Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Bronco, 2014 F140 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if upgrades like a lift, intercooler, air intake, exhaust,... will void the factory warranty?
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't count on any warranty being honored if the item was modified away from how it was designed and shipped from the factory... but the opposite is true.

Add a lift, don't expect them to honor warranty work on suspension components... but adding a lift wouldn't void an infotainment warranty claim.

This is one of the benefits of buying these items from the manufacturer/dealer... but then you're at the mercy of whatever they decide to offer, and it can be overpriced.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if upgrades like a lift, intercooler, air intake, exhaust,... will void the factory warranty?
Nothing will ever void your entire warranty. If you modify suspension parts (as an example) and there is a failure in a related system, you may run into an issue where the parts and repair are no longer covered under warranty. So adding an aftermarket suspension is going to 'void' your warranty for the suspension and likely steering if the problem is traced back to the suspension modifications. Warranty will cover any factory parts not directly linked to the upgrades and you will be required to pay for the rest.

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nothing will ever void your entire warranty.
thatā€™s not entirely true. I have personally seen warranty get voided,at a previous dealership I worked at we had a mustang come in for a problem and ford ended up sending an engineer out to look at the car. after a few mins looking over the car he stopped what he was doing and packed up his stuff and saidā€ I can overlook a lot of things but I can not over look the aftermarket line locks installed on the carā€.He said ā€œthe line locks being there made it a race carā€ and then he proceeded to void all remaining factory warranties and the customers esp warranty. Customer was so pissed off he sold every Ford his family owned.

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thatā€™s not entirely true. I have personally seen warranty get voided,at a previous dealership I worked at we had a mustang come in for a problem and ford ended up sending an engineer out to look at the car. after a few mins looking over the car he stopped what he was doing and packed up his stuff and saidā€ I can overlook a lot of things but I can not over look the aftermarket line locks installed on the carā€.He said ā€œthe line locks being there made it a race carā€ and then he proceeded to void all remaining factory warranties and the customers esp warranty. Customer was so pissed off he sold every Ford his family owned.
ā€˜kinda funny because now they come with ā€œfactory line locksā€ on V8 Mustangs

Last edited:
Reactions: GMC

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Normally itā€™s only if they can prove that was the cause of the problem but mostly it all depends on the dealership you go to some are more mod friendly than others.

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
ā€˜kinda funny because now they come with ā€œfactory line locksā€ on V8 Mustangs
It was before ford included them. It was back in 2012. It probably didnā€™t help that customer was an asshole to everyone at the dealership and the ford rep.

Gtbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Ford Ranger, 2007 Honda Shadow
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At one of the bronco events in Chicago one of the parts reps told me if it's installed by Ford, it won't. That's what I was told at least

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I fully believe you that they said that. The fact that an engineer said it likely meant that the dude was boned without legal advice. The manufacturer is the only agency with the ability to declare a vehicle ex communicato. Thanks for the correction. Always forget that.

Through marriage, I have a family member who is a senior engineer with VW Group and this is a constant topic of discussion. He more focuses on testing the upcoming platforms for the luxury brands so its not as much of an issue.

Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well put. People need to realize that this is not an early Bronco where the different systems did not interface with one another. This is a computer on wheels and everything is integrated. Go ahead and have at it. The guy on here that ripped out his IFS and welded in a solid axle. Do you think Ford will honor any problem at all on this truck? And on a first year model that is bound to have teething problems? Think people and be certain before you start modifying your brand new trucks.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nothing will ever void your entire warranty. If you modify suspension parts (as an example) and there is a failure in a related system, you may run into an issue where the parts and repair are no longer covered under warranty. So adding an aftermarket suspension is going to 'void' your warranty for the suspension and likely steering if the problem is traced back to the suspension modifications. Warranty will cover any factory parts not directly linked to the upgrades and you will be required to pay for the rest.
Pretty sure this'll do it:

052cb1a6-02aa-4602-84fe-66beb679a536-jpeg.jpg

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At one of the bronco events in Chicago one of the parts reps told me if it's installed by Ford, it won't. That's what I was told at least
That has always been true.

Wait until Ford adds a Borla or equivalent exhaust and you won't void the warranty. Add one yourself and anything engine related you are up Schitt's Creek.

Tune the ecm and coincidentally the engine throws a rod? You pay it all