First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Same for me. I wish there were better gutters, unrolling my windows in the rain gets tons of dribbles from teh top..
they sell gutters for it. Works great too.
Sponsored

Lars31177

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lincoln MKC, 2019 Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Lars31177

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lincoln MKC, 2019 Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Still more ripples than a potato chip, want to see a tight top, look at Jeep, want a hard top, buy a Jeepā€¦.. I did šŸ˜‚
MY22 walk away Option 4 customer here
If you want good driving and smooth riding donā€™t buy a Jeep.

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you want good driving and smooth riding donā€™t buy a Jeep.
It was that or nothing to drive at all, well over a year later and told I couldnā€™t get what I want but rather pay more and be thankful. From what I hear and see, if your Bronco makes it off of Ford mountain fingers crossed your engine survives. My Rubicon is smooth and 13,000 miles later no issue with my engine, pass Ford dealers daily and donā€™t know whether to cry or laugh. Iā€™m set for 2 years, Iā€™ll check back in on Ford later, hoping thereā€™s other options by then or the next gen Jeep.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DREWR13

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

22k hard miles on my 2021 and zero issues that I didn't cause. No hate on the jeeps I just don't fit comfortably in the seats. Way too small on the inside to be comfortable.

As for the updated top, I checked out another one and its a much improved design IMO. To be fair the wavy windows never bothered me much because I LOVE the ability to open the rear up in 1 second and close it in 1 second. The Best Top is not that easy or quick, I have seen one in person.

White Sasquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm 6'5" and the Jeeps just aren't made for people my size to be comfortable in but I fit in my Bronco like a glove. The extra width and headroom are great and I love the look of it vs the Jeep (I loved my old CJ7 when I had it but needed something with more room for the family). I was worried about the soft top in winter but I drove it when it was 0 (felt like -10 with the windchill) the other day and it stayed nice and warm inside. Ultimately there are pros and cons to any top, so the soft top isn't for everyone but i'll say that the wavy windows was never on my list of pros/cons when I was looking.

BroncoWhaler

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BB sas
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yesterday I stealthily posted a couple of TSBs related to soft tops, one is for the separation of the canvas from the crossbars the other for snow/sand infiltration in high wind situations. If they're changing the tops, some of the changes in the TSBs might be incorporated. Will have to check this out when we get another in.
What can you do with the TSB's? Can you show them to the dealer? Or are they just to help you fix it yourself?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What can you do with the TSB's? Can you show them to the dealer? Or are they just to help you fix it yourself?
It basically means Ford has seen a bunch of similar issues and has developed a repair plan for the technician to follow. You don't need to do anything unless you've experienced the problem. It's not like a recall which has to be completed on all affected vehicles, it's more like specific repair directions that are not published in the workshop manual.

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was that or nothing to drive at all, well over a year later and told I couldnā€™t get what I want but rather pay more and be thankful. From what I hear and see, if your Bronco makes it off of Ford mountain fingers crossed your engine survives. My Rubicon is smooth and 13,000 miles later no issue with my engine, pass Ford dealers daily and donā€™t know whether to cry or laugh. Iā€™m set for 2 years, Iā€™ll check back in on Ford later, hoping thereā€™s other options by then or the next gen Jeep.
So, we can count on you leaving this board until 2 years from now. Great. Bye Felicia.

Sponsored

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My family and I have owned 5 broncos since 2021. 2 doors, 4 doors, hard tops, soft tops, manual transmissions, auto transmissions, 4 cyl and 6 cyl engines. NOT ONE ISSUE. Those results are the results of the vast majority of owners. So you bought a Jeep? Good for you...but guess what...they have issues at times also. lol....go collect little plastic ducks for your dash and be sure to get the "wave" perfected.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good luck. 9,900 miles and no issues with my 2.3 and 20mpg to boot . For the 2.7 there are 60 ish known failures out of about 136,000 2.7ā€™s on the road, based off known orders and order mix. Failure rate of .00047. Probably well ahead of many manufacturers, itā€™s just not posted for the world to see, and blown out of proportion. So if you have a 2.7 you have .0447% chance itā€™s going to fail. Darn good number. For 2.3ā€™s the number is less than that.

officerhorn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wounded I donā€™t why I do this haha but if ford figures out how to make the soft top sturdy and wind noise down will there be a recall? Lol
id like to know this answer as well, i too find it very windy and noisy almost to the point i dont like driving it with the soft top closed. it would be awesome if ford did a recall but my gut tells me thats not going to happen.

OP
OP
DREWR13

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

id like to know this answer as well, i too find it very windy and noisy almost to the point i dont like driving it with the soft top closed. it would be awesome if ford did a recall but my gut tells me thats not going to happen.
I highly doubt there will be a recall

Broncogirl66

Badlands
First Name
Gia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23" manual 2dr SAS, HPR 2" lift BDS suspenion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I heard the 2dr soft tops were upgraded also but mine is still in the box till spring. I will post when i install it:love::love::love::love:
Sponsored