Upgrade Badlands to 35" - parts and cost?

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can anyone help me define and estimate a cost for upgrading a non-squatch Badlands to 35" tires in the aftermarket?

I see that I'm probably looking at around $1200 for just the tires, but I'm not sure if it will require anything else.

Will the stock wheels work? Will a lift be required? Will the vehicle need to be programmed for the bigger tires?

Another question. Will anybody these mods void the warranty?

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The stock wheels can take 35s....the rest of those questions.....no one knows for sure yet.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The aftermarket will give better options for articulation than the squatch package if you can wait and want to pay the price. Probably starting around $1500 for parts and up.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A better tire than the 285/70R17 is typically a 285/75R17. At 33.8" it's .6" shorter than the "35" inch 315/70R17. Sure its not as wide and large looking as the 315 so it depends on the look people want. It might just be the sweet spot. What makes it "better"? The extra strength of the E rating for most brands.

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The stock wheels can take 35s....the rest of those questions.....no one knows for sure yet.
How do you know that? The Sasquatch package comes with wheels that stick out further. We might need that backspace to clear from rubbing.

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you know that? The Sasquatch package comes with wheels that stick out further. We might need that backspace to clear from rubbing.
Exactly my point. I know that you can put a 35 on that wheel, we dont know what else needs done to make it work

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll take an aired down E tire over a C tire any day. You start sticking your sidewalls out to encounter whatevers in the trail, you better have some good tires. Es for me.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
there is such a thing as wheel spacers

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly my point. I know that you can put a 35 on that wheel, we dont know what else needs done to make it work
I’m confused. You said a 35” tire will fit on the stock badlands wheels. The stock badlands wheels don’t have the extra backspacing that the headlock wheels have. You only get that from the Sasquatch package.

If that extra backspacing is needed then it would be incorrect to say that the tires would fit on the stock wheels.

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m confused. You said a 35” tire will fit on the stock badlands wheels. The stock badlands wheels don’t have the extra backspacing that the headlock wheels have. You only get that from the Sasquatch package.

If that extra backspacing is needed then it would be incorrect to say that the tires would fit on the stock wheels.
Nothing to be confused about lol. You can take the wheels off of a stock badlands, and put 35s on them. Whether or not they work, or what needs to be done to make them work, is still up in the air.

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing to be confused about lol. You can take the wheels off of a stock sasquatch, and put 35s on them. Whether or not they work, or what needs to be done to make them work, is still up in the air.
I see what you are saying. You said stock wheels. That wouldn’t be stock for this trim.

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see what you are saying. You said stock wheels. That wouldn’t be stock for this trim.
No, sorry I meant badlands, Not sasquatch. My point basically is yes. You can put a 35 on the stock badlands wheel. What else needs to be done to make it work, no one is for sure yet.