Sponsored

UPDATED with Before/After Rustproofing: Startling video about why you should be worried about RUST!

OP
OP
SkyKing

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone have any experience with the ValuGard undercoating offered at Line-x dealers? My local dealer in Columbus, OH is quoting $575. Application is a day and a half process and they give a lifetime guarantee against rust. They describe it as a flexible asphalt-based product with a wax component.
Never heard of it. Not sure I love the name "valuguard" but that's just marketing. Reminds me of "Ameri-debt". Asphalt based. I think I'd want to see an example in person to makes sure it's not soo goopy/thick that it would be impossible for a mechanic (or me) to work on the car. Looks like there are plenty of good reviews on it. It seems to me that for a lot of the products, they all work - it's just a matter of how well it was applied.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Swatman

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never heard of it. Not sure I love the name "valuguard" but that's just marketing. Reminds me of "Ameri-debt". Asphalt based. I think I'd want to see an example in person to makes sure it's not soo goopy/thick that it would be impossible for a mechanic (or me) to work on the car.
Yeah. The name is a mess. Looks pretty good in videos--definitely not goopy. Simple spray-on process. As I understand it, it doesn't stay wet but also doesn't completely dry. It's also sold as a DIY product but I'm probably going to pass on that. The lifetime guarantee is appealing.

Swatman

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never heard of it. Not sure I love the name "valuguard" but that's just marketing. Reminds me of "Ameri-debt". Asphalt based. I think I'd want to see an example in person to makes sure it's not soo goopy/thick that it would be impossible for a mechanic (or me) to work on the car. Looks like there are plenty of good reviews on it. It seems to me that for a lot of the products, they all work - it's just a matter of how well it was applied.
Here's a video:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for giving me flashbacks to working at an airport loading cargo planes. No salt allowed so they dumped gargantuan amount of sand and when the taxiing planes turned just right they'd sandblast your face in -20 windchill. Good times.
So what's this gonna do to our Broncos?

OP
OP
SkyKing

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

TBH I didn't watch the whole video, but does he do any comparisons to similar vehicles of other manufacturers? Other Ford vehicles? These numbers are meaningless without comparison. How do they compare (numbers-to-numbers) with the Wrangler? The F-150?

Saying "oh no its 1 mil" sounds bad, because hey... 1 is like, the smallest (integer) number above 0, and 0 is bad because it's nothing, right? That is, until you hear that all F-150s are produced with that or less, and we have millions of examples of those holding up fine to a normal operating lifespan on average.

Cool info, but clearly a salesman on camera!
Answered your questions in the updated post: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...fing-before-after-with-pics-and-videos.33381/

Sponsored

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I promise it works. I’ve had multiple vehicles from multiple manufacturers including ford that have surpassed 150k miles with 0 rust issues (aside from surface) using this method.
Surface rust? Rust is rust and New Englanders definition of rust free is rather liberal, generally means cab corners, rockers and a crossmember has been replaced.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do bash plates need spray as well or just remove and get underbody ?

OP
OP
SkyKing

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do bash plates need spray as well or just remove and get underbody ?
Spray it unless:
- it gets hot
- it’s aluminum
-it’s a strut or joint
- you like the color

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks. I figured, but wanted to know since they will probably ask more $. Bash plates on top of underbody.
Sponsored