Upgrade Badlands to 35" - parts and cost?

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another couple considerations that come to mind is the gearing ratio at the transfer case. Are you opting for the manual so you can’t get the Sasquatch package? If so, the manual gearing will already be set where you need it so that area would be okay. If not, your final drive ratio will be compromised causing higher RPMs in highways and poorer crawl ratio than if opted for Sasquatch or manual (both 4.70:1).

Also, minus the larger fenders for the Sasquatch package, Ford has stated there will be some suspension limitations due to the larger tires probably to prevent rubbing so you’ll. Be missing those two things. And lastly, you’ll need to recalibrate your speedometer to offset the larger tire.

Lastly, I’m not certain on your last question but I have heard any deviation from stock can void the warranty because your introducing an anomaly to the vehicles design. I know this is true for tuners but can’t be certain for tires.

Just some initial thoughts.

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/...pdf/2021-Bronco-2dr-4dr-Prelim-Tech-Specs.pdf

Last edited:

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, sorry I meant badlands, Not sasquatch. My point basically is yes. You can put a 35 on the stock badlands wheel. What else needs to be done to make it work, no one is for sure yet.
So are you saying that it is physically possible to put a 35 tire on the wheel but you don’t know if that tire and wheel would then fit on the vehicle?

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get that. But that still wouldn’t mean the tires fit on the stock setup.
[/Q
I get that. But that still wouldn’t mean the tires fit on the stock setup.
The official word from Ford is than putting 35s on reduces articulation. Badlands trim is setup for MAX articulation on the Bronco platform. If you wish to sacrifice a small amount of articulation for more meat...you can do so...there is no free lunch here though

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So are you saying that it is physically possible to put a 35 tire on the wheel but you don’t know if that tire and wheel would then fit on the vehicle?
Yes, essentially, or what modifications would need to be made to make it fit.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's exactly what he is saying, and it happens more than you'd think. People buy aftermarket wheel and tire combos to find out the back spacing is wrong for their intended use. Wheel spacers are a fix, but the correct wheel is better.

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's exactly what he is saying, and it happens more than you'd think. People buy aftermarket wheel and tire combos to find out the back spacing is wrong for their intended use. Wheel spacers are a fix, but the correct wheel is better.
Yeah ok I get it now. I was confused because usually when someone says a tire will fit on a stock wheel that means without rubbing unless noted otherwise.

I think it’s safe to say that to properly put 35s on the Bronco you would need new tires and wheels with more backspacing since that’s what they did with the Sasquatch.

if Ford could have gotten away without having to use separate wheels they probably would have.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll take an aired down E tire over a C tire any day. You start sticking your sidewalls out to encounter whatevers in the trail, you better have some good tires. Es for me.
Exactly. The extra plies in the side wall provide more sidewall protection. If you need it softer then it just gets aired down more.

The E load rating tires are also generally stiffer than the same tire with a C load rating. So with a tall (by today's standards) sidewall with a 34 or 35 on a 17 inch rim they'll squirm less than a C on the street.

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More information directly for Ford’s Q&A session last week:

Q: Sasquatch package limit articulation and travel compared to Badlands package?

A: Correct, with 35" tires articulation is slightly limited vs. 33" tires.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/fords-answers-to-bronco-questions-submissions-q-a.3243/

Witg this in mind, it appears the lift is the same for Badlands and Sasquatch with only difference is the limited articulation.

But again, this is only speculation until more information comes out.

mxmerce

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford 150 Sport 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rendering that I've done to show the difference in looks between factory Badlands and a BadSquatch.

Badlands (Factory):
Ford Bronco Upgrade Badlands to 35" - parts and cost? bronco_badlands-

Badlands 35s(Sasquatch Package):
Ford Bronco Upgrade Badlands to 35" - parts and cost? bronco_badlands_35s-

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another couple considerations that come to mind is the gearing ratio at the transfer case. Are you opting for the manual so you can’t get the Sasquatch package? If so, the manual gearing will already be set where you need it so that area would be okay. If not, your final drive ratio will be compromised causing higher RPMs in highways and poorer crawl ratio than if opted for Sasquatch or manual (both 4.70:1).

Also, minus the larger fenders for the Sasquatch package, Ford has stated there will be some suspension limitations due to the larger tires probably to prevent rubbing so you’ll. Be missing those two things. And lastly, you’ll need to recalibrate your speedometer to offset the larger tire.

Lastly, I’m not certain on your last question but I have heard any deviation from stock can void the warranty because your introducing an anomaly to the vehicles design. I know this is true for tuners but can’t be certain for tires.

Just some initial thoughts.

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2021/bronco/pdf/2021-Bronco-2dr-4dr-Prelim-Tech-Specs.pdf
Just found a lot of these concerns explained on a YouTube video highlighted in another thread:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/big-tires-suck-and-heres-why.3498/

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are considering adding 35's to a non-Badlands you should consider the benefits of adding the Sas pkg. You get stronger larger font axle (Cast iron vs smaller aluminum housing) as well as deeper gears 4.7 to pull the tires easier.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can anyone help me define and estimate a cost for upgrading a non-squatch Badlands to 35" tires in the aftermarket?

I see that I'm probably looking at around $1200 for just the tires, but I'm not sure if it will require anything else.

Will the stock wheels work? Will a lift be required? Will the vehicle need to be programmed for the bigger tires?

Another question. Will anybody these mods void the warranty?
As someone who has done mods to my truck for 35's, 37's, 38's, 4-6" lifts, I'll tell you this from my anecdotal experience...there is always more to it. It isn't just slapping on new tires, you'll probably need new rims to make up the difference in width of the tire. If you go above 35's on a Ford you will not be able to calibrate the onboard computer for odometer/speedometer, not even with ForScan. So you'll need a monitor to know your real speed/mileage. If you go over certain offset and width, you're looking at shaving bumpers or requiring lifts (or both). Frankly after having 3 lifted trucks, I'd get as much from the factory as possible. Big tires require big power which you're either getting from the engine (tune) or the axles (gears) and all takes a toll on the front-suspension. Will tires alone impact a warranty? Probably not at all, but as soon as you modify the suspension you run a risk of annoying dealers you'll need to debate with.

There will absolutely be a plethora of aftermarket opportunity, but rims/tires aren't cheap. My last set (granted 22's with 38x13.5's) cost over $5000. And I still had to cut my bumpers even with a 6" lift. Lots of tedious work.

Figure a Bronco with 35's from the factory, toss on a 2" lift if you like and bump it to 37's would probably be the ultimate look for that vehicle. All that said, I'd get the factory setup as big as you can, it will 100% be cheaper than going aftermarket originally (unless of course you have your own shop and do your own work).

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As someone who has done mods to my truck for 35's, 37's, 38's, 4-6" lifts, I'll tell you this from my anecdotal experience...there is always more to it. It isn't just slapping on new tires, you'll probably need new rims to make up the difference in width of the tire. If you go above 35's on a Ford you will not be able to calibrate the onboard computer for odometer/speedometer, not even with ForScan. So you'll need a monitor to know your real speed/mileage. If you go over certain offset and width, you're looking at shaving bumpers or requiring lifts (or both). Frankly after having 3 lifted trucks, I'd get as much from the factory as possible. Big tires require big power which you're either getting from the engine (tune) or the axles (gears) and all takes a toll on the front-suspension.

There will absolutely be a plethora of aftermarket opportunity, but rims/tires aren't cheap. My last set (granted 22's with 38x13.5's) cost over $5000. And I still had to cut my bumpers even with a 6" lift. Lots of tedious work.

Figure a Bronco with 35's from the factory, toss on a 2" lift if you like and bump it to 37's would probably be the ultimate look for that vehicle. All that said, I'd get the factory setup as big as you can, it will 100% be cheaper than going aftermarket originally (unless of course you have your own shop and do your own work).
Great info. Answers a lot of my questions and helps me decide which way to go.

OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As someone who has done mods to my truck for 35's, 37's, 38's, 4-6" lifts, I'll tell you this from my anecdotal experience...there is always more to it. It isn't just slapping on new tires, you'll probably need new rims to make up the difference in width of the tire. If you go above 35's on a Ford you will not be able to calibrate the onboard computer for odometer/speedometer, not even with ForScan. So you'll need a monitor to know your real speed/mileage. If you go over certain offset and width, you're looking at shaving bumpers or requiring lifts (or both). Frankly after having 3 lifted trucks, I'd get as much from the factory as possible. Big tires require big power which you're either getting from the engine (tune) or the axles (gears) and all takes a toll on the front-suspension. Will tires alone impact a warranty? Probably not at all, but as soon as you modify the suspension you run a risk of annoying dealers you'll need to debate with.

Thanks a lot for this. This makes a lot of sense. Im not going to be voiding my warranty or cutting into fenders on my brand new $55k-$60k vehicle, so if I want 35s they're coming from Ford.

JustPlainJay

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As said before a 35 might fit the 33 rim but concerns about spacing. Below is a spec sheet. Note in the bottom right that the Squatch rims are 1/2 inch wider...obviously to fit the 315’s. I’m not sure if you can get some skinnier 35’s for the 33 rim. Another point is that the Squatch comes with wider fender flairs. Some cops have a thing for illegal poke.
Ford Bronco Upgrade Badlands to 35" - parts and cost? 1597211124197