Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue, Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a question. I'm an old YJ Jeep guy and one of the biggest pains in the butt for me was as fall approached it became very difficult to get the soft top back on. The cooler weather made the top shrink up a bit. The rear window side panels were super difficult (And wavy). Any difficulties putting the soft top of the Bronco back on?
Sponsored

OP
OP
DREWR13

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a question. I'm an old YJ Jeep guy and one of the biggest pains in the butt for me was as fall approached it became very difficult to get the soft top back on. The cooler weather made the top shrink up a bit. The rear window side panels were super difficult (And wavy). Any difficulties putting the soft top of the Bronco back on?
Not in my opinion. I have taken it down in cold weather and had no issues putting it back up.

OP
OP
DREWR13

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be fair, this is what mine looked like when I first got it. After having it for just over a year and taking the top down a handful of times, it doesn't look like new in the slightest :ROFLMAO:
This is clearly an updated design. It look way different in person and compared to my 21 MY and a friends 22 MY looks much better. Still wavy windows but those don't bother me personally.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife loved her 2021 Bronco Big Bend with the soft top. However……

1. The side windows were really wavy.
  2. The inner layer of material started sagging bad. Per Ford warranty its a 6000.00 repair that is covered, but takes about 3 weeks to get parts and they replace the entire fabric but not the frame. It all has to be completely disassembled.
  3. The thing was loud…..and it DID NOT seal very well in numerous places.
Today she traded away her 2021 for an identical 2023 Big Bend with a soft top. There is literally no comparison to the tops. The 2023 is light years ahead in quality, noise control and fit and finish. The windows are still wavy but not nearly as wavy as her 2021 was. She is fine with it. I installed her steps and hitch and she is good to go.

Ford Bronco Updated Soft Top design improvements spotted on 2023MY Bronco 514D528E-425C-4ADD-9742-D88A58FF5AE0

Mushin

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems to me that all of these common issues such as “wavy windows”, and better access to the cargo area, whether soft or hard top, could’ve been negated with a glass rear window that retracts into the tailgate like my ‘95 Bronco did. I haven’t had the pleasure of attempting to access the cargo area with a trailer attached, but I’m not looking forward to it.
May not be a popular opinion, but that would be “my” ultimate fix for this. Lol
I guess someone needs to redesign the rear door with that approach... wonder if anyone would actually buy it.

Sponsored

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Softie =
Ford Bronco Updated Soft Top design improvements spotted on 2023MY Bronco 1674957230954

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two questions:

1. When it rains really hard, does a torrent of water fall on your head and completely soak you when you open the door to get in?

2. People keep saying "you lose space with the fastback." How much space have you actually lost not having that back square corner?

First time caller, long time listener. I'll hang up and listen.
1. There is some but not like the stock top. IAG makes a rain deflector if you don't want any rain on you. https://www.iagperformance.com/iag-...em-2021-ford-bronco-four-door---bright-black/

2. it is very minimal at the very top of the top. The rear window makes the cargo area much more accessible. The windows go in and out much easier and don't sag. It is much quieter on the highway as well. I run it in safari configuration most of the summer.
Ford Bronco Updated Soft Top design improvements spotted on 2023MY Bronco 20221010_135555_resized

Hope this helps!

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. There is some but not like the stock top. IAG makes a rain deflector if you don't want any rain on you. https://www.iagperformance.com/iag-...em-2021-ford-bronco-four-door---bright-black/

2. it is very minimal at the very top of the top. The rear window makes the cargo area much more accessible. The windows go in and out much easier and don't sag. It is much quieter on the highway as well. I run it in safari configuration most of the summer.
Ford Bronco Updated Soft Top design improvements spotted on 2023MY Bronco 20221010_135555_resized

Hope this helps!
please tell me those steps simply attach to the factory rock rails? Who makes them?

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

please tell me those steps simply attach to the factory rock rails? Who makes them?
Those are made by archetype racing -Magnums. American made from solid billet aluminum that simply attach to the stock rock rails. Super easy to install and/or remove. Absolutely love the quality and look.

Bacon is Life

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX+Sas, 992 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford should cut their loses on this soft top design, and partner with Bestop. I am the previous owner of several Wranglers (JLs and JKs)...all of those tops were made by Bestop. They were all very good... the JL tops were excellent. So good that I said we'd never get a hardtop again. Fast-forward to my Bronco order... no need for hard top... the soft top has to be as good as the Bestop, right? Boy was I wrong. The design, fit, finish is just awful by comparison. I keep hoping Bestop will step up and make a Supertop Ultra Squareback for the Bronco. If they do, I can confidently say the Bronco is just perfect.

Sponsored

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I drove around in a 21 and a 23. The 21 has more notable wind noise and the windows were much wavier. In person the 23 i saw the windows looks basically flat with zero wave to them. Maybe the wave gets worse overtime with opening and closing the rear cover? I do hate loading stuff in the back with the soft top. Stupid thing doesn't stay up. That said if I didnt need the hardtop I would be pretty happy with the soft top. Sure its not as quit but for summer time its super easy to open and close.

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just noticed this 23 Outerbanks with an updated Soft Top.

Biggest difference is the sides of the top portion are doubled up with a seam and some insulation on the sides. Makes the top look tighter and might actually cut down some noise. Haven't driven it yet.

Still more ripples than a potato chip, want to see a tight top, look at Jeep, want a hard top, buy a Jeep….. I did 😂
MY22 walk away Option 4 customer here

OP
OP
DREWR13

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still more ripples than a potato chip, want to see a tight top, look at Jeep, want a hard top, buy a Jeep….. I did 😂
MY22 walk away Option 4 customer here
cool story....

Ill be here enjoying my Bronco with a soft top 😂

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
cool story....

Ill be here enjoying my Bronco with a soft top 😂
if you ordered and wanted a soft top I’m sure you would as others, not those that are being forced into one. I’m enjoying my hard top and having my build as ordered in my driveway 8 weeks after ordering.

Lars31177

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lincoln MKC, 2019 Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have had my soft top for 9 months and absolutely love it. I added the IAG struts and it functions better and is easier to use than any top to me. The one thing that does bother me slightly is the lack of gutters above the doors. However, still better than any rear panel you have to un-Velcro to open. Not 1 leak in 9 mo.
Same for me. I wish there were better gutters, unrolling my windows in the rain gets tons of dribbles from teh top..
Sponsored