Broncodriver76

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 1994 Bronco, 2021 FE, 2020 f-350
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It’s one thing for a dealer to sell THEIR car for whatever they can, more power to them. But to essentially steal someone’s reservation from them, a vehicle that the dealer never would have gotten in the first place, is a Dick move.
Sponsored

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seems like a happy ending because they got the Bronco, but the dealership still ripped him off for $4K, after attempting to rip him off for $10K. I'd have a bitter taste in my mouth and I would never use that scumbag dealership again. The other people that have reservations with that dealership get ready to get bent over....

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
while, yes, it's f'd up what dealers are doing. And I 100% do not condone this on customer reservations/orders. Abandoned orders are another thing.

Now, with that said. I don't think it's as bad when you're trading in a car (depending on the tradein, of course). Actually, it's almost a wash. I'm sure that dude got WAY over the value of that trade in then what he would've got, say 1yr ago. So sure, he ended up paying $4k over MSRP, but I'm sure he got $4k if not more than what his trade *should* be worth. So again, a wash.

It's kinda like selling and buying a house right now. Sure I can sell my house for like $200k more than what it was worth a year ago, but anything I go buy is ALSO going to be $200k more than what it was a year ago. Buying a house right now sucks for those looking to buy for the first time.

So really the people this ADM really hurts are those (like myself) that don't have a trade in. That's the gut punch.

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So you just buckled and paid their markup? 🤨.
I would have told them to fly a kite and walked away, no matter how bad I wanted the Bronco. Hope they gave complimentary lube.
Its nice to see there happy, but yahoo had the article on this situation saying it right. Your paying extra money you will never get back. If my dealer tries pulling this scam on me, I'll file complaint with BBB against Ford and the dealer for price gouging. Then send email to corporate ford and complain. Complaining to the dealer is a waste of time. I've had to many car deals go bad over the years.

Sponsored

BroncoBilly62

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I heard some of this was going on with the dealers, so I emailed the sales manager at the dealership my order was assigned to and asked if this would be the case when my Bronco comes in. He EMAILED me back saying that would not happen and I would be paying MSRP. I am hoping that the email would be enough of an agreement that I would have recourse if they decide later to jack up the price.

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

while, yes, it's f'd up what dealers are doing. And I 100% do not condone this on customer reservations/orders. Abandoned orders are another thing.

Now, with that said. I don't think it's as bad when you're trading in a car (depending on the tradein, of course). Actually, it's almost a wash. I'm sure that dude got WAY over the value of that trade in then what he would've got, say 1yr ago. So sure, he ended up paying $4k over MSRP, but I'm sure he got $4k if not more than what his trade *should* be worth. So again, a wash.

It's kinda like selling and buying a house right now. Sure I can sell my house for like $200k more than what it was worth a year ago, but anything I go buy is ALSO going to be $200k more than what it was a year ago. Buying a house right now sucks for those looking to buy for the first time.

So really the people this ADM really hurts are those (like myself) that don't have a trade in. That's the gut punch.
So the Equity people have in their trade ins due to vehicle shortages can be stolen by dealerships and its ok, like the dealership is entitled to it?

If you buy a house for $500k and then go to sign Escrow paperwork a month later and they say its now $550K because prices have gone up, you'd just brush it off? that's essentially what happened here.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone just post a summary? I’m not trying to watch 30 minutes of video where something can be summed up in a paragraph

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

lol, paying $5k over MSRP is not a happy ending. Dealers do this shit cause people are weak and can't differentiate between wants vs needs. Dude said he didn't want to ruin a 21 year relationship with a dealer who tried to fuck him over?

Dumbass.

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Agreed. Thanks for the real estate comparison, I kinda said same thing. Frankly, everything has a premium price on it now from gas to food. If you can't afford the car or tired of dealer games, don't buy the car. That simple. But go look at private seller prices...even worse.

I had to order my 2012 Raptor out of state years ago bc my local dealer (same dealer I just bought my bronco from lmao) had a 10K mark up. I got the truck for MSRP. Special ordered. Awesome. But I had to fly to CO to get it and drive it 1000 miles back home. In the end I had to pay at least 2K out of pocket for plane tix, gas, food, lodging etc. Oh and I traded my other car in the deal which had to be shipped to CO. No fun. Bottom line, if you want the car bad enough, you will either pay for it or work for it.

Sponsored

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I walked away and put down an order with Granger. Work with good dealerships and remember them in the future.
Has Granger been doing signed order agreements? I have one currently for the $2k off invoice but that build has a modular roof. I’d love to get an agreed upon price (Ford said they’d be offering price protection which helps), but I just want to do a bit of covering my a**.
I just have to say, if we dont like 5-10K mark up's from car dealers on limited new model cars in high demand, don't buy a house right now haha.
Don’t have to remind me I’ll never be able to afford a home lol. Would love for this market to cool it’s jets but don’t see that happening any time soon.

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Has Granger been doing signed order agreements? I have one currently for the $2k off invoice but that build has a modular roof. I’d love to get an agreed upon price (Ford said they’d be offering price protection which helps), but I just want to do a bit of covering my a**.

Don’t have to remind me I’ll never be able to afford a home lol. Would love for this market to cool it’s jets but don’t see that happening any time soon.
Amen brother

stratego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No signed order agreement, but Grangers first email to me was within a few minutes of reserving and they explicitly said the order would be invoice -$1000. I’m sure when I put in an actual order for MY2022 they will formally extend the pricing.

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howdy. I think someone mentioned this before, if the dealership goes away, where do you get your warranty work done? Or where do you take your Tesla for warranty repairs, etc? Thanks.
That is a fair point. My mother was an early adopter and has a Tesla model X. She has had to make the 5 hr round trip drive to the nearest Tesla repair facility at least 5 times over the last few years. That is 2.5 hr each way for a woman in her 70’s. By comparison there is one Ford dealer 30 min drive from her house and another 60 min away.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would never be OK with "a wash" when the principle always comes back to how this dealer bent him over in the shadiest/most public way imaginable. They took their position of power/leverage, offered pocket change and piece of lent as a counter and the guy took it. This dealership should get bent, and his intention to "maintain their 20 year relationship" is bordering Stockholm Syndrome.
Sponsored

Last edited: