First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered my Bronco so I obviously had enough time to pull an upgraded audio system from my F150 before trading it in. Now I’ve got $3,000 worth of car audio in my house that will fit my new Bronco. The problem is I’m unsure if it’s worth the additional money to install it. For those who have upgraded their audio, would you do it again or spend the money on other things?

For reference (Non B&O)…

Front
Focal PS 165 FXE Flax Evo Series 6-1/2" bi-amplified component speaker system

Rear
Focal PC 165 FE Flax Evo Series 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers

Focal Sub P 25 FSE Flax Series Shallow 10-inch Subwoofer

JL Audio VX700/5i 5 Ch. Class D System Amplifier with Integrated DSP

JL Audio RD500/1 Class-D Monoblock

I would need to buy pods, sub box, amplifier interface, wiring…
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered my Bronco so I obviously had enough time to pull an upgraded audio system from my F150 before trading it in. Now I’ve got $3,000 worth of car audio in my house that will fit my new Bronco. The problem is I’m unsure if it’s worth the additional money to install it. For those who have upgraded their audio, would you do it again or spend the money on other things?

For reference (Non B&O)…

Front

Rear

Well since yo7 have some parts already, I'd do it!

greatlakes

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Buick Special
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do it.

I could have spent the money on some accessory I may seldom use. But I did not want to listen to that crap stereo every single time.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wait. You own a base Bronco audio system and question if it needs an upgrade? Lol.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Imo do it. Stock is rubbish. I can't speak regarding B&O but sitting inside one and looking at the config reality is it is marginally better and has bass.

Note the speakers in both are trash and underpowered. Period. Add the wind noise and top off it feels like you are listening to music in an elevator wind tunnel.

Only thing is how much do you want to spend? Did mine for around 1k and sounds amazing. Went Polk db series, kicker key, pnp kit, and hs10. Your setup is amazing but be warned with top off and standard road noise personally there's a limit to good, or at least I think so.

Regarding installer, you don't need one. There are a ton of how-tos and wiring diagrams here. It took me a few hours to dynamat and swap all 6 speakers. A few more to add the key amp, PnP kit and sub. It won't hurt if you do, just more money.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The stock system is pretty much useless if you even have the windows open. Maybe you don’t have to install everything, but it’s definitely with upgrading.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In summers in the 80’s in high school I drove a John Deere tractor with air conditioning and a radio. They both sucked but I was blown away by the luxury of both and to this day the best music I’ve ever heard was listening to Guy Clark sing Home Grown Tomatoes in that tractor. I get that same type of feeling in my Bronco. Remember, there’s only two things that money can’t buy and that’s true love and home grown tomatoes.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For reference (Non B&O)…

Front

Rear

Best upgrade I made

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lol,another vote for bronco system sucks.

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am no audiophile but plan to do a mild upgrade to my basesquatch. A small plug in amp and replace the speakers with some higher quality ones. If I already had the hardware, it would be a no brainer.

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sas Mid Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Black Sheep Opinion here: The Standard Audio is fine for most people. If you are an Audiophile, you would know that MOST car audio systems, even on high-end luxury vehicles are not up to snuff for refined ears. Most people are not Audiophiles with refined ears and think that bass is the only important aspect of music. The Bronco is not an acoustically designed vehicle and no matter how much equipment you put in it, you will not get a high-end audio experience. Just an opinion. Do what makes you happy.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The B&O is a decent system, just installed in the wrong vehicle. The overall frequency response range is actually very good but not hard hitting. If this was an ultraquiet luxo barge vehicle it would sound nice. The problem is, as most have stated here, it's competing with a lot of other environmental noise and doesn't pack the low response to complete the mission. Some may also depend on what type of music you listen to. I listen to a wide range of music types and some can compete with the environment and some can not. The Bronco B&O really would benefit from more punch in the lows.

DunawY

Wildtrak
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Probably an unpopular opinion but I have the BO system and honestly I’m happy with it. There are other things I’d throw money at if I was looking to do so

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For reference (Non B&O)…

Front

Rear

How much could you sell that $3k worth of equipment for? If the loss on the equipment sale is the same or more than what it costs to install, it's a wash - so do it. If you can get all $3k back by selling, then sell and pocket the $$.

Just having the equipment lying around doesn't help!
Sponsored