Sponsored

Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack

RAKET Roof Rack Poll….Would you rather have a...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd love to see your rack supportive enough to hold a second spare tire. Hadn't been able to view all 26 pages of this post. But I'm guessing that would be roughly 50-125lbs. And it has to sustain bumps (meaning Baja style racing :cool: ).
I can confirm the weight is no issue (500 dynamic/800 static). That being said anything Baja level needs additional support especially in aluminum. Can it be done…yes. The design would do better attached to roll cage vs front accessory mounts. Impact like that would be so specific
Sponsored

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What’s up Bronchachos? I wanted to share exciting news that my company (RAKET) will be developing a new ROOF RACK for the Ford Bronco. THIS WILL BE FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH EITHER TOP. We’ve filed the patent application and have started the R&D. We’ll keep the Forum updated along the way. That being said…here’s what I’m looking for; I would love your input and ideas as to what makes the “ultimate rack” for your Bronco? I’d like to use this thread to hear from you as we start the process. I’ve attached a few details about the rack, but we’re open to ideas. Attached is a very rough sketch of our concept.

View attachment 347547

So let’s talk about some of the key components of the RAKET rack system:

1. The basket (and tower) can be removed within 10 minutes…and be done on the trail.
2. Portions of the rack system will be stationary with “no additional drilling”. That means less install/uninstall.
3. Components (along with the rack/basket) will be interchangeable based on your preference…taller rack…no problem.
4. Cost will be HIGHLY competitive with others in the market. This is a Bronco owner building for Bronco owners.
5. Research will include tensile strength to support Roof Top Tent capabilities.
6. Our goal is to provide customizable aspects to components (molle/ladder/light bars/etc.)
7. Will be available for 2/4/Raptor models.

So now it’s your turn. If you were to build your own rack system, what do you want? Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you. Feel free to send a direct message if you prefer. More news to come once we kick off our marketing and pre-orders.

Derick - RAKET Designs
Your concepts look like you’re going to make a great system. Can I suggest another product? Your image below gave me hope for something I’ve been looking for. Think you can come up with an arch similar to the image below that would allow you yo keep the front sections of roof on and remove the back section completely?
Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack C57E816C-849E-452B-8FE4-233594D3BF9F

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Your concepts look like you’re going to make a great system. Can I suggest another product? Your image below gave me hope for something I’ve been looking for. Think you can come up with an arch similar to the image below that would allow you yo keep the front sections of roof on and remove the back section completely?
Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack C57E816C-849E-452B-8FE4-233594D3BF9F
Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack F23082D6-F352-42A7-93F0-D860436F919D

Done. The rear tower assembly can be self standing if the basket is removed. It gives you 2 molle panels and offers access to “position 2” (so you can peel the top back).

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack F23082D6-F352-42A7-93F0-D860436F919D

Done. The rear tower assembly can be self standing if the basket is removed. It gives you 2 molle panels and offers access to “position 2” (so you can peel the top back).
I was thinking for the hard top. Front two hard top panels need an anchor.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is the basket quick release and is the rear hatch fully openable, like to see a picture with it in support position

Sponsored
OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was thinking for the hard top. Front two hard top panels need an anchor.
ahh I see. I’d have to see the design of the hard top closer to figure out how that would work. If you want to email me a quick sketch so I know what you’re looking to do. Email me at [email protected]

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is your rear support bolting to? Is it going to the fender flare bolts? Or are you attaching to the Bronco bolts that would hold down a hard top?

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What is your rear support bolting to? Is it going to the fender flare bolts? Or are you attaching to the Bronco bolts that would hold down a hard top?
Great question…we attach to both. The current design attaches to 5 bolts, which (with a hard top on) works in conjunction. Thanks.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is the basket quick release and is the rear hatch fully openable, like to see a picture with it in support position
In a way I consider the basket a quick release. It’s held on with 4 bolts; that’s it. We tested different fasteners (like a cam bolt) but it could cause more issues.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great question…we attach to both. The current design attaches to 5 bolts, which (with a hard top on) works in conjunction. Thanks.
Are there any issues with the seal under the hard top if you’re adding a bracket under there? I like your concept, I already have a Trailrax setup but I’d definitely point people in your direction as well. I like the increased loading bearing capacity of both yours and trailrax by transmitting some of the weight down to the quarter panel area.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are there any issues with the seal under the hard top if you’re adding a bracket under there? I like your concept, I already have a Trailrax setup but I’d definitely point people in your direction as well. I like the increased loading bearing capacity of both yours and trailrax by transmitting some of the weight down to the quarter panel area.
it does pinch the foam seal under the hardtop but it’s minimal since we follow the contour of the bends. Tapping into those contact points (imo) is really the only way to manage that type of weight. It’s a great spot and very secure.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

10-31-22 Quick update

I’m doing a “camping” photo shoot this afternoon, but we’ll have position photos tomorrow. We’ll provide a breakdown tomorrow and (hopefully) an installation video today. Here’s a few pictures and keys:

-Front assembly is a combination of light mount, cowling, and a patented front slide rail.
Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack A7A78A79-834A-4DCC-AC2F-C48E372FA5DD

-The basket is held on by 4 bolts which keeps it tight and vibration free. There’s 4 holes on each side to allow reversible use as a flat side or basket.
Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack 559B2C0A-D3FD-47AE-88B0-B81CDBEBDCB9

-The rear tower assembly is compiled of the rear slide rail, and a platform
Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack A0294CEF-FE56-4536-8388-7E430E735790

-The “vertical” portion comes equipped with a molle panel on both sides. These are bolted down to the side mounting brackets via 6 total hex bolts
Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack 8B2187F3-34F3-4CF9-A872-791ABC777D86

-As you can see the rear door fully opens but it is tight. If you have an ex-lift system I’ve heard it raises it more than typical.
Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack AA4B8E74-D13C-4675-A469-49D2F71ABB87

Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack 96A19BB5-04F1-4D04-8FD5-C08664786E10

Last edited:

squid1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m extremely interested in this rack system. Just have a few questions.

1. In the video posted early in the thread of you going off-road with it, it appeared to have quite a bit of side to side motion. Just wondering about the stress that motion will have on the mounting points? Is it enough side to side motion to hit the soft top itself?

2. Have you attempted any mounting of J-Bar type kayak mounts? Most things I mount to my roof will appear to work with the rack system with the exception of my kayaks (2 of them). If I can for sure mount 2 kayaks I am 100% sold.

Ps: really loving the final look of the rack, really awesome job!

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you would please do a comprehensive edit on the first post to update everything.
I'm always interested in a roof rack system, especially one like this.

Right now, it's too cumbersome to look through 27 pages to get all the details. I would assume you're no longer looking for people to vote on what they'd like to see since the rack is essentially designed and being built at this point.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you would please do a comprehensive edit on the first post to update everything.
I'm always interested in a roof rack system, especially one like this.

Right now, it's too cumbersome to look through 27 pages to get all the details. I would assume you're no longer looking for people to vote on what they'd like to see since the rack is essentially designed and being built at this point.
I don’t blame you lol. There’s a lot of great people on this forum that provided info/ideas. Here’s where we stand:

-One of a kind design makes it compatible with soft-top, hard-top, or no-top
-No Drilling required
-All fasteners, tools, and protective film included
-100% Aluminum system with a total weight of 100 lbs
-Load Capacity: 500 Dynamic / 800 Static
-Patented “Slide” System (basket is removable as it slides off the passenger side)
-Modular design with built-in accessories (light bar mount / 2 molle panels)
-Reversible basket: Enclosed for cargo or Flat surface for RTT/Canoes/Boards
-Low profile design

$2,800 (excludes tax & shipping)

To learn more feel free to DM me or visit www.raketdesigns.com. Thanks and we begin taking orders November 15.
Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack 1392E926-008D-4B63-A6CA-781A95B8C6E7
Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack 6B0714C5-D3CD-48CB-A4AB-E9B43B337F16
Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack 60628BC6-8613-4EC2-9273-E77769E7E566
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.