Sponsored

Updated: Resolved!! So, my bronco arrived and the dealer tried marking it up $10K ADM

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just an FYI, but the non-tax fee is usually: license, title, registration and inspection.
For us Texans it is ~$200 on a $50k vehicle
Not truly how that works and different state to state where some have doc fees, filing fees, etc. But nontaxable fees are normally service fees that many times are added on during the invoicing and have nothing to do with title, inspections, etc. Depends on how they are doing their county registrations there, if the buyer is in county to the dealership, etc. Too many variables to know without knowing here, but they are in fact negotiable because not being taxed, they are being assessed by the dealership for revenue recovery. Not likely in this case to be negotiated off, but in many cases they can be and are negotiable. At least to those that have been in the industry of selling cars for many decades will tell you.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not truly how that works and different state to state where some have doc fees, filing fees, etc. But nontaxable fees are normally service fees that many times are added on during the invoicing and have nothing to do with title, inspections, etc. Depends on how they are doing their county registrations there, if the buyer is in county to the dealership, etc. Too many variables to know without knowing here, but they are in fact negotiable because not being taxed, they are being assessed by the dealership for revenue recovery. Not likely in this case to be negotiated off, but in many cases they can be and are negotiable. At least to those that have been in the industry of selling cars for many decades will tell you.
Thus the usually qualifier and the note that in TX those fees listed are about $200.

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thus the usually qualifier and the note that in TX those fees listed are about $200.
You like to nitpick what you typed, but read what I typed... "Not truly..."

And yeah, I know, I live in TX. And you dont truly know what those fees are, since they are not line itemized, so how do YOU know that those fees listed are about 200$ here, AND not to mention even in TX vary county to county?

notbuildingrockets

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond, 2010 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here is what I ordered....

1634679870701.png

And here is what they're trying to charge me...
1634679921213.png

Now what? If I could have afforded the $10K mark up, I've of ordered max'd out Badlands!!!
I'm in Canada and seeing these markups are appalling. I haven't heard of that happening here yet... I'm not sure it can.

I'm also pretty shocked by the fees on your bill of sale - I'd be questioning the filing fee, the doc fee, the non-tax fee... none of this is legit or necessary. Just gouging.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You like to nitpick what you typed, but read what I typed... "Not truly..."

And yeah, I know, I live in TX. And you dont truly know what those fees are, since they are not line itemized, so how do YOU know that those fees listed are about 200$ here, AND not to mention even in TX vary county to county?
Lol, I like to nitpick?? Unfortunately, I did not save my pricing preview sheet that summed our fiercely debated fees and categorized them as non-taxable. Of course, this is for my Bronco purchase, in my county, through my dealer, and my experience is probably in no way what-so-ever relatable to anybody else's Bronco purchasing experience, anywhere, so there is nothing to be learned or gained from my isolated experience. Sheesh.

Ford Bronco Updated: Resolved!!  So, my bronco arrived and the dealer tried marking it up $10K ADM 1634738388570

Sponsored

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lol, I like to nitpick?? Unfortunately, I did not save my pricing preview sheet that summed our fiercely debated fees and categorized them as non-taxable. Of course, this is for my Bronco purchase, in my county, through my dealer, and my experience is probably in no way what-so-ever relatable to anybody else's Bronco purchasing experience, anywhere, so there is nothing to be learned or gained from my isolated experience. Sheesh.

Ford Bronco Updated: Resolved!!  So, my bronco arrived and the dealer tried marking it up $10K ADM 1634738388570
Cool story... I will sum it up like this. I gave advice to others to make sure they discuss their fees for where they are. You called out my statement and gave other advice to which I added to that to clarify, it depends where people are and those fees may not be your experience. Then you decide to further clarify your experience is subject to your area now agreeing with me that it does depend on where people are. Okay, cool. So what I said. Yes.

David196

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

$1,700 is dealer and titling fees,, frick that.

I'm at less than $500 for both.

That's a screwing before the up charge on MSRP

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No doubt. If the guy on the other mega thread hadn’t flipped out and cursed out the dealer like a little child, he probably resolves his disagreement and drives home at MSRP. He lost it and paid the price.
Based on the dealer response with fake 5 star reviews and dealer mole hopping on bronco6g with misinformation I would say you are probably wrong. Dealer with moral compass will revert regardless. Dch dealership need lashes and punishment from Ford for them to make adjustment. Just look at the number Broncos they have on their lot.

Last edited:

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just an FYI, but the non-tax fee is usually: license, title, registration and inspection.
For us Texans it is ~$200 on a $50k vehicle
Assumed that’s in the doc fee?

Sponsored

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Evidently, the ADM is a normal sales approach they try with everyone.
I get that. I recent bought a shooting brake that has been in very limited supply and had a similar experience. They had one of these hard to find things on the floor and said there would be ADM reflecting vehicle scarcity. I went to the dealership prepared to offer MSRP to buy it immediately for cash and to simply call things off if they didn't want to do that. All very cordial. There wasn't even really much discussion, I just made my position very clear. As they kept moving forward with the sales process (test drive, paperwork etc) it gradually became clear they'd take the deal even though they never said so explicitly until we signed it up. I had to chat with the sales manager but he didn't push me on price, I think he was just trying to size me up. From start to finish within a few hours at the dealership. I guess there are certain things you are never going to change about the car buying experience but it you anticipate them they can be managed, usually.

But your situation was different: there was a prior interaction in which you placed an order at a specific price. To do that and then have the ADM brought up at the time of delivery (the 11th hour so to speak) is something that I don't think is as normal as the above scenario.

But in any case you had a good outcome, so congratulations and best of luck with it.

slouis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am sooooo glad that I canceled a reservation with those assholes!!!
Good for you! Ford is losing their minds. Farley is a shiny pants salesman, nothing more. I still have an order in, if they play game with me, I will negotiate best price, drive it for 50 miles and sell it. At the end of the day, my 2017 Laramie is a great vehicle.

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How did you pay 0% interest?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That must be the place to list in house financing rates. I actually got 1.69% through BoA.

Dan303

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
UPDATE:

Easiest resolution process ever! Talk with the sales rep about the ADM and he claimed that they markup every vehicle on the lot. After some back and forth conversations, I flat out asked if they are going to sell me the bronco at MSRP. Again, more discussions ensued and sales rep confirmed that if I agree to pay full MSRP then the deal was on.

Evidently, the ADM is a normal sales approach they try with everyone. And in this case, it appears that some specific questions about not wanting to pay ADM resolved the issue.

I hope everyone has the same luck.

1634679870701.png

1634679921213.png

Now what? If I could have afforded the $10K mark up, I've of ordered max'd out Badlands!!!
UPDATE:

Easiest resolution process ever! Talk with the sales rep about the ADM and he claimed that they markup every vehicle on the lot. After some back and forth conversations, I flat out asked if they are going to sell me the bronco at MSRP. Again, more discussions ensued and sales rep confirmed that if I agree to pay full MSRP then the deal was on.

Evidently, the ADM is a normal sales approach they try with everyone. And in this case, it appears that some specific questions about not wanting to pay ADM resolved the issue.

I hope everyone has the same luck.

Mine got marked up too - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...freight-charge-lindsay-ford-wheaton-md.26152/
Sponsored