Outer Banks
First Name
Carl
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Bronco
Outer Banks
Yeah, it is stealing bandwidth from all those other great threads on 22 Orders, B&P and I Ordered Last Week so when should I get my Bronco threads
At least those threads aren’t based on a bs video that has magically disappeared
Advertisement

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Bronco
Base
Clubs

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Bronco
Badlands
I'm just over here shaking my head that some folks are surprised that this is happening. It's happened before and will continue to happen. Is it really a surprise that most car dealerships are sleaze balls only out to make a buck?

Reactions: Axe

Bronco cat

Outer Banks
First Name
Carl
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Bronco
Outer Banks
I think the more surprising thing is people are outraged over something that didn’t happen obviously.

buzzcutt2

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Bronco
Wildtrak
I think the more surprising thing is people are outraged over something that didn’t happen obviously.
I'm surprised you are surprised. :unsure:

RedDawg

Base
First Name
Erik
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Bronco
Base
Clubs

I think it was Jones Ford. Not sure if that deal ever materialized or not?
Yes Jones Casa Grande Ford, invoice pricing., no ADM, they did ask for a $1K deposit. But they’re no longer offering the deal to new orders. I’ve been working with Christina and she’s great! Straight forward, and responsive.

zman1988

Wildtrak
First Name
Zack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Bronco
Wildtrak
Guess it depends whether you trust your sales rep . . .

Maybe express your concerns . . see what they say . .
See if they mention any of the options you've seen here . .
See what they say about "price guarantee signed by General Mgr" . .
Might give you a 'read' on their integrity/honesty with you . .
Agreed. If your dealer isnt willing to provide you with extra assurances (i.e. signed agreement on price), you might be able to identify the problem earlier than when you Bronco arrives at the dealership. I would rather know sooner so I can make changes (if possible).

UPnort

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Bronco
Black Diamond
Didn't they just say they lost about 50 of their allocation? That would mean the wait will be even longer.
I don't think they lost it. It just didn't get made on Fords part. I don't claim to know the system but that would leave me to believe that every single dealership did not receive the same percentage proportionaly. That would mean the wait at every dealer will be longer. Your argument is invalid as far as I'm concerned. If Ford can not fulfill all reservations in the 22 year for whatever reason like they failed in 21, Granger and others like them only helped their customers by receiving an even larger allocation for 22 for completing more than the average in 21. Good try.

dejones64

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend, Mitsubishi Lancer
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

I seriously considered Granger, but $1000 off invoice on a Base minus $1500 to ship from IA to Phoenix would actually end up higher than MSRP.

Earnhard has told me repeatedly no ADM and no mandatory dealer add-ons for customer orders. Their communication is terrible, but they don't seem sleazy.

Both SanTan and Rob Horne only said no ADM, but neither would commit on their BS mandatory add on crap. I swear the SanTan guys are so sleazy I need a shower every time I step foot on their lot.
Going with Granger is more than just saving money. It's the peace of mind, being able to sleep at night, not stressing all day, up-tick in blood pressure, wondering if your dealer's gonna screw you over. It looks like the nightmare stories have people worried. That's a lot of hand wringing and sweating between now and the day your Bronco arrives. Granted I'm only in MN, but I can rest easy knowing I'm with Granger. I can vouch for them as can others out here, their communication and are a class act. I recently purchased a Bronco Sport from them, below MSRP. No fuss no muss, happy as a clam. Can't wait for my Bronco to come in, very happy to make another trip to Granger.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru WRX Hatch
Bronco
Black Diamond
Yep, I picked up on that as well. If he's worked there that long, there is definitely history and he knew he should have a purchase order when ordering.

The way I look at it is this...

Everybody buying a Bronco has to agree to a price at some point. Why not agree to it BEFORE you order? It's not rocket science.
You assume NO price has been agreed to.

The reality is that prices aren't being adhered to.

If I placed and RSVP, and the dealer said "price is going to be MSRP, then they have agreed to a price. Whether verbal, email, text, carrier pigeon...a price was communicated and agreed.

What we have to rely on is a dealer keeping their word and actually abiding by the price they communicated. Almost none of us, no matter how careful you think you have been, have a binding agreement. Period. It can be unilaterally changed, either by you backing out or them adding fees.

BroncoFish

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3; Land Rover Defender on order
Bronco
Big Bend
The dealer lobby across the country constantly slams Tesla's business model as a breading ground for abuse of the customer, but what do we have here.....

Tesla has one of the best lead times right now (still not amazing but better than other manufacturers) and you won't get a markup on a new Tesla ordered directly from them.

Despite ownership of a Tesla, I promise I'm not a fan boy 😜. I just think the dealership model is antiquated.

2.3BigBend

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Bronco
Undecided
Didn't see the video as it's no longer available. I'd walk away from the deal and grab my belongings and walk away from the dealer all together. Jobs are a dime a dozen right now. I had a verbal agreement on my 21'. I will be sure to ask for it in writing on my 22' when I order. I seriously wouldn't pay $100 over MSRP. Don't need anything that bad.

dejones64

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend, Mitsubishi Lancer
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer lobby across the country constantly slams Tesla's business model as a breading ground for abuse of the customer, but what do we have here.....

Tesla has one of the best lead times right now (still not amazing but better than other manufacturers) and you won't get a markup on a new Tesla ordered directly from them.

Despite ownership of a Tesla, I promise I'm not a fan boy 😜. I just think the dealership model is antiquated.
Howdy. I think someone mentioned this before, if the dealership goes away, where do you get your warranty work done? Or where do you take your Tesla for warranty repairs, etc? Thanks.

Phil

First Name
Phil
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Aspen
Bronco
Undecided
Howdy. I think someone mentioned this before, if the dealership goes away, where do you get your warranty work done? Or where do you take your Tesla for warranty repairs, etc? Thanks.
ICE dealers make 60% of their revenue from service and maintenance that ain't going away no how no way so even if people buy direct from Ford dealers can or will still gladly work on your car only thing is Ford don't want to take on sales direct

Advertisement

4x4TruckLEDs.com
Advertisement