Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder how it worked out for them? Hoping they got their Bronco at MSRP
Former employee, who post a video as leverage before he shows up at the dealership? Bwahahahaha! 😹
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There was no chance in hell I was going to go with an assigned local dealer, order my Bronco and not know exactly what I was going to pay upon delivery.
I tried that as a current customer when I put in my dealer for the reservation, when ordering came around, I asked to honor xplan price even though the program got nuked for the Bronco, it came out to about $800 under MSRP. Floor manager would not budge off MSRP even as a current customer. I told them to pound sand and moved my res. I went back later and told them I got invoice pricing and they couldn't reason with that logic and called that a stupid move.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I'm going to try to do that when I place my order. I'm hoping my dealer isn't as awful as the OPs. I'm in AZ so would like to avoid picking up out of state but if that's the only way to deal with a dealer that actually cares then I may do it. And yes, no VIN no build.
Carmen, meet Tricia from Tucson (@RBF 1401). Tricia, meet Carmen.

Tricia is driving 1,400 miles to pick up her 22MY Bronco from Granger Ford (@Zach@Granger) in Iowa. 😁

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree that what the dealership did is scummy, however we all can protect ourselves by simply having a signed agreement when ordering or prior to delivery. I mean, you gotta agree on a price at some point anyway and it may as well be before you place your order. Pretty simple really. Ford even stated so in an emall to all of the reservation holders.

In my case, I shopped around and went with a dealer 6 hours away from me because we came to an agreement (in writing) that I would purchase at invoice, with no dealer fees. There was no chance in hell I was going to go with an assigned local dealer, order my Bronco and not know exactly what I was going to pay upon delivery.
You don't think they could ditch the agreement and still charge ADM?

The "you should have a signed price agreement..." is great advice after the fact, I have one as well. I still have to trust that the dealership will honor this non-binding document.

An unscrupulous dealer doesn't care. Frankly, what are you going to do about it?

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Former employee, who post a video as leverage before he shows up at the dealership? Bwahahahaha! 😹
Actually weren't they shooting the video as they visited the dealer, I wonder what you were watching or smoking? BWAHAHAHAHA

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This should not be allowed to happen @Ford Motor Company what in the world type of dealers do you have representing your brand especially when all eyes are on you. This is ridiculous!!!
To those blaming Ford, Ford's hands are tied with this because of dealer franchise laws. They can be against ADMs, but ultimately aren't able to prevent dealers from applying them.

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To those blaming Ford, Ford's hands are tied with this because of dealer franchise laws. They can be against ADMs, but ultimately aren't able to prevent dealers from applying them.
Ford has all the ability in the world to stop this, it's called "allotment"! lol

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford has all the ability in the world to stop this, it's called "allotment"! lol
They can change that some, but not enough to deter dealers from doing it. The franchise laws are quite tilted in favor of dealers.

Sponsored

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Its a real easy decision you walk away and place a new order with a non sleezy dealership and maybe an agreement. You can also thank Ford for screwing the pooch removing X plan pricing, the one tool that benefits the customer and not the dealership. Ford sure is looking out for price protection with that policy change.
They waited 13 months only to get hosed, so walk away and order from another dealer and wait again?!?! It would be time to move on completely for me.

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is there any recourse we can take against these dealerships? Is there anyone at Ford we can report this too that will do anything to discourage dealers from doing this, or are we SOL and only options are to pay the ADM or leave without a car?

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
look like he pulled the video down so maybe the dealer is coming to his senses

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The video is.....................................gone.
Sponsored