John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any thoughts on upgrading the woofer in the back? Or any upgrades in audio in general? I have the B &O system, but was hoping for a little more punch.
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

depending on how often you plan on having your top down/back, spending money on improving audio could be a waste. You just can't get the same sound quality out of a jeep or bronco that you can out of a fixed roof vehicle, or even a much smaller convertible.

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Non B&O here. There are four very easily accessible / replaceable 4” mid-ranges (2 in front, 2 in back) I’ll be upgrading right away.

Going to wait for someone to come out with a more integrated sub. Still on the fence with the 6” kick-panels.

Gobraphil

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any thoughts on upgrading the woofer in the back? Or any upgrades in audio in general? I have the B &O system, but was hoping for a little more punch.
Can you post a pic of the B&O sub in your truck?

theserg

Big Bend
First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can anyone suggest a brand of 4" speakers that would be an immediate upgrade over stock? I would replace all 4 as well.

Sponsored

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can anyone suggest a brand of 4" speakers that would be an immediate upgrade over stock? I would replace all 4 as well.
Given that stereo sound quality is subjective... I'd look at JL Audio, Infinity (reference or kappa series), or Focal. all three make a good 4in and 6/6.5in.

theserg

Big Bend
First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

video of 30 dollar kenwood that according to them made a great difference.
www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/upgraded-audio.24499/#post-862428
these seemed to work. I for one am still waiting for more companies to come out with their stuff before I settle on speakers. I won't be lying 30$ for two. Seems a Lil cheap for me. If anything 70 and up for two sounds good. (No pun intended)

devhodge

Big Bend
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I put JBL Club 422s in the dash and rear pods on my Big Bend. On the dash speakers I later inserted the 600 Hz bass blockers (and then heat shrinked the wires after) after learning about that on B6g. They were amazing…no joke. I then later tried the 622s (and even bought the available factory harness and metra speakers for those) in the kick panel positions thinking they would make the system even better but wasn’t happy with the overall sound at all. DONT SWAP THE KICK PANEL SPEAKERS (that’s my advice at least). Switched the kick panels back and I’m so happy with the hybrid stock/JBL system. $235 all in and I love it! Note, I’m not one of these car audio heads that you see on here but I learned from fellow B6g-ers and if I can do this you can do it.

Here’s links to everything I bought for my affordable-way-better-than-stock-base stereo (even the connectors…had to cut off the factory harnesses on the dash and pod wires because when I did it they weren’t available-maybe they are by now):

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109CL422F/JBL-Club-422F.html
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_007BB600/Crutchfield-Bass-Blockers-600-Hz-cut-off.html
mxuteuk 30 Pcs Quick Splice 2.8/4.8/6.4mm Female Spade Quick Connectors Wire Crimp Terminal Block with Insulating Sleeve and 20cm Wire M-015 https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08C7DX...abc_XBPYKAAVN85T84KE7F8C?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 (for rears with no bass blockers)
150pcs Solder Seal Wire Connectors, ELECFUN Heat Shrink Solder Connectors Kit 26-10 AWG Insulated and Waterproof Wire Terminals Marine Automotive Connector Kit https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08DHRT...abc_R8HNW139SF9SB2WKE2K9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

JGee

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I put JBL Club 422s in the dash and rear pods on my Big Bend. On the dash speakers I later inserted the 600 Hz bass blockers (and then heat shrinked the wires after) after learning about that on B6g. They were amazing…no joke. I then later tried the 622s (and even bought the available factory harness and metra speakers for those) in the kick panel positions thinking they would make the system even better but wasn’t happy with the overall sound at all. DONT SWAP THE KICK PANEL SPEAKERS (that’s my advice at least). Switched the kick panels back and I’m so happy with the hybrid stock/JBL system. $235 all in and I love it! Note, I’m not one of these car audio heads that you see on here but I learned from fellow B6g-ers and if I can do this you can do it.

Here’s links to everything I bought for my affordable-way-better-than-stock-base stereo (even the connectors…had to cut off the factory harnesses on the dash and pod wires because when I did it they weren’t available-maybe they are by now):

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109CL422F/JBL-Club-422F.html
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_007BB600/Crutchfield-Bass-Blockers-600-Hz-cut-off.html
mxuteuk 30 Pcs Quick Splice 2.8/4.8/6.4mm Female Spade Quick Connectors Wire Crimp Terminal Block with Insulating Sleeve and 20cm Wire M-015 https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08C7DX...abc_XBPYKAAVN85T84KE7F8C?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 (for rears with no bass blockers)
150pcs Solder Seal Wire Connectors, ELECFUN Heat Shrink Solder Connectors Kit 26-10 AWG Insulated and Waterproof Wire Terminals Marine Automotive Connector Kit https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08DHRT...abc_R8HNW139SF9SB2WKE2K9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I agree on keeping the factory kick panel speakers. They are fine plus they have waterproof cones which is an advantage durability wise. I swapped out the 4 inch speakers, Infinity Reference in the dash with 600 hz bass blockers and Pioneer TSG 400s in the rear pods. No bass blockers needed there since the head unit DSP EQ has already filtered out the low frequencies. Finally, installed a Kicker HS8 powered subwoofer in the rear cargo area. System is dramatically improved now... wish I could get access to the Ford EQ tool to make further improvements.

DFNMAN

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got a set of CDT 3 way components for the front, a set of 6.5” Infinity coaxles with UTV speaker pods to replace the backs, a 10” JL W0 that I had laying around, and an Infinity 5 Ch amp. I will swap out the sub when I actually have the Bronco and know what will fit. I will also have to figure out how to mount the rear speaker pods. Has any done this yet?
Ford Bronco Upgraded Audio? 53ABD84F-6816-49CB-A511-10D6C4DBDFF3
Sponsored