BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m wondering if all the hard tops that people backed out of, that are sitting on dirt mountain, will slightly saturate the dealers soon, so the mark ups won’t be out of hand for at least a short time?
I have not heard of a bunch of people backing out of DM Broncos. Assuming there are 4-5k (somebody counted 2500 a few weeks ago) Broncos at DM, if every single person backed out it would only be about 1.5 Broncos per dealerships (3300 Ford dealership in US) and not exactly a market saturation. Ford has already announced that MY22 production will also be limited so you can expect these dealer shenanigan's well into MY23.
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
People need to stop paying these markups. Dealers have to sell cars to survive, if everyone stops paying they'll drop the adms. Unfortunately too many people have more money than sense and just dgaf if they are over spending or fucking up the market for the average person.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This should be the title of this thread.
Ha! I used to work for a Ford Dealer too - Delaquis Ford - as a Service Advisor. When my wife was pregnant with our third child I needed a new vehicle. I asked the GM if he could help me out on my budget. About a month later, after buying a bunch of used Ford’s at auction, he sold me an Aerostar. The Techs warned me about it, but Ron assured me that if anything went wrong, they would take care of me, “he wanted me to have it”. Two months in, the first transmission blew. Warranty? Hell no. He sure did “let me have it”.

It is easier for Dealers to screw employees and former employees. They are less likely to “fight back”. That’s what you witnessed with this guy here… and his “ah well, I get it, business is business”.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not to blame the videographer and his wife, but he did mention in the video there was a "rumor" at the dealership he used to work at, that he was going to flip this Bronco for profit. So the dealer took the stance that they were going to make the profit too. The guy said it in the video.

Not sure how that rumor started, but... if true and the guy talked about that with former co-workers, then who knows who is morally in the right in this situation. The guy is a capitalist who is streaming content on youtube making money from subscribers too.

Again, the whole picture has a ton going on. I don't think it's a wise move by dealerships to markup Broncos, but I don't care for people flipping them either. Another example of not having an agreement in writing before the vehicle arrived. That is the only constant in many of these stories we see. 1 simple task could have alleviated this whole situation well ahead of delivery.

Hope his wife gets her Bronco that she wants. I felt she was really genuine in the video and even admitted she shouldn't be getting upset about a "stupid vehicle", but she recently re-entered the workforce after raising babies. This scenario hits home for me, so I have a soft spot for her situation. She's earned a new ride and to treat herself.

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not to blame the videographer and his wife, but he did mention in the video there was a "rumor" at the dealership he used to work at, that he was going to flip this Bronco for profit. So the dealer took the stance that they were going to make the profit too. The guy said it in the video.

Not sure how that rumor started, but... if true and the guy talked about that with former co-workers, then who knows who is morally in the right in this situation. The guy is a capitalist who is streaming content on youtube making money from subscribers too.

Again, the whole picture has a ton going on. I don't think it's a wise move by dealerships to markup Broncos, but I don't care for people flipping them either. Another example of not having an agreement in writing before the vehicle arrived. That is the only constant in many of these stories we see. 1 simple task could have alleviated this whole situation well ahead of delivery.

Hope his wife gets her Bronco that she wants. I felt she was really genuine in the video and even admitted she shouldn't be getting upset about a "stupid vehicle", but she recently re-entered the workforce after raising babies. This scenario hits home for me, so I have a soft spot for her situation. She's earned a new ride and to treat herself.
Yea I was going to say the same thing. The guy even said "if this Bronco was for me, there's definitely a good chance I could flip it. But it's for my wife." Sounds like there's some history there of buying and flipping Ford's for profit. Makes you wonder why he thought he wouldn't need a purchase order in advance.

Sponsored

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My assigned is Earnhardt. So far interaction has been soso. Nothing to complain about but nothing spectacular either.
I was curious... I'm at San Tan Ford and it's been pretty good. Other than they told me they have a crazy number of reservations which is going to suck when allocations come in to play.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I talked with my dealer after I made my reservation and confirmed MSRP. Any new bronco orders are paying a hefty dealer markup. But, the buyers know ahead of time. So far my dealers been good to deal with.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stop it. You’re right, it should’ve been in writing but this is a company he worked at for nearly 20 years. It’s a big middle finger to a former employee with a job which often is extremely frustrating and difficult.
I agree that what the dealership did is scummy, however we all can protect ourselves by simply having a signed agreement when ordering or prior to delivery. I mean, you gotta agree on a price at some point anyway and it may as well be before you place your order. Pretty simple really. Ford even stated so in an emall to all of the reservation holders.

In my case, I shopped around and went with a dealer 6 hours away from me because we came to an agreement (in writing) that I would purchase at invoice, with no dealer fees. There was no chance in hell I was going to go with an assigned local dealer, order my Bronco and not know exactly what I was going to pay upon delivery.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is sick. And not the good kind of sick either...
What is the good kind of sick?

My assigned is Earnhardt. So far interaction has been soso. Nothing to complain about but nothing spectacular either.
I suggest you start a conversation with them and get a price locked in ASAP in writing. If they won't do that, order elsewhere and wait.
Patience + due diligence = Good Price

CValencia

Black Diamond
First Name
Carmen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was curious... I'm at San Tan Ford and it's been pretty good. Other than they told me they have a crazy number of reservations which is going to suck when allocations come in to play.
Ah okay good to know. I'm not sure how many reservations at Earnhardt. They had 2 demos a few weeks back so i got the chance to test drive. I think they sold one of them. My sales rep is pretty quiet. I don't hear much from her unless I send her 2-3 messages. 🤷

Sponsored

CValencia

Black Diamond
First Name
Carmen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What is the good kind of sick?

I suggest you start a conversation with them and get a price locked in ASAP in writing. If they won't do that, order elsewhere and wait.
Patience + due diligence = Good Price
Haha I'm assuming rhetorical question on the sick comment.

I'm part of the pushed out group so I'm waiting for the MY22 order banks to happen and you bet I'll be getting something signed or switching dealers.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did he say he worked at the dealership for 19 years?! Jesus that sucks, I hope Ford figures out how to Tesla itself out of dealerships sooner rather than later.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All the people who chime in that their price should have been negotiated at"ordering" time we get it... lost dealers are sucking at communications and have no clue. I didn't get a purchase order either and thankfully my dealer is honoring MSRP..

But this video sucks to watch for this couple.

Video has been taken down by the couple within 12 hours of this opening post. Shocker! 🤦‍♂️

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is infuriating! I am fearful that my dealer will do this to me when my Bronco is finally here and as a young adult that has been saving for the last year just to try to afford a Bronco I may just have to walk from mine because that's such BS.

Business is business? Sorry but no. That doesn't excuse the BS these dealers are pulling. I'm so mad for your wife 🤬
The appropriate retort would be, Business is business, and I will take mine elsewhere and I will tell many others of my experience here of getting F'd over. Good day.