one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The irony here is it’s a soft top. There’s loads of people placing soft top orders within the past month and getting build dates a couple weeks later. Just place a new order from another dealer and wait a few more months.
Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If I had a long relationship (he even worked there for 19yrs) with a dealership and they treated me like this, I would've flipped! Plus, you make my wife cry like that.......man, I don't know if I could've held my cool. For real though, this guy is letting this dealership off the hook. I'm sure they still got some damage out of it but honestly, he could've parlayed this into a straight MSRP deal. Hell, tell the dealership to go stuff itself, find another dealership that would treat you right, and promote the hell out of them! Either way, I'm glad she got her Bronco.

trenttrizzy

Big Bend
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
"i'm not going to let this mess up my relationship with this dealership"

i'm sorry WHAT? you do realize that there are dealerships EVERYWHERE and unless they're giving you some sort of amazing preferential treatment (clearly not, they tried to work you for $10K and still made off with $4K PLUS a trade in after what sounds like days of time wasted) i truly don't understand the "value" of this relationship lol. it's an abusive relationship and you sound a lot like a battered wife. even if money were no object (i don't have the luxury of 3+ cars to rotate between for a trade), there's no way in hell i'd allow a dealer to do this.

i realize everyone is different, and i'm grateful for that, but i'm a principle first type of guy. i just can't get over the gratitude shown to a dealer that purposely ran you through the ringer and "agreed" to not screw you as much as originally intended. this is insane lol.

trenttrizzy

Big Bend
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can someone just post a summary? I’m not trying to watch 30 minutes of video where something can be summed up in a paragraph
a dude who ordered a Bronco for his wife was notified of a $10K markup once the vehicle was ready for pickup. He went back and forth with the dealership for multiple days before agreeing to "only" a $4K markup and a trade-in. He considers it a win and values the relationship with the dealer for some reason.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"i'm not going to let this mess up my relationship with this dealership"

i'm sorry WHAT? you do realize that there are dealerships EVERYWHERE and unless they're giving you some sort of amazing preferential treatment (clearly not, they tried to work you for $10K and still made off with $4K PLUS a trade in after what sounds like days of time wasted) i truly don't understand the "value" of this relationship lol. it's an abusive relationship and you sound a lot like a battered wife. even if money were no object (i don't have the luxury of 3+ cars to rotate between for a trade), there's no way in hell i'd allow a dealer to do this.

i realize everyone is different, and i'm grateful for that, but i'm a principle first type of guy. i just can't get over the gratitude shown to a dealer that purposely ran you through the ringer and "agreed" to not screw you as much as originally intended. this is insane lol.
EXACTLY. Whoopty doo they negotiated with me on their own imposed markup, how nice of them.

Sponsored

trenttrizzy

Big Bend
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
EXACTLY. Whoopty doo they negotiated with me on their own imposed markup, how nice of them.
i felt like a crazy person watching his nonchalant demeanor the entire video lol. my wife would've have cussed me out for that!

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

a dude who ordered a Bronco for his wife was notified of a $10K markup once the vehicle was ready for pickup. He went back and forth with the dealership for multiple days before agreeing to "only" a $4K markup and a trade-in. He considers it a win and values the relationship with the dealer for some reason.
The true hero that we all need. Thanks my man!

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's not a win - 4k - you think you are respecting a 20 year relationship with them ? They could care less about your relationship or your 20 years. They just got an extra 4k from you, and you are happy about it.

Taco_Sexual

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Only thing I can see him justifying this is that he'll use the Bronco to substantially build up his YouTube channel, which will cover the unforeseen markup.

Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After watching part II, I get the feeling they were more than ok with paying the $4k over MSRP. I say that, because he kept talking about how far his youtube video reached and of course the national publication that picked up the story as well. In the end, I think they figure they'll make up the $4k with traffic/subscribers to their youtube channel from this whole ordeal.
I hope that is not their plan, if so likely to be very disappointed. YT videos pay about$5 per 1000 views and so far those two videos have about 13,000 views (ie $65)

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if he was a salesman at that dealer and make his fair share in commission of over MSRP vehicles over the years. That's the only reasoning i can think of as to why he was so calm about it. He must have made money before doing it and understands supply and demand and capitalism and isn't mad about it.

Nonetheless it's impressive how calm and composed he remained, especially after seeing his wife upset like that.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Random question -- what color is that Bronco?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
lol, paying $5k over MSRP is not a happy ending. Dealers do this shit cause people are weak and can't differentiate between wants vs needs. Dude said he didn't want to ruin a 21 year relationship with a dealer who tried to fuck him over?

Dumbass.
Depends on whether you are the dealer or not... $5k is most certainly a happy ending.

And it's not all bad for the customer either, he is going to make back the lost money by starting an advice line on how to navigate abusive relationships. LOL.
Sponsored