Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 350 Tremor, 2002 Excursion 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Harness doesn't appear to be there on my base model, so unless it's hidden further down Ford didn't pull a Chevy and just have 1 harness for everything; so no plug-and-play for the cameras lol. Still waiting on the module to complete the upgrade.
As far as costs, well if you order a Bronco you can add parts to the sale which I did; I just didn't think I'd need a totally different module. My parts alone on my bill of sale was $14k... But we traded in a 6.7L F350 so my loan was only $8k...for parts lol.
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Harness doesn't appear to be there on my base model, so unless it's hidden further down Ford didn't pull a Chevy and just have 1 harness for everything; so no plug-and-play for the cameras lol. Still waiting on the module to complete the upgrade.
As far as costs, well if you order a Bronco you can add parts to the sale which I did; I just didn't think I'd need a totally different module. My parts alone on my bill of sale was $14k... But we traded in a 6.7L F350 so my loan was only $8k...for parts lol.
14k to upgrade from 8" to 12" ?

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Light bar, rigid deer shiners, seat covers, rear safe/vault, rear storage assembly, soft top, step sides, decals, DV8 bumper plus the DV8 winch and light bar, 12" dash, 12" screen, locking lug nut kit, probably forgetting tons of small stuff too... sooo, kinda?

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Schwaggle Any updates on your 8" to 12" screen swap?
The module is on backorder, with no available date yet per Ford. However, there may be a workaround; there are only two, a red and black wire additional to the 12" screen, but I have not yet gone through Ford installer support (or whatever they changed the site name to) to see if the screen is simply powered via those two. When I plugged it into my 8" module, the audio played as though everything was working, but no screen illumination. Kinda want to finish this job, and see if the 8" screen and module will work in my 02 Excursion lol

Sponsored

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Okay, new update; module is indeed available after going to a different dealership. Part number: 1MU5Z14G371AS, cost: $551.61, plus a core (which I obviously won't have so I'll have to eat the cost), core of $500.

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is the one upgrade I wish I could get. I want it over anything else. Hopefully it becomes easier in the future and I find a shop to do it for me.

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is the one upgrade I wish I could get. I want it over anything else. Hopefully it becomes easier in the future and I find a shop to do it for me.
Sadly, it really is cheaper technically to get the "Lux" package; but for me and my basesquatch, it IS cheaper than not only having ordered one that like most people have yet to see, but get other things I don't want. Really, the base should have had the washout interior- no carpet and stuff. Such is life. I enjoy modding everything I own, from my computer, to "the wife's" '38 Chevy, my '71 El Camino or Excursion, either of my toolboxes, etc. so the basesquatch was a perfect blank canvas.

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here is the wiring schematic, showing that YES, a module is also required... BTW if anyone needs ANY info i am more than happy to send you whatever FORD service info you need. Either you can trust me with your VIN for specific info, or I'll just have to give you bulk info. NOT HER, but by PM please.

Attachments

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I updated another version of this forum, and to update here: one vendor ordered per my actual VIN, and the 8" module is what came in... But, the part number has changed and has been superceded. I bought it and MIGHT return the other module as a core if I find the new one is any better in any aspect, like the Android Auto where answering a call results in the head unit not working, so the only audio options are speakerphone, smart watch, or handset as an example of a known issue. It may have superceded with different chips maybe? I dunno... I just order parts and slap 'em in.
I have the module ordered against a random Bronco VIN for sale with a 12" screen which is what anyone doing this will HAVE to do. AGAIN: DO NOT USE YOUR OWN VIN WHEN ORDERING THE REPLACEMENT MODULE!!!!! You'll just get the 8" module.
I will be working on my neighbor's 6.0L Excursion this weekend so no work on the Bronco, unless we can get the HPOP, EGR cooler, and oil cooler installed in a timely manner and drive it out of my shop. Diesel mechanics push them in and drive them out; auto mechanics drive them in and push them out :)

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs