Sponsored

Updated: Resolved!! So, my bronco arrived and the dealer tried marking it up $10K ADM

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad you got it resolved easily. I suspect many of these ADM's we are seeing are a "throw it against the wall and see if it sticks" approach by the dealer. Talking things through while maintaining a level head will probably resolve most of these issues.
Sponsored

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I transfer my order here early on when I thought they weren't going to charge an ADM. It's base squatch 2dr with HD bumper and bar. That's it.
Same here, I talked to several dealers around here. None would commit to anything. Once we found dealers that were going be fair. I moved my reservation.

portland_lol

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly, it's very easy to see why this keeps occurring, and will continue to.

Traditional methods for ordering/purchasing vehicles has gone down as you said. You head on down to the dealer, meet with your salesman face to face, and you either order exactly what you want, agree on a price and leave a deposit or you haggle with something they have on the lot, sign your docs and pay up/establish financing. Very clear as to what belongs to who, what you're paying etc.

But this shit reservation system is nothing like that. Ford cross pollinated the direct to consumer style model (online reservation etc) with the dog and pony show dealer experience and the result has left plenty of room for misinterpretation, confusion and flat out disappointment (not even factoring the actual disastrous launch of the vehicle itself.)

IMO, had the system worked as Ford had most likely intended, a sales person from the dealership we selected would have reached out, introduced themselves and explained that we needed to swing by the dealer/Zoom call (whatever) and formalize the actual reservation/numbers. But in many cases, most had little to no communication with their dealers/salesmen. And with the uniqueness of this ordering process, Ford should have expected the potential confusion and done a better job at outlining expectations from the dealers as well as from us, the reservation holders. Luckily mine kept me in the loop.

In the end, the vague "reservation" coupled with tons of communications from Ford regarding "YOUR" Bronco, I feel misrepresented that it was a lock on it actually being yours (or at least yours to refuse). Only to then to turn it over to a dealership who's arguably financially incentivized to not communicate, ends up leaving it open ended and to their discretion how the deal goes down.

But making it sound like you "don't know how this keeps happening" seems like a jab at the majority of the people who didn't know they needed to cover their 6 going into this. This process has been a shit show since day one.

this should be pinned on the front page

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honestly, it's very easy to see why this keeps occurring, and will continue to.

Traditional methods for ordering/purchasing vehicles has gone down as you said. You head on down to the dealer, meet with your salesman face to face, and you either order exactly what you want, agree on a price and leave a deposit or you haggle with something they have on the lot, sign your docs and pay up/establish financing. Very clear as to what belongs to who, what you're paying etc.

But this shit reservation system is nothing like that. Ford cross pollinated the direct to consumer style model (online reservation etc) with the dog and pony show dealer experience and the result has left plenty of room for misinterpretation, confusion and flat out disappointment (not even factoring the actual disastrous launch of the vehicle itself.)

IMO, had the system worked as Ford had most likely intended, a sales person from the dealership we selected would have reached out, introduced themselves and explained that we needed to swing by the dealer/Zoom call (whatever) and formalize the actual reservation/numbers. But in many cases, most had little to no communication with their dealers/salesmen. And with the uniqueness of this ordering process, Ford should have expected the potential confusion and done a better job at outlining expectations from the dealers as well as from us, the reservation holders. Luckily mine kept me in the loop.

In the end, the vague "reservation" coupled with tons of communications from Ford regarding "YOUR" Bronco, I feel misrepresented that it was a lock on it actually being yours (or at least yours to refuse). Only to then to turn it over to a dealership who's arguably financially incentivized to not communicate, ends up leaving it open ended and to their discretion how the deal goes down.

But making it sound like you "don't know how this keeps happening" seems like a jab at the majority of the people who didn't know they needed to cover their 6 going into this. This process has been a shit show since day one.
Ford Bronco Updated: Resolved!!  So, my bronco arrived and the dealer tried marking it up $10K ADM raw (13)

raw (13).gif

Sponsored

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can almost guarantee anyone who gets the shaft on a Bronco after waiting with a reservation will "never" buy another Ford. One could probably assume any kids they have of age would never buy a Ford.
I bought many ford over the year.... .
If i get screw by my dealer after waiting 2 year ..... i will be so piss .... i will never buy ford product and my entired family and we will pass it on to the next generation to nevee buy ford again if it happen to me....

Just imagine waiting 2 year for nothing could be driving a defender right now istead of wasting 2 year and put everything on hold .....

Micheal Levine need to step up.....
We are all wathing your next move

With ADM surprise like that how honest they are with their survice department.... few month after oil change suddnley thing brake 😉😉😉 or after oil change adm 1k

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad you got it resolved easily. I suspect many of these ADM's we are seeing are a "throw it against the wall and see if it sticks" approach by the dealer. Talking things through while maintaining a level head will probably resolve most of these issues.
No doubt. If the guy on the other mega thread hadn’t flipped out and cursed out the dealer like a little child, he probably resolves his disagreement and drives home at MSRP. He lost it and paid the price.

rfawbush

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Subaru STI/1979 Ford Courier
Your Bronco Model
Base
I live in Deltona and would willing to join in a protest! Let's picket this a**holes. Get the news involved, social media campaign. I almost placed my order with them. Glad I didn't now!
Side note, I grew up in Deltona. Small world!

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Updated: Easiest resolution process ever! Talk with the sales rep about the ADM and he claimed that they markup every vehicle on the lot. After some back and forth conversations, I flat out asked if they are going to sell me the bronco at MSRP. Again, more discussions ensued and sales rep confirmed that if I agree to pay full MSRP then the deal was on.

Evidently, the ADM is a normal sales approach they try with everyone. And in this case, it appears that some specific questions about not wanting to pay ADM resolved the issue.

I hope everyone has the same luck.
Why I don’t do business with those types of dealers. It seems all the big dealers do this. I’m glad it worked out.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
After negotiations with the dealer, we've worked out a deal in which I'll pay full MSRP with NO ADM.

Thanks everyone for helping me out.
Great to hear you got it worked out. Negotiating regarding the price. Bites you had to do it on delivery, but yeah they were fishing to see, in the off chance if someone was foolish enough to agree to the ADM.

I bought a new car last year, and they started at over $3000 more than the price with which I ended up walking out. That's what they do.

As stated earlier, and sorry if it seemed insulting some folks, but buying a car still involves the specific act of negotiating and nailing down a price. Regardless of some reservation (marketing) scheme or misleading emails. Maybe someday in the future, there will be a set price like buying a TV, but we're not there yet.

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

These ADM's are not going to last. People need to be patient. We really hold all the cards.
I agree they won't last forever, but I'm seeing this kind of pricing stay surprisingly persistent on desirable items for really long periods of time. The whole world has been turned upside down by these supply chain issues, which I can't talk about with any specificity because my post will be deleted, but suffice it to say that without a change of policy these issues may not go away quickly. When they do go away, yes, I agree, things will quickly revert to a more normal situation. It doesn't take long, but you need to eliminate the cause.

Otherwise I really feel you. This whole thing actually has me thinking that maybe I don't want a Bronco. Instead of being a joyful, fun experience, I feel like somehow its going to be tainted with this incredibly long tale of woe and the tidal wave of disappointment that has been created. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but something that should have been happy will now certainly be bittersweet, if not sour. Did not have to be this way.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Updated: Easiest resolution process ever! Talk with the sales rep about the ADM and he claimed that they markup every vehicle on the lot. After some back and forth conversations, I flat out asked if they are going to sell me the bronco at MSRP. Again, more discussions ensued and sales rep confirmed that if I agree to pay full MSRP then the deal was on.

Evidently, the ADM is a normal sales approach they try with everyone. And in this case, it appears that some specific questions about not wanting to pay ADM resolved the issue.

I hope everyone has the same luck.
Glad to you hear you got the ADM resolved and it worked out for you @Shallow Drifter !

If you have time and you don't mind, please share your interaction and any recommendations you have to others that mind find themselves in your shoes.

@BlueBronco created a thread that helping collect information that can help customers resolve these type issues and would be a great place to put this info.

Link:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...u-an-adm-price-mark-up-what-can-you-do.25321/

PAULWESTSKI

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 F350 PSD, 05 Excursion PSD, VW-TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are in Hampton Roads and military, I'm expecting all dealerships to agree to the price because if not those dealerships could end up on the off limits message. I was told cavalier ford in va Beach hasn't done anything over msrp.
IDK about Cavalier Ford, everything on their web site has a 2500$ ADM, rangers, F-150s etc.
Sponsored