First Name
Grayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if there will be aftermarket fuel tanks for Broncos available in the near future and also if they can even fit? If not, I'm sure I'd live but the 16 gallon capacity on the 2 door is pretty low given that the mpg is only 17 if you opt for sas package or lower if you lift.
Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMPO. There will likely be a few options, timing is the unknown.

Expectations:
- aftermarket rear bumper w/ tire swing gate + single or dual Jerry can cage.
- rotopax offerings (Iā€™ll skip those based on experience)
- Full on long range tank swap??? Who knows.

Iā€™ll be in the market for a aftermarket rear bumper with a swing gate + jerry can(s). Mostly because thatā€™s familiar territory.

The x-factor is that these offerings will take time because....nobody has a Bronco to develop these products around. So anything that Iā€™d be interested in will not be available quite some time.

OP
OP
gjennings12

gjennings12

Badlands
First Name
Grayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also the AEV or titan tanks are very likely candidates for Bronco
I saw that Titan tanks are often stored in the bed of pickups. I would not want to sacrifice any of the limited cargo area I have. If something could fit under the truck I would 100% buy.

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw that Titan tanks are often stored in the bed of pickups. I would not want to sacrifice any of the limited cargo area I have. If something could fit under the truck I would 100% buy.
Hmmm, I version Iā€™m referring to in this context is the competitor to AEVā€™s ā€œfuel caddyā€. Mounts in between the spare & mounting location for the same spare.

this one (obviously this is for the wrangler)
https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/fuel-caddy/

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The answer is no.

There will be auxiliary tanks, separet to the fuel system (think gas cans, Rotopax, plastic tire insert deals) but not bigger aftermarket replacement fuel tanks. Gas and diesel fuel systems are certified completely different and making a different "gas" tank is too much of a pain in the ass. So, there will be auxiliary tanks that are not tied into the fuel system, not in any way connected, but not the tied in auxiliary tanks you see for diesel pick ups.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmm, I version Iā€™m referring to in this context is the competitor to AEVā€™s ā€œfuel caddyā€. Mounts in between the spare & mounting location for the same spare.

this one (obviously this is for the wrangler)
https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/fuel-caddy/
I really like this idea, if they come out with one for the Bronco (and why wouldn't they?) I'd buy that immediately. Nicely hidden, no ugly jerry cans hanging around and easy to fill into the built in tank. And when you don't need it, just leave it empty, doesn't add much weight and is almost invisible. 10+ extra gal is a nice range extension. Added to the book mark list my wallet doesn't like :-D

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There are going to be legitimate situations towing a small off-road trailer in the mountains for example where a 2 door squatch bronco range may be under 200 miles. It also has limited space and payload rating to carry extra fuel.

At some point it just becomes an off-road toy and not very realistic to drive to the trail. Alot of the range arguments people make for electric (rightfully so) begin to creep in.

I'm starting the get intrigued about holding out for an all electric bronco or 4XE style hybrid to use as a daily driver for commuting to work and riding around town without paying for gas. Even more so when the government tax incentives and high gas prices. Then supplement with an F150 powerboost (or F250 if Ford drops it in the HD lineup). Use the truck for longer trips and for towing the bronco to the trail and then you can probably plug in the electric bronco at night off the powerboost and have plenty of power to run the trails with all electric.

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Expectations:
I'm curious of your experience with them. I've never had them so I'm in the dark.

I like the Fuel Caddy...slick idea.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Expectations:

Iā€™ll be in the market for a aftermarket rear bumper with a swing gate + jerry can(s). Mostly because thatā€™s familiar territory.

The x-factor is that these offerings will take time because....nobody has a Bronco to develop these products around. So anything that Iā€™d be interested in will not be available quite some time.
This is where it sucks the Australian market wonā€™t be getting a RHD Bronco. A lot of the auxiliary tank options for the Jeep come from Australia.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

...no ugly jerry cans hanging around...
Ugly? Jerry cans are a thing of beauty!šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜

I'm hoping I can figure out how to carry 1 or 2 cans of gas and 3 or 4 cans of water.šŸ˜šŸ˜

I saw an old Jeep in traffic with two jerry cans on the hood. I wonder what the weight limit is on the hood. Not a bad place to carry some extra water.šŸ¤”šŸ¤”

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There really isnā€™t much more space for a bigger tank if you never seen the underside before.

Ford Bronco Upgrading Bronco fuel tank capacity A7A03312-B42A-4FF0-91C8-D052E2D86BFE
Aux tank on the opposite side, possibly rerouting the exhaust pipe a little - the are several for Jeeps and Landrovers out there.
Sponsored