Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Folded like a tin can and took the 5k ADM up the azz plus a trade was involved soo dealer still pooched them. Cant fix stupid specially since they had gained some good media leverage.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guy has a 'relationship' with this dealer for 20 years, sold him 20 cars, and yet here we are. Shows everything you need to know about this dealership.
It's more about him...he said in speaking of the dealer who screwed him: "am I going to let this ruin my 20+ year relationship with them? Absolutely not"....he's speaking of the relationship in which they just bent him over and plowed him from behind on an ordered vehicle. What possibly could that relationship be worth, when 95% of the dealers out there are honoring the pricing they offered, verbal or not, on Bronco orders? Yes, the dealer is a scumbag for not honoring a supposed verbal agreement....but he let them do it, and is pledging to come back for more. That "20 year relationship" he thinks is so important is about as valuable as rolling in poison ivy...

Greenbrick

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Crazy. I’m thankful for my dealer, Matt Barker at Two Rivers Ford in TN. They have stuck to invoice pricing on all their vehicles throughout the microchip shortage… the short term profit is temporary, their reputation is permanent.

Proverbs 22:1 – “A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches”

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's more about him...he said in speaking of the dealer who screwed him: "am I going to let this ruin my 20+ year relationship with them? Absolutely not"....he's speaking of the relationship in which they just bent him over and plowed him from behind on an ordered vehicle. What possibly could that relationship be worth, when 95% of the dealers out there are honoring the pricing they offered, verbal or not, on Bronco orders? Yes, the dealer is a scumbag for not honoring a supposed verbal agreement....but he let them do it, and is pledging to come back for more. That "20 year relationship" he thinks is so important is about as valuable as rolling in poison ivy...
Good points!

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Crazy. I’m thankful for my dealer, Matt Barker at Two Rivers Ford in TN. They have stuck to invoice pricing on all their vehicles throughout the microchip shortage… the short term profit is temporary, their reputation is permanent.

Proverbs 22:1 – “A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches”
Hence why I moved my reservation / order there could have not made a better decision plus they are carrying over the same customer relationship for orders that are getting moved to MY22. They could of easily readjusted with market demand. I dumped a "dealer" relationship over MSRP because well returning customers should be a focus when your willing to spend six figures with said dealer.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the buyer got what he really wanted….. the vehicle and viral sharing of his video that will promote his you tube channel.

Road & Track had this story featured on their website last night as the lead story.

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Guy has a 'relationship' with this dealer for 20 years, sold him 20 cars, and yet here we are. Shows everything you need to know about this dealership.
And his ability to negotiate! It seems like too much effort for car he's likely going to keep for about a year

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Those are some great mind games the dealer played. Screwed this couple out of thousands of dollars and they are happy????

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's important people negotiate in writing ahead of time and get everything written down. We can save us from ourselves if we don't seek out others advice.

If they've had a relationship with the dealer for 20 years, they probably have paid higher than MSRP in the past for hard to get models so to them it's business as usual. As long as their happy

Sponsored
OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wtf, I feel like I got scammed- they rode the wave of social media into the toilet accepting an over MSRP deal.

thousands of us only got a DORA and a handshake for MSRP, yeah some of you geniuses got written purchase orders.... but a lot (most?) expected to be able to trust the dealers.

bullcrap like this video rewards sleaze

Swordofthemorning

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, it is cool they are happy but I do not see this as a happy ending. As someone else mentioned, 20 plus year relationship with the dealer and this is how they treat you! More power to them but I would not be happy paying over sticker. Perhaps he feels it is worth it for the exposure he got for his YouTube channel.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After watching part II, I get the feeling they were more than ok with paying the $4k over MSRP. I say that, because he kept talking about how far his youtube video reached and of course the national publication that picked up the story as well. In the end, I think they figure they'll make up the $4k with traffic/subscribers to their youtube channel from this whole ordeal.

In the world of capitalism, it appears the dealer made a little more money and the customer is happy with his "deal". I'm not of his same mindset, but I don't have a youtube channel I'm trying to drive traffic to either. So, do they both (dealer and customer) win out of this situation?

I think the answer to that question is yes. The customer being hurt by this, imo, is the normal reservation holder who just wants a Bronco and isn't trying to be an internet influencer/content provider. Because the normal customer at this dealership just realized the Bronco went up $10k at this location.
Sponsored