SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Both the 8 and 12 are running sync 4 so that may make the larger screen plug and play.
True, but it probably would require a setting change for the new screen. If it is an easy swap that would be sweet but I wouldn't count on it.

Make the assumption you can't to be sure you are fine with the 8inch. If it is an easy swap then it's an added bonus.
Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s filler around the 8 screen. It’s easy to go to the 12 soon as aftermarket is ready. But you will lose sync.
A lot of the climate and other things are built into the unit. So I wouldn't go aftermarket.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sync is a ford system, if there is an aftermarket unit there can fit it will have a different features set (maybe more features, maybe less, probably less integration with the car itself...).
Then you’ll need to hope for a trim to adjust to the unit assuming the dash doesn’t have to be cut...
These type of systems are usually difficult to upgrade, since few aftermarket vendors make something that will physically fit or integrate into the Ford system cleanly. You don't just have a radio and navigation. They control heat and A/C, cameras, apps, etc.

<BlckDiamond>

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
. . . . . . . . . IG #MrSterX5 and #Mk5Cady
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is the 1st thing I’m going to do with my Black Diamond but with OEM. As soon as the 12” H/U & 12” Dash trim are available to purchase from the Ford Parts department i won’t hesitate and will attempt the install.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the 1st thing I’m going to do with my Black Diamond but with OEM. As soon as the 12” H/U & 12” Dash trim are available to purchase from the Ford Parts department i won’t hesitate and will attempt the install.
Interesting...I feel like a Black diamond with Sasquatch and the large screen is what I really want. So many things to think about...

Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Total newby question, but if I end up getting a package with the 8 inch screen, how easy/difficult is it to upgrade to a 12 inch screen later? If it is 3rd party, would it have all the same sync features?
IMG_2345.JPG

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wish ford would offer the 12 inch without the add on of high package to keep the pricing low for the rest of the non high package models.

IMG_2346.jpg

BT!

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone else on this I plan on doing. I can not imagine it will be more than 2K with my parts discount. For the folks above, the next model to have it requires a bunch of other crap including a AT and is 40K. 2K for a stereo upgrade is nothing. The person who says 10 to 15K is clueless.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Personally I find the 8" screen in my wife's truck to be gigantic, distracting, and annoying, even on the darkest settings.

For those of you with a 12", how obnoxious is it while driving at night?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those of you with a 12", how obnoxious is it while driving at night?
doesn't bother me at all, gets pretty dark on the night setting. Light sensitivity is different for everyone, but I'm perfectly happy with mine and would not want a smaller screen. I love the big screen and don't really notice it at night, certainly not blinding or distracting to me at all. Blends in with the other illuminated controls just fine.

Sponsored

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bring this topic back up anyone done the swap yet. I'd be interested in testing with someone. I'm sure the port or ports on the rear of the screen are the same. I don't remember if forscan has a aspect ratio change or not.

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 350 Tremor, 2002 Excursion 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm doing the 8" to 12" swap, and the requirements are:

New trim bezel all across the right side
12" screen
Cable to the screen
Module
Yes, Forscan is needed for the aspect ratio.

I am still waiting on the module; should be in by Tuesday (finally, if my parts people ordered the part number I sent) and I can close out my thread on it. Just getting to the screen is about 3-4 hours if you are very careful not to break clips like your speaker covers. Gotta give it to Ford though; this is by far the most reinforced dash assembly I've ever worked on.

But, that's Ford parts, not aftermarket like you're looking for.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm doing the 8" to 12" swap, and the requirements are:

New trim bezel all across the right side
12" screen
Cable to the screen
Module
Yes, Forscan is needed for the aspect ratio.

I am still waiting on the module; should be in by Tuesday (finally, if my parts people ordered the part number I sent) and I can close out my thread on it. Just getting to the screen is about 3-4 hours if you are very careful not to break clips like your speaker covers. Gotta give it to Ford though; this is by far the most reinforced dash assembly I've ever worked on.

But, that's Ford parts, not aftermarket like you're looking for.
I'd love to do this, but I think what you've paid in parts it's worth me just ordering a new bronco with the high(actually lux if I'm ordering a new one) already installed. :)
Are you looking at the cameras too for this, or just the screen?
Sponsored