LeBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have an Area 51 Black Diamond Sasquatch, 10,000 miles, mid package, MGV, Amsoil signature since day 1, Diode Dynamic ditch lights, incredible sound system with tri-amped Focal 3 way components up front, focal coaxial in the rear, JL Audio subwoofer, Audio Control full DSP amps, 1ga to distribution block, 4 ga to each amp, 14ga wiring to all speakers. and thats about it.

I am selling for a Raptor. My question is should i build this Wildtrack to maximize profit (really minimize loss) I was thinking Icon Stage 4 suspension, 37s, bumper, winch, and diode dynamics fogs and light bar. I can perform all work myself. Benefit of client with 28,000sq ft personal garage.

Is the consensus this adds value? is it desirable for someone to buy it the way they would want it without the trouble? I have many times purchased things with the intent of doing this and that but never have the free money or time.

what would you guys say this build would be worth?

Truck $50,000
spots were $200
audio was $5,000
lift would add $5,500
tires/wheels $3,500
bumper $2,000
winch $2,000
lights $2,500
Labor $????

10,000 miles -$??????
Sponsored

Last edited:

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The more mods, the more you lose. You never get full money back for mods.

OP
OP

LeBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i am seeing dealerships make a killing on these upgrades!!

OP
OP

LeBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
would anyone pay $70k for above truck?

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Normally mods are a loss during resale but this market is anything but normal. I would still sell as is just in case. The minimal gains of adding more stuff if possible doesnt offset the odds of losing more by adding more upgrades. If that makes sense

Sponsored

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You see dealerships use these things as an excuse to mask huge ADM. I canā€™t imagine somebody paying $5k for an upgraded stereo but to each their own. The rule of thumb is mods get you next to nothing

OP
OP

LeBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Normally mods are a loss during resale but this market is anything but normal. I would still sell as is just in case. The minimal gains of adding more stuff if possible doesnt offset the odds of losing more by adding more upgrades. If that makes sense
i defenitely see the logic. im just pissed i paid over!! i work hard for my money!! i would not be pissed at all if i were keeping it. But I have found a Raptor for $10,000-$15,000 over and just cant help myself!! LOL. The difference being, I will probably keep the Raptor forever.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'd bet you lose less overall by keeping as is and letting the dealer do it - as in work out a good trade in deal before raptor gets there and save on the taxes you'd be paying on a loaded up raptor

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The difference is these vehicles are new with said upgrades. The upgrades listed, with this mileage screams ā€œIā€™ve been wheeled and probably abusedā€. While it may draw someone in, reality will hit that It very well may have been beat on and therefore a risk. Generally a clean stock vehicle is going to maintain the most consistent value. I would not waste another dime on modding it up with the goal to be to make it worth more.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The best way to maximize return on mods is to go cheap. Most people see a lifted rig and donā€™t know the difference between a $300 rough country and $5500 properly lifted vehicle. I realize this is a different market, but Jeep dealers have made a killing selling puck lifted Jeeps with dime a dozen Smittybilt bumpers and wheels tires for huge profit. Nice wheels/bumpers/lift will only have a small number of buyers who recognize and care that it was a tasteful, quality build.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The difference is these vehicles are new with said upgrades. The upgrades listed, with this mileage screams ā€œIā€™ve been wheeled and probably abusedā€. While it may draw someone in, reality will hit that It very well may have been beat on and therefore a risk. Generally a clean stock vehicle is going to maintain the most consistent value. I would not waste another dime on modding it up with the goal to be to make it worth more.
When buying a used vehicle I personally avoid modified vehicles for that very reason. I look for a vehicle that is as close to stock as possible!

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because they can finance it.
Value the mods between 0-25% original cost, not including installation (0%)

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Investing another $10K into a used truck with the intention to net more profit is unlikely.

I have a Raptor on order for the boss, and a Lightning ordered for me, both at MSRP. If there is a Raptor on the lot for ADM, so be it, but ordering you should be able to find a place at MSRP.

People are paying 20k over, without any mods.
Where? Iā€™d happily sell mine for $20K over sticker. I listed my truck with 32 miles on it several places, the best offer I got was $10K over MSRP. At $10K over Iā€™m only making $5K, I was looking to net $10K. I pulled it after the last price increase, my build would be $3K more than I paid now.

Now that I decided to keep mine Iā€™m buying mods to make it my own.
Sponsored