Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As they pulled out of their million dollar gated community I just felt awful for her. Her pseudo tears at the dealership were my real tears while watching. This world is just sick and unfair.
Million dollar ? If the wealthy are getting screwed what chances do we peasants have 🥺
Sponsored

uniqueusername

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People need to resist the impulse and walk away from these shady deals and post negative reviews, tell family and friends not to buy from that particular dealer or whatever it takes to show them it’s crappy business practice to jack up prices like that. That goes for basically any industry that sells stuff. It just seems extremely prevalent in auto sales.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Enough with this pro-dealer bullshit: this isn't capitalism, this isn't "just business", it's breach of contract at best and fraud at worst (particularly if they planned on charging ADM the whole time and never informed the customer). The fact that is that these cars are not dealer stock, they're special orders by customers - the dealership made the sale the time of the ORDER. That there are hundreds of orders at any one dealer should not change the fact that these are ordered on behalf of a specific customer, whom was given a price at the time of the order, and may or may not have made that order at that dealer if they knew or thought the price would be materially higher than the price on the piece of paper that was given to them by that dealer. How is this so hard to grasp? If this were an F-150 or a Mustang, there's no doubt at all that the price on the invoice would be honored, and all these SUPER SMART CAR BUYERS on this forum would pitch a fit if their specially ordered truck or car showed up and the dealer held it hostage with a $10k ADM.

Everyone who converted a reservation into an order had to have received a piece of paper with the price written on it, probably with the words "this is not an invoice". Whether the dealer signed it or not does not make that price any more or less enforceable, so you're in exactly the same position as everyone else, and the fact that you think you're somehow protected because of that makes you more of a dupe than these others getting screwed. Stop carrying water for dealers by shaming people for taking the dealer at their word (and the documented price!) and expecting not to get fucked.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're not wrong, but for a lot of us we've never "ordered" a vehicle before. I've always bought one already sitting in the lot, I do a negotiation right then and there. For a lot of folks it doesn't even cross their mind that some jack hole is going to change the price at the time of sale.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

(i) I am a lawyer and yes, a verbal agreement can be a contract, and (ii) it's not a verbal agreement if they give you a piece of a paper with a price on it! The question isn't whether the dealer should abide by what they verbally promised, it's a question of if they have to abide by the price listed on the order form that we all received when the order was submitted by dealer. Whether that document is signed has no real impact on whether or not its enforceable, or whether it actually constitutes a "contract."

Regardless of the law, it's not the buyer's fault if a dealer tells them price is X to induce them to order a car and then tells them it's Y when it shows up.

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No -
The OP is not the guy in the Video - totally different -
OP is in WA . . . Video is from PA . . .

You have it confused . . I believe . .
correct.. I just saw the video on Youtube and shared it.

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I must be missing something here. Where is the signed agreement when they placed their order? Did they order a Bronco without a signed agreement/purchase order?
I wish people would stop posting this.....people thought that price protection meant MSRP on the high end. Dealers found a way to go around this and you can squarely blame Ford on this one. Dealerships are a relic....every company needs to sell direct to consumer like Tesla.

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same, thank God for good dealers like Granger and Stephens. It is absolutely worth what little hassle we will endure.
Yep I went through the same thing here locally but in my case buying from Granger means I am flying 1800 miles to drive back and break in a new motor (not willing to do that). Or paying a couple grand to have it delivered. Delivery eats up any cost saving but to support an honest dealer like Granger and not have to worry about at last min ADM... priceless.

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't the buyer mentioned that the dealership said "things have changed", that alone suggests a breach of contract doesn't it?
Sponsored