Sponsored

Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack

RAKET Roof Rack Poll….Would you rather have a...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

AVAILABLE NOW for all 4-door models and 2-door option coming soon.

The RAKET roof rack is an innovative and versatile solution for carrying all kinds of cargo on the roof of your Bronco. It has been designed with durability, ease of use, and aerodynamics in mind.

One of the key features of the RAKET roof rack is its modular design, which allows you to customize it to fit your specific needs. The new RAKET offers a friendly design readily available for a variety of accessories, such as roof top tents, bikes, kayaks, or cargo boxes, to create a fully customized system that suits your individual needs.

The RAKET roof rack is also incredibly durable, thanks to its high-strength polymer/steel slide system. It’s fastened to an aluminum constructed, corrosion-resistant basket. It‘s been tested to withstand high load capacities, making it customizable for your build.

Feel free to visit www.raketdesigns.com to stay updated on all the roof rack news.

58040FE3-74E5-4595-9BA3-C3C67C86BD2F.jpeg

70DF7F5C-1869-4AAB-AF4C-741CDE3D1767.jpeg

E2EDEB02-DEFA-4FC1-97EE-7F4A0DBAE208.jpeg

1CD23438-C464-45FA-9912-C61A6013C1A8.jpeg

80540BCF-176F-44D9-A611-2E0D0C166547.jpeg

4F077808-DE2B-47A7-A3A1-47420FEC9160.jpeg

043411C0-378C-4B37-B441-71F186BE3723.jpeg

2DE00547-152C-453E-8AD7-9D9DB6A2FE35.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hedrock

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr EG Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What’s up Bronchachos? I wanted to share exciting news that my company (RAKET) will be developing a new ROOF RACK for the Ford Bronco. THIS WILL BE FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH EITHER TOP. We’ve filed the patent application and have started the R&D. We’ll keep the Forum updated along the way. That being said…here’s what I’m looking for; I would love your input and ideas as to what makes the “ultimate rack” for your Bronco? I’d like to use this thread to hear from you as we start the process. I’ve attached a few details about the rack, but we’re open to ideas. Attached is a very rough sketch of our concept.

View attachment 347547

So let’s talk about some of the key components of the RAKET rack system:

1. The basket (and tower) can be removed within 10 minutes…and be done on the trail.
2. Portions of the rack system will be stationary with “no additional drilling”. That means less install/uninstall.
3. Components (along with the rack/basket) will be interchangeable based on your preference…taller rack…no problem.
4. Cost will be HIGHLY competitive with others in the market. This is a Bronco owner building for Bronco owners.
5. Research will include tensile strength to support Roof Top Tent capabilities.
6. Our goal is to provide customizable aspects to components (molle/ladder/light bars/etc.)
7. Will be available for 2/4/Raptor models.

So now it’s your turn. If you were to build your own rack system, what do you want? Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you. Feel free to send a direct message if you prefer. More news to come once we kick off our marketing and pre-orders.

Derick - RAKET Designs
-500+lb static load
-easily removable basket/racks is awesome.
-Option to easily remove top rear crossbar to quickly lower top?
-Less huge than the Gobi option (as cool as it is).

-Cost!! Curious what your target for the base system is.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the rack is cool. Right now, the scarcest item not on the market are roof rails/crossbars that work with the top off (mounts to roll cage). One of those will open up my wallet faster than a road side chicken BBQ

Papow

Base
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi Derick,
I am a whitewater kayaker, but I also have to fit my bronco in a work garage so with that in mind...
- 500 ish pound static load
- I think modularity would be great. Let people start with a base (described below) and then build up if they want a platform, basket, or other system. By making this removable/customizable this would give you the ability to have basket or lower profile platform.
- This might be selfish as a kayaker, but base option with the back towers towers and just two bars to the front connection points and maybe one crossbar for stiffness. On these bars I would then attach longer cross bars (you could offer these too) to put my boats up there. This would be simple, light to remove and could be the base of the system of baskets/platforms, it also might allow you to come in at a good cost for the base set up. By having a base set up too, one could use it and easily remove it.
- Easy way to raise it to lower the top.

Thanks
Pat

Djd7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s up Bronchachos? I wanted to share exciting news that my company (RAKET) will be developing a new ROOF RACK for the Ford Bronco. THIS WILL BE FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH EITHER TOP. We’ve filed the patent application and have started the R&D. We’ll keep the Forum updated along the way. That being said…here’s what I’m looking for; I would love your input and ideas as to what makes the “ultimate rack” for your Bronco? I’d like to use this thread to hear from you as we start the process. I’ve attached a few details about the rack, but we’re open to ideas. Attached is a very rough sketch of our concept.

View attachment 347547

So let’s talk about some of the key components of the RAKET rack system:

1. The basket (and tower) can be removed within 10 minutes…and be done on the trail.
2. Portions of the rack system will be stationary with “no additional drilling”. That means less install/uninstall.
3. Components (along with the rack/basket) will be interchangeable based on your preference…taller rack…no problem.
4. Cost will be HIGHLY competitive with others in the market. This is a Bronco owner building for Bronco owners.
5. Research will include tensile strength to support Roof Top Tent capabilities.
6. Our goal is to provide customizable aspects to components (molle/ladder/light bars/etc.)
7. Will be available for 2/4/Raptor models.

So now it’s your turn. If you were to build your own rack system, what do you want? Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you. Feel free to send a direct message if you prefer. More news to come once we kick off our marketing and pre-orders.

Derick - RAKET Designs
Derek -
I would like one that:
-has crossbars only that I can mount a rooftop box or ski racks to. straight and simple. Removable for summer as I don't need it then
-front mount brackets should be able to work with the lightbar I already have installed to top of window frame.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

-500+lb static load

-500+lb static load

A- 500 + is the goal
A- Key focus is removability of the system
A- Top rear crossbar is FULLY REMOVABLE as part of the install/uninstall steps. This was a definite game changer.
A- We’re building this for a more streamlined look, with practical uses.
A- Cost (in my opinion) will start in the $2k range with upgrade options. This is a rack I’m building for myself, so cost/stability/looks will all be considered.

Thank you for the input and keep it coming.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

the rack is cool. Right now, the scarcest item not on the market are roof rails/crossbars that work with the top off (mounts to roll cage). One of those will open up my wallet faster than a road side chicken BBQ
Will that be a tigh/leg/breast combo? Haha.

The biggest part of the R&D (for us) is the sturdiness of every component. We’ll be testing all metals to keep weight down, secure the mounts, and evenly distribute the weight/stress. This will be a system that piggybacks off the Bronco…and not the hardtop.

Thanks and your chicken comes with some BBQ chips.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi Derick,
I am a whitewater kayaker, but I also have to fit my bronco in a work garage so with that in mind...
- 500 ish pound static load
- I think modularity would be great. Let people start with a base (described below) and then build up if they want a platform, basket, or other system. By making this removable/customizable this would give you the ability to have basket or lower profile platform.
- This might be selfish as a kayaker, but base option with the back towers towers and just two bars to the front connection points and maybe one crossbar for stiffness. On these bars I would then attach longer cross bars (you could offer these too) to put my boats up there. This would be simple, light to remove and could be the base of the system of baskets/platforms, it also might allow you to come in at a good cost for the base set up. By having a base set up too, one could use it and easily remove it.
- Easy way to raise it to lower the top.

Thanks
Pat
Perfect thanks Pat. My goal is to allow upgrade capabilities, but definitely start from a solid base. Thank you.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Those are cool. Too bad they don't have the same for the 2 door (what I have on order). They offer crossbars but not the rails
I took a look at the exposed option, but you can’t use them with the top on. The RAKET system will be useable with the top on/off, Bimini, etc. since it won’t rely on the roll bars. The system will also be available for 2 door chassis. Thanks.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Derek -
I would like one that:
-has crossbars only that I can mount a rooftop box or ski racks to. straight and simple. Removable for summer as I don't need it then
-front mount brackets should be able to work with the lightbar I already have installed to top of window frame.
Perfect thanks for the input. Here’s what I’ve got:

-Rooftop box and ski racks will be possible, but we’ll have to design a mounting system that meets the brackets. Possible for sure. I do know Exposed has some that may work for you if the tops down.

-Yes the front bracket is one of the parts we’d like to make sleek, efficient, and accessory friendly. That way you’re not designated to mounting on the basket (unless we have quick disconnect options). Thank you for the input.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Make sure it works with Trektop too!
Yes this will absolutely be compatible with the current aftermarket tops.

This system is not designed with fasteners, but a more permanent bracket system. Part of the process is having something look like it fits on the Bronco. Thank you.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.