chtucker

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Bronco
First Edition
Updated with outcome in Part 2 video:

All the people who chime in that their price should have been negotiated at"ordering" time we get it... lost dealers are sucking at communications and have no clue. I didn't get a purchase order either and thankfully my dealer is honoring MSRP..

But this video sucks to watch for this couple.

Advertisement

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil

First Name
Phil
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Aspen
Bronco
Undecided
tell me again why people hate car dealers so much lordy lordy this is the kind of thing that Ford needs to address it definitely reflects on them also but hey maybe they dont care seems like this is the loophole the dealers figured out and they are using it

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Bronco
Big Bend
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

All the people who chime in that their price should have been negotiated at"ordering" time we get it... lost dealers are sucking at communications and have no clue. I didn't get a purchase order either and thankfully my dealer is honoring MSRP..

Wow. Man, I feel terrible for this couple! I know that Dealerships are struggling just from loss of volume, but screwing over someone who placed their trust in you with their order (when they had a lot of options) is really inexcusable.

…And that said, I think we are going to see more and more and more of this - from all car dealers; every brand. “Business is business”, as the guy in the video says. Survival of the fittest; or most profitable. If you sell less cars, you better make sure the ones you do sell you sell for more.

….I travelled 3 hours North to buy my Wrangler Islander on a dealers lot three weeks ago. I got it for MSRP, with free delivery to me three days later. The dealer had another Islander on the lot beside mine. That one they gave a 2” Mopar lift and they installed more aggressive MT tires on it. That would be worth about +$3500. After I made my purchase though, they raised it’s price over $15,000.

Folks, it ain’t gonna get better in 2022. I don’t know what you can do as a buyer waiting and hoping on a Dealers good will. I wouldn’t be comfortable, not having my ass covered. Really, if you want or need a vehicle - and you have a fixed price in mind…. Find one and buy it. Everything else is a gamble.

Frank N

Base
First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Bronco
Base
Clubs

!0k over MSRP? For the one I ordered from you?
Let me take it for another test drive.....just to make sure.

whoopsie! I'm not going to take it.

1631598296583.png

stratego

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3
Bronco
Badlands
My dealer pulled this and my advice is to not play the dealership game unless you desperately need a car NOW.

These will be all over the place in the next few years, there’s no way it’s worth getting hosed by a dealer and potentially being upside down on a loan in the future. I walked away and put down an order with Granger. Work with good dealerships and remember them in the future.

CValencia

Black Diamond
First Name
Carmen
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Bronco
Black Diamond

This is infuriating! I am fearful that my dealer will do this to me when my Bronco is finally here and as a young adult that has been saving for the last year just to try to afford a Bronco I may just have to walk from mine because that's such BS.

Business is business? Sorry but no. That doesn't excuse the BS these dealers are pulling. I'm so mad for your wife 🤬

Last edited:

Kel

First Edition
First Name
Kelechi
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Bronco
First Edition
Clubs

Heart breaking video. This is nuts!! Light em up!!! We band together

I get marking up a vehicle when owners who ordered them back out but marking up a vehicle a week before it gets delivered after owner waited 13 month for it to show up. That’s messed up. Tried to give the dealership you worked at for 18 years your bronco order and they turn back and slap you in the face With $10k markup.

If they are treating previous employees this way what chance do the rest of us have.
@Ford Motor Company you see what we are complaining about with these sh*%y dealerships.

Moon TWP Ford dealer should not exist as far as I am concerned.

Lucchese

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'90 4Runner, + bikes
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Heart breaking video. This is nuts!! Light em up!!! We band together

I get marking up a vehicle when owners who ordered them back out but marking up a vehicle a week before it gets delivered after owner waited 13 month for it to show up. That’s messed up. Tried to give the dealership you worked at for 18 years your bronco order and they turn back and slap you in the face With $10k markup.

If they are treating previous employees this way what chance do the rest of us have.
@Ford Motor Company you see what we are complaining about with these sh*%y dealerships.

Moon TWP Ford dealer should not exist as far as I am concerned.

Seems at least half these lousy dealers are in TX ??

Advertisement

4 Wheel Parts
Advertisement