Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey guys, today was the second time I’ve noticed a high pitch squeaking noise that SEEMS to be coming from the left (driver) front wheel area..

Both times noticed only after driving for a while (30 mins or so) and windows down. Only noticeable below 30mph. Seems to get louder the more I drive. Today I could still hear it after rolling window up. Sound is unaffected by turning or braking.

I haven’t had a chance to get it up on a lift yet to try and duplicate in the air. Also haven’t tried shifting into 4x4 to see if changes.

I’m suspecting a wheel bearing seal or maybe a CV shaft or driveshaft. Could always be a pebble stuck in the brakes too I supposed.

will report back once I pinpoint the source and figure it out. Just thought I’d share in case anyone else is experiencing.

<<<UPDATE: 4/30/22>>>

I finally had a chance to get the Bronco in the air today to investigate the noise. It appears to be coming from the rear joint on the front driveshaft.

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
SuperFord

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just verified this morning after sitting overnight, the noise is not present at cold start.

b0rkman

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak 4-door Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just noticed a similar noise coming from the rear of my Wildtrak after warming up. When cold - nothing. When warm and under 30MPH I have a rotational sound that slows with the vehicle. My first thought is a wheel bearing, but it only has 3400 miles on it. Anybody else have this problem? Seems like a trip to Ford for my Wildtrak. Problem occurs whether in 4A or 2H.

I listened to Chris' video and it sounds exactly the same but sounds like coming from rear vice front.

b0rkman

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sent vehicle to Ford for Service. They report they believe it was some debris caught in the backing plate and noise is gone. Going to pick up Bronco and see if noise returns.

Got it back to my neighborhood and surprise, surprise, the noise is there. Trip back to Ford in the a.m.

Last edited:

b0rkman

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bronco is at dealer and remains there until they can troubleshoot further. They said not coming from rear; the sound was an echo and they believe the problem to be pulley-related. I will provide an update when I have more details.

Sponsored

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just experienced this, I think it's coming from the transfer case end of the front driveshaft. Almost like the boot is squeaky.

OP
OP
SuperFord

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just experienced this, I think it's coming from the transfer case end of the front driveshaft. Almost like the boot is squeaky.
You were exactly right!

Pepino

Badlands
First Name
JUAN JOSE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD BRONCO BADLANDS SASQUATCH 2 DOOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys, today was the second time I’ve noticed a high pitch squeaking noise that SEEMS to be coming from the left (driver) front wheel area..

Both times noticed only after driving for a while (30 mins or so) and windows down. Only noticeable below 30mph. Seems to get louder the more I drive. Today I could still hear it after rolling window up. Sound is unaffected by turning or braking.

I haven’t had a chance to get it up on a lift yet to try and duplicate in the air. Also haven’t tried shifting into 4x4 to see if changes.

I’m suspecting a wheel bearing seal or maybe a CV shaft or driveshaft. Could always be a pebble stuck in the brakes too I supposed.

will report back once I pinpoint the source and figure it out. Just thought I’d share in case anyone else is experiencing.

<<<UPDATE: 4/30/22>>>

I finally had a chance to get the Bronco in the air today to investigate the noise. It appears to be coming from the rear joint on the front driveshaft.

Hi SuperFord, did you manage to solve the problem? I have a friend having the exact same problem and Ford hasnt been able to solve anything.

OP
OP
SuperFord

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hi SuperFord, did you manage to solve the problem? I have a friend having the exact same problem and Ford hasnt been able to solve anything.
I've got a new front driveshaft sitting in a box in my office waiting to be installed. Hoping maybe to find the time to do it this weekend.

I can’t imagine that it won’t solve the problem, but we’ll have to wait and see.

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

<<<Update 6/17/2022>>>

I finally took some time to install the front driveshaft last Saturday. Can confirm after several test drives that the sound IS GONE!!!
Big thanks for posting this and the videos. Mine just started the exact same thing. I was thinking it was the transfer case but I'm relieved to know it's probably just the driveshaft. I never would have suspected a driveshaft could make these noises.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
<<<Update 6/17/2022>>>

I finally took some time to install the front driveshaft last Saturday. Can confirm after several test drives that the sound IS GONE!!!
Chris, are you affiliated with Ford? Just wondering if you did this all on your own or if you got the part warrantied. My dealer can’t replicate it, probably because they don’t test drive it long enough and get it warmed up. It doesn’t do it cold. I can replicate it every time I drive it.

OP
OP
SuperFord

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Chris, are you affiliated with Ford? Just wondering if you did this all on your own or if you got the part warrantied. My dealer can’t replicate it, probably because they don’t test drive it long enough and get it warmed up. It doesn’t do it cold. I can replicate it every time I drive it.
i work in service for a local family owned Ford dealership. Ford paid the warranty claim no questions asked.

You may want to ask to go for a ride with a tech, advisor, or the service manager. If you can arrange this you can just drive the vehicle until the noise presents itself (in my case 20-30 mins) BEFORE you arrive at the dealer in order to make sure that the noise is heard during the test drive.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
i work in service for a local family owned Ford dealership. Ford paid the warranty claim no questions asked.

You may want to ask to go for a ride with a tech, advisor, or the service manager. If you can arrange this you can just drive the vehicle until the noise presents itself (in my case 20-30 mins) BEFORE you arrive at the dealer in order to make sure that the noise is heard during the test drive.
Thanks for the info. It's weird that it takes so long to start chirping/squealing enough that you can hear it while you're driving. Test drive really isn't even needed, after about 10 minutes you can hear the zip tie sound as I refer to if you jack up a front tire and spin the wheel. Just need to get them to put it up on the lift when I get there.
Sponsored