and the icon lights up in the dash display when in use.

Here's the headlights only vs. "Everything on". By the way, I didn't think I'd love the amber backlighting as much as I do. They look awesome.
@Diode Dynamics everything, sourced from Panda Motorworks :
  • SS3 Sport Amber fogs
  • SS2 Pro white combo
  • SS2 Sport white driving

Thank you for the detailed instructions on how to do this. Worked like a champ!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector 1650051678992

We made our own pigtails today (which we'll be offering for sale soon).

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shoulda told me you were doing that. We offer FREE pigtails to customers whom want to do precisely what you are doing :(

We would have included a set of pigtails to plug into your factory harness when we shipped your order
But you had me pay for my pig tails? 🧐 hahaha
Sponsored