Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I understand, that problem is only for SSC2 and not for SS3. Here is the DD answer:

Hello Evgeny,

Thanks for reaching out! The SSC2 SAE Fog pods cannot be mounted upside down without modification. The SSC2 pods on the bronco fog pocket kit are the Combo beam pattern, which is non-directional and is for Off-Road use only. If you are wanting to mount the SAE FOG optic SSC2 pods upside down, you will need to either flip the lens in the housing and shave off the "key" on the lens so it seals in its new orientation, or you will need to aim the pod downward more than normal. This is due to the angle of the SAE FOG lens that helps keep the beam pattern uniform and low when on the front of a vehicle. All other optic choices, however, can be mounted upside down without modification.

You can also just go with our SS3 pods in the SAE FOG pattern instead, as they do not require any modification to mount upside down and function normally.

If you have any other questions down the road, just let us know! Have a great day!
Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In a Badlands why wouldn't you just use an Aux switch?
No reason to waste an upfitter switch when we have the ability to add the OEM fog light switch.

Jshocker

Raptor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, GT500, Volvo XC90, Bronco, Transit250
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Did you connect those fog kits to the factory connector behind the recovery hook cover? If so, did your fog lights require too much power to function? I've been considering upgrading my fog lights from the Oracle kit (which are currently hooked into the factory connector), but I've been concerned about the power requirements.
I hooked up to the factory fog line but used other Weather Proof connectors that came with the BAJA lights.
Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector 20220719_113232

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As I understand, that problem is only for SSC2 and not for SS3. Here is the DD answer:

Hello Evgeny,

Thanks for reaching out! The SSC2 SAE Fog pods cannot be mounted upside down without modification. The SSC2 pods on the bronco fog pocket kit are the Combo beam pattern, which is non-directional and is for Off-Road use only. If you are wanting to mount the SAE FOG optic SSC2 pods upside down, you will need to either flip the lens in the housing and shave off the "key" on the lens so it seals in its new orientation, or you will need to aim the pod downward more than normal. This is due to the angle of the SAE FOG lens that helps keep the beam pattern uniform and low when on the front of a vehicle. All other optic choices, however, can be mounted upside down without modification.

You can also just go with our SS3 pods in the SAE FOG pattern instead, as they do not require any modification to mount upside down and function normally.

If you have any other questions down the road, just let us know! Have a great day!
That's what I just said :)

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hooked up to the factory fog line but used other Weather Proof connectors that came with the BAJA lights.
Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector 20220719_113232
We sell pigtails...

For Modular Bumpers...

Baja Designs
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crysta...il-pair-2021-ford-bronco-w-hd-modular-bumper/
Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector 1658952707727

Diode Dynamics SSC1/SSC2/SS3 (BackLit)
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crysta...il-pair-2021-ford-bronco-w-hd-modular-bumper/
Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector 1658952724927

Diode Dynamics SS3, Rigid D-Series, KC HiLITES (Non-Backlit)
Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector 1658952750840

603BB

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector 1658952750840

Here's the headlights only vs. "Everything on". By the way, I didn't think I'd love the amber backlighting as much as I do. They look awesome.

• SS3 Sport Amber fogs
  • SS2 Pro white combo
  • SS2 Sport white driving
UtahBrandon (or @4x4TruckLEDs.com),

Maybe a stupid question here, but in this configuration using the new OEM switch, how do you turn on/control the amber "backlighting" on the SS2s? Do they work like daytime running lights on the OEM switch? Then how do you switch to the white on the SS2s? The SS3 is strictly controlled with the center (round) foglight switch, correct? Thanks.

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even after reading page after page of how to wire fog lights to the Badlands mod bumper with Lux, I still had questions, so I thought I'd post pics for anyone else trying this. This assumes you have the factory wiring harness/plug buried in your bumper.

Remove the plastic covers over the recover points and you can easily access the factory harness connector. It's held in place by a plastic clip which is kind of a bitch to release, but keep at it from the backside and you can get it to release. I cut off the factory connector and used waterproof soldered butt connectors to splice in a new black and red wire that would reach the new Diode Dynamics fog lights. The yellow with orange stripe is the + for the driver side and the brown is + for the passenger side.

I didn't have the proper Deutsch style wiring connectors to plug my new red and black wires into the existing Deutsch connector, so I just cut the (+ and -) wires coming out of the connector, leaving a pigtail, and used another pair of waterproof soldered butt connectors to tie the wiring together. This also allowed me to leave the existing purple wire untouched, which powers the backlights and merges with all of the other purple wires and leads to a fuse tap I added to the fuse box.

Tonight I'll be in Forscan enabling the settings for the new factory Fog light switch I replaced to actually make them work.

Edit to add the switch I ordered - M2DZ-11654-DA. Took about 10 days for delivery through my local dealership. I don't have an interest in rear fogs, so this one is perfect.

Forscan Update:
I pulled the Forscan settings from this post in the massive fog lights thread. To summarize:
BdyCM Configuration
  • Front fog lamps - change this to "Enabled".
  • Fog Lamp Switch - change this to "Enabled"
  • Using Front Fog With High Beam - "Allowed"
IPC
  • Front fog lamps - change this to "Enabled"
BdyCM (As-Built Configuration)
  • 726-42-01-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx - Change the green value to 0101
Worth noting that my Forscan extended license expired and apparently you can't renew due to the Russian/Ukranian conflict. Forscan wouldn't let me read the modules, however, I saw in another forum that you can change the date of your Windows laptop to a previous date that was within your 2 month license. That worked perfectly and allowed me to make all the changes. Fog light button works great and the icon lights up in the dash display when in use.

Here's the headlights only vs. "Everything on". By the way, I didn't think I'd love the amber backlighting as much as I do. They look awesome.
@Diode Dynamics everything, sourced from Panda Motorworks :
  • SS3 Sport Amber fogs
  • SS2 Pro white combo
  • SS2 Sport white driving

What do you mean you can’t renew? I bought a commercial license a few weeks ago with no problems.

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UtahBrandon (or @4x4TruckLEDs.com),

Maybe a stupid question here, but in this configuration using the new OEM switch, how do you turn on/control the amber "backlighting" on the SS2s? Do they work like daytime running lights on the OEM switch? Then how do you switch to the white on the SS2s? The SS3 is strictly controlled with the center (round) foglight switch, correct? Thanks.
Each of the back lights has its own separate purple wire. I combined all of them and connected them to a fuse tap in my fuse box. Anytime my vehicle is running the Amber backlights are are on. The SS3 fog lights are attached to the round fog light switch, and both of the SS2s are connected to two auxiliary switches.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you mean you can’t renew? I bought a commercial license a few weeks ago with no problems.
Believe it or not, global geopolitics is quite fickle.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it’s a US thing, use a VPN
From what I recall, it wasn't strictly a US thing. When OP started this thread, FORScan was not able to accept payment for a license renewal or a new license. You were only able to get a trial Extended license. They have since worked around the payment issue and have begun processing new licenses.

603BB

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Shoulda told me you were doing that. We offer FREE pigtails to customers whom want to do precisely what you are doing :(

We would have included a set of pigtails to plug into your factory harness when we shipped your order
When ordering online, how do we go about getting one of the pigtails for the existing harness on the modular bumper? I have a kit in the cart and didn't see any add or comment section for this pigtail. Thank you

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When ordering online, how do we go about getting one of the pigtails for the existing harness on the modular bumper? I have a kit in the cart and didn't see any add or comment section for this pigtail. Thank you
You have to add the pigtail to your cart

Diode Dynamics SS3 (with back-lighting) and SSC2: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crysta...il-pair-2021-ford-bronco-w-hd-modular-bumper/

Diode Dynamics SS3 (no back-lighting), Rigid D-Series & Morimoto 4Banger: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crysta...il-pair-2021-ford-bronco-w-hd-modular-bumper/

Baja Designs: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crysta...il-pair-2021-ford-bronco-w-hd-modular-bumper/

603BB

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You have to add the pigtail to your cart

Diode Dynamics SS3 (with back-lighting) and SSC2: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crysta...il-pair-2021-ford-bronco-w-hd-modular-bumper/

Diode Dynamics SS3 (no back-lighting), Rigid D-Series & Morimoto 4Banger: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crysta...il-pair-2021-ford-bronco-w-hd-modular-bumper/

Baja Designs: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crysta...il-pair-2021-ford-bronco-w-hd-modular-bumper/
Shoulda told me you were doing that. We offer FREE pigtails to customers whom want to do precisely what you are doing :(

We would have included a set of pigtails to plug into your factory harness when we shipped your order
Received light kit today. Thank you for quick shipping.

As for the above, I was charged for the pigtails for the existing factory harness. That is okay. However, I would suggest you edit your post #2 in this thread since they are no longer "FREE".
Sponsored