VictoryLights

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

I live 2 miles from that dealership, and went 25 miles away to Cochran for a reason. I tried to get others on the Pittsburgh Group to do the same for below MSRP. I think some followed.
I did! Thanks Shawn!

Fireman

Base
First Name
Vincent
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Bronco
Base
Clubs

Updated with outcome in Part 2 video:

All the people who chime in that their price should have been negotiated at"ordering" time we get it... lost dealers are sucking at communications and have no clue. I didn't get a purchase order either and thankfully my dealer is honoring MSRP..

But this video sucks to watch for this couple.

(n)

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Bronco
First Edition
Clubs

Guy has a 'relationship' with this dealer for 20 years, sold him 20 cars, and yet here we are. Shows everything you need to know about this dealership.
Unreal. Sorry, didn't make it through the whole scenario. Just saw Moon Ford and expected where it was headed.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Bronco
Badlands
Apparently this guy treasures his “relationship” with this Ford dealer much more than they treasure him. You’ve been with that dealer for 20 years- working there and buying cars thru them from your whole family- and they pull this crap?? No f’ing way. I’d ride that national attention as hard as it would go and tell them stick to our ordered price or pay a price on your reputation. He had a chance to hold not only this dealers feet to the fire, but every dealer that pulls this crap.

vrtical

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Folded like a tin can and took the 5k ADM up the azz plus a trade was involved soo dealer still pooched them. Cant fix stupid specially since they had gained some good media leverage.

Gamecock

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 FJ Cruiser
Bronco
Badlands
Guy has a 'relationship' with this dealer for 20 years, sold him 20 cars, and yet here we are. Shows everything you need to know about this dealership.
It's more about him...he said in speaking of the dealer who screwed him: "am I going to let this ruin my 20+ year relationship with them? Absolutely not"....he's speaking of the relationship in which they just bent him over and plowed him from behind on an ordered vehicle. What possibly could that relationship be worth, when 95% of the dealers out there are honoring the pricing they offered, verbal or not, on Bronco orders? Yes, the dealer is a scumbag for not honoring a supposed verbal agreement....but he let them do it, and is pledging to come back for more. That "20 year relationship" he thinks is so important is about as valuable as rolling in poison ivy...

Greenbrick

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Bronco
First Edition
Clubs

Crazy. I’m thankful for my dealer, Matt Barker at Two Rivers Ford in TN. They have stuck to invoice pricing on all their vehicles throughout the microchip shortage… the short term profit is temporary, their reputation is permanent.

Proverbs 22:1 – “A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches”

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

It's more about him...he said in speaking of the dealer who screwed him: "am I going to let this ruin my 20+ year relationship with them? Absolutely not"....he's speaking of the relationship in which they just bent him over and plowed him from behind on an ordered vehicle. What possibly could that relationship be worth, when 95% of the dealers out there are honoring the pricing they offered, verbal or not, on Bronco orders? Yes, the dealer is a scumbag for not honoring a supposed verbal agreement....but he let them do it, and is pledging to come back for more. That "20 year relationship" he thinks is so important is about as valuable as rolling in poison ivy...
Good points!

vrtical

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Crazy. I’m thankful for my dealer, Matt Barker at Two Rivers Ford in TN. They have stuck to invoice pricing on all their vehicles throughout the microchip shortage… the short term profit is temporary, their reputation is permanent.

Proverbs 22:1 – “A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches”
Hence why I moved my reservation / order there could have not made a better decision plus they are carrying over the same customer relationship for orders that are getting moved to MY22. They could of easily readjusted with market demand. I dumped a "dealer" relationship over MSRP because well returning customers should be a focus when your willing to spend six figures with said dealer.

MJJ

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 17 Nissan GTR, 20 Chevrolet ZR2, 20 Jeep Cherokee, 21 Badlands reserved
Bronco
Badlands
I think the buyer got what he really wanted….. the vehicle and viral sharing of his video that will promote his you tube channel.

Road & Track had this story featured on their website last night as the lead story.

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Bronco
Black Diamond
Clubs

And his ability to negotiate! It seems like too much effort for car he's likely going to keep for about a year

PaBronco

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2019 F-150 SuperCrew
Bronco
Undecided
Those are some great mind games the dealer played. Screwed this couple out of thousands of dollars and they are happy????

Advertisement

4x4TruckLEDs.com
Advertisement