Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think it was Jones Ford. Not sure if that deal ever materialized or not?
Yes Jones Casa Grande Ford, invoice pricing., no ADM, they did ask for a $1K deposit. But they’re no longer offering the deal to new orders. I’ve been working with Christina and she’s great! Straight forward, and responsive.
Sponsored

zman1988

Wildtrak
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Guess it depends whether you trust your sales rep . . .

Maybe express your concerns . . see what they say . .
See if they mention any of the options you've seen here . .
See what they say about "price guarantee signed by General Mgr" . .
Might give you a 'read' on their integrity/honesty with you . .
Agreed. If your dealer isnt willing to provide you with extra assurances (i.e. signed agreement on price), you might be able to identify the problem earlier than when you Bronco arrives at the dealership. I would rather know sooner so I can make changes (if possible).

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Didn't they just say they lost about 50 of their allocation? That would mean the wait will be even longer.
I don't think they lost it. It just didn't get made on Fords part. I don't claim to know the system but that would leave me to believe that every single dealership did not receive the same percentage proportionaly. That would mean the wait at every dealer will be longer. Your argument is invalid as far as I'm concerned. If Ford can not fulfill all reservations in the 22 year for whatever reason like they failed in 21, Granger and others like them only helped their customers by receiving an even larger allocation for 22 for completing more than the average in 21. Good try.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I seriously considered Granger, but $1000 off invoice on a Base minus $1500 to ship from IA to Phoenix would actually end up higher than MSRP.

Earnhard has told me repeatedly no ADM and no mandatory dealer add-ons for customer orders. Their communication is terrible, but they don't seem sleazy.

Both SanTan and Rob Horne only said no ADM, but neither would commit on their BS mandatory add on crap. I swear the SanTan guys are so sleazy I need a shower every time I step foot on their lot.
Going with Granger is more than just saving money. It's the peace of mind, being able to sleep at night, not stressing all day, up-tick in blood pressure, wondering if your dealer's gonna screw you over. It looks like the nightmare stories have people worried. That's a lot of hand wringing and sweating between now and the day your Bronco arrives. Granted I'm only in MN, but I can rest easy knowing I'm with Granger. I can vouch for them as can others out here, their communication and are a class act. I recently purchased a Bronco Sport from them, below MSRP. No fuss no muss, happy as a clam. Can't wait for my Bronco to come in, very happy to make another trip to Granger.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep, I picked up on that as well. If he's worked there that long, there is definitely history and he knew he should have a purchase order when ordering.

The way I look at it is this...

Everybody buying a Bronco has to agree to a price at some point. Why not agree to it BEFORE you order? It's not rocket science.
You assume NO price has been agreed to.

The reality is that prices aren't being adhered to.

If I placed and RSVP, and the dealer said "price is going to be MSRP, then they have agreed to a price. Whether verbal, email, text, carrier pigeon...a price was communicated and agreed.

What we have to rely on is a dealer keeping their word and actually abiding by the price they communicated. Almost none of us, no matter how careful you think you have been, have a binding agreement. Period. It can be unilaterally changed, either by you backing out or them adding fees.

Sponsored

BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3; 2022 Land Rover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The dealer lobby across the country constantly slams Tesla's business model as a breading ground for abuse of the customer, but what do we have here.....

Tesla has one of the best lead times right now (still not amazing but better than other manufacturers) and you won't get a markup on a new Tesla ordered directly from them.

Despite ownership of a Tesla, I promise I'm not a fan boy 😜. I just think the dealership model is antiquated.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Didn't see the video as it's no longer available. I'd walk away from the deal and grab my belongings and walk away from the dealer all together. Jobs are a dime a dozen right now. I had a verbal agreement on my 21'. I will be sure to ask for it in writing on my 22' when I order. I seriously wouldn't pay $100 over MSRP. Don't need anything that bad.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The dealer lobby across the country constantly slams Tesla's business model as a breading ground for abuse of the customer, but what do we have here.....

Tesla has one of the best lead times right now (still not amazing but better than other manufacturers) and you won't get a markup on a new Tesla ordered directly from them.

Despite ownership of a Tesla, I promise I'm not a fan boy 😜. I just think the dealership model is antiquated.
Howdy. I think someone mentioned this before, if the dealership goes away, where do you get your warranty work done? Or where do you take your Tesla for warranty repairs, etc? Thanks.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Howdy. I think someone mentioned this before, if the dealership goes away, where do you get your warranty work done? Or where do you take your Tesla for warranty repairs, etc? Thanks.
ICE dealers make 60% of their revenue from service and maintenance that ain't going away no how no way so even if people buy direct from Ford dealers can or will still gladly work on your car only thing is Ford don't want to take on sales direct

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is exactly right.

Yes, verbal agreements *can* in some situations be binding and enforceable agreements. It's different in each state. There's this thing that most US states inherited from the old English "common law" (that is, law made by judges on a case by case basis) called the "statute of frauds" that says that some agreements must be in writing or they cannot be enforced in court. Typical examples include contracts for the sale of land.

So, yes, verbal agreements can be binding. But if you rely on a verbal agreement, you're taking a chance that your agreement is the type that courts will enforce if its only verbal. But more than that, you are going to have trouble, as you suggest, proving the contents of that agreement and that there was, in fact, an agreement at all. Courts typically want evidence that the parties agreed on all of the material points of the agreement before they will enforce it. If its just a conversation, or a one-way communication from a third party (like Ford Motor Company, which is a separate entity from your dealer), good luck with that. But beyond that, even if you can gather the evidence, are you going to pay an attorney tens of thousands of dollars to sue over some supposed agreement to buy a truck? Enforcing your legal rights is very expensive; enforcing something as amorphous as an oral agreement is low probability of success; you do the math.

Like everyone here is saying, if you don't have an executed written agreement, you are courting disaster. You might be tired of hearing it but that doesn't make it any less true. Whether the reason is that it's not enforceable legally, or the reason is that its impractical to actually enforce it, the result is the same for you. To quote the late great John Candy, "you lose, comrade."

Wisdom starts with humility and the willingness to learn. Or so people are always trying to tell me! :)

Sponsored

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Repair shops. Manufacturer service locations & showrooms. Same as now, just first party instead of third.

Tesla has like 150 shops across the nation right now, plus mobile repair vehicles. As their customer base grows, those numbers are only going up. I think they planned to add 50 more physical locations this year alone.

The dealer sales model is archaic. Right to repair ensures that auto mechanics should always be around though.

BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3; 2022 Land Rover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Someone already kind of addressed this but service centers will stay around, like Tesla has, you just wouldn't be buying a car directly from a dealer anymore. It's essentially keeping the service and parts department while stripping out the showroom.

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeah, it is stealing bandwidth from all those other great threads on 22 Orders, B&P and I Ordered Last Week so when should I get my Bronco threads

Always amazing to me how there is never a shortage of people who want to censor everyone else. Usually the threads that spark the most intense demands for censorship are the ones that are the most popular with the participants. Huh, imagine that.

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No, I think there’s some shenanigans going on and you know how you have to deal with shenanigans.
Dead on. The first assumption you need to make about youtube videos that are promoted to you is that they are there simply to generate as many clicks and views as possible. That's why every icon for a youtube video looks identical: something, unsaid, that is "amazing" or "unbelievable" or "ridiculous" or "must see!". (Also, its why every youtube vid these days is at least 10 minutes long - youtube won't promote shorter ones (because they can't place a sufficient number of ads in them), so now every video is 10 minutes long, even if the subject can be covered in 30 seconds).

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't they just say they lost about 50 of their allocation? That would mean the wait will be even longer.
I don't think it's clear what allocations are going to look like next year yet. But you are probably correctly thinking it could be a longer wait.
Sponsored