TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The guy is a sucker. He is the one who believes those dealer commercials where they say “you are family, and we treat you like family”. Little does he know that the treatment he received is like the uncle who stole from your Dad’s business for years while buying you a nice Christmas present each year.
Sponsored

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wtf, I feel like I got scammed- they rode the wave of social media into the toilet accepting an over MSRP deal.

thousands of us only got a DORA and a handshake for MSRP, yeah some of you geniuses got written purchase orders.... but a lot (most?) expected to be able to trust the dealers.

bullcrap like this video rewards sleaze
You didn't have to accept the 5k over MSRP. Lot's of dealers selling at MSRP and some under. Your employer must not think much of you or your work. And yeah you got what you wanted some exposure for your Youtube channel. I for one will not watch your channel.....

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would have walked away with my finger in the air and continued blasting them on social media

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just have to say, if we dont like 5-10K mark up's from car dealers on limited new model cars in high demand, don't buy a house right now haha.

If car dealers are scum...real estate agents are filth. Homes are being marked up 100-300K these days! The excuse is usually "limited availability". Sound familiar. Yet people are paying over asking in bidding wars nationwide for average homes. Oh and you need a Ton of money down to buy a home. Just wanted to put it in perspective. None of this is going to get any better, at least not for another few years. If we're lucky.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After watching part II, I get the feeling they were more than ok with paying the $4k over MSRP. I say that, because he kept talking about how far his youtube video reached and of course the national publication that picked up the story as well. In the end, I think they figure they'll make up the $4k with traffic/subscribers to their youtube channel from this whole ordeal.

In the world of capitalism, it appears the dealer made a little more money and the customer is happy with his "deal". I'm not of his same mindset, but I don't have a youtube channel I'm trying to drive traffic to either. So, do they both (dealer and customer) win out of this situation?

I think the answer to that question is yes. The customer being hurt by this, imo, is the normal reservation holder who just wants a Bronco and isn't trying to be an internet influencer/content provider. Because the normal customer at this dealership just realized the Bronco went up $10k at this location.
Yep the guy wants to be a "Youtube Wonder" and figures this will help

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just have to say, if we dont like 5-10K mark up's from car dealers on limited new model cars in high demand, don't buy a house right now haha.

If car dealers are scum...real estate agents are filth. Homes are being marked up 100-300K these days! The excuse is usually "limited availability". Sound familiar. Yet people are paying over asking in bidding wars nationwide for average homes. Oh and you need a Ton of money down to buy a home. Just wanted to put it in perspective. None of this is going to get any better, at least not for another few years. If we're lucky.
Good point, but houses are still a different deal for me. You won't find thousands of the same house in the same location with the same upgrades. This is still a mass produced vehicle, so you will soon see the exact same one that you own with someone else driving once they start getting shipped. Plus, I'm willing to pay more for a house (call me a sucker) if i have to since its my shelter. Bronco is just a fun purchase.

I agree on real estate agents though, i don't trust them either.

Cptkirk

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda fit, ordered badlands bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Updated with outcome in Part 2 video:

Honestly can’t believe the guy in this vid, he gets scammed by this dealer that he worked for almost two decades and he is singing their praises still. This is all around disgusting. I wonder if he’s interested in an offer i have for him, has to do with a nice bridge, price cut from a mil to half😎

Edit: thanks for letting me know how to reply properly🤙🏻

Last edited:
OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You didn't have to accept the 5k over MSRP. Lot's of dealers selling at MSRP and some under. Your employer must not think much of you or your work. And yeah you got what you wanted some exposure for your Youtube channel. I for one will not watch your channel.....
Dude it's not my Bronco/video/problem/scam I just posted a link to a video

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think this is more akin to a contractor building a house to your specification, then telling you that it'll be an extra 20% before they'll let you move in.

As I've stated on here many times, it should be noted that our ordering through these dealers with our reservations is ALREADY doing them a favor: without our doing so, they would not even be able to sell the car. These are not dealer lot cars, they're our special orders that the dealers get paid on without even having to make a sale. So it is extra insulting to have the dealer add on more of a markup than what was quoted in the invoice sent to the customer upon order.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Crazy. I’m thankful for my dealer, Matt Barker at Two Rivers Ford in TN. They have stuck to invoice pricing on all their vehicles throughout the microchip shortage… the short term profit is temporary, their reputation is permanent.

Proverbs 22:1 – “A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches”
That’s where I bought my truck. I should’ve sent my Bronco order there as well.

Sponsored

Broncoman23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The problem I see here is Ford pushing their new "order it your way" sales pitch. If I order it my way and it arrives and the dealer then adds an up charge; Ford will not be looking good here. The lid on the can of worms is just starting to open.

Jroub21

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor ‘17 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So you just buckled and paid their markup? 🤨.
I would have told them to fly a kite and walked away, no matter how bad I wanted the Bronco. Hope they gave complimentary lube.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is infuriating! I am fearful that my dealer will do this to me when my Bronco is finally here and as a young adult that has been saving for the last year just to try to afford a Bronco I may just have to walk from mine because that's such BS.

Business is business? Sorry but no. That doesn't excuse the BS these dealers are pulling. I'm so mad for your wife 🤬
Agree. I hate when people say it’s just business. No it’s not, it’s being stupid and short sighted.

zigtig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Wrangler, 2021 Telluride, 2014 Slim, 2019 Rzr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

this guy is way too calm and nice about this.
Sponsored