Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Probably would need to dump the exhaust ahead of the aux tank if you did go that route then true. Not a ton of room to go around

A5B4FABF-9FD4-4478-89E7-08DA756A42D8.jpeg
That is the creative brilliance of the engineers: the Ford a way to reroute, and also for the aux tank to squeeze it in. Sometimes the move the rear muffler and put the tank back in that space too.
Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I saw an old Jeep in traffic with two jerry cans on the hood. I wonder what the weight limit is on the hood. Not a bad place to carry some extra water.🤔🤔
It can carry a fair amount. I carried a small refrigerator on my CJ hood once across campus. I stop at an intersection with a campus cop to my left. He did a double take and then just shook his head and waved me through.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You could just get a couple of 5gallon jerry cans.

OR

Just do what this guy did:

SO the other day when I was talking to my dad on the phone about some of these nut jobs when gas wasnt available, I told him I was suprised no body did this crazy ass shit. Well America, you never do disappoint. I cant beleive he didnt use empty beer cans for baffling and a top cover top. The extra cost of the beer and tarp would have offset the gasoline losses. Plus he'd get to be drunk as fuck and have an excuse.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Maybe a side or rear mounted can will do...If and when it's available

Sidegascan.jpg

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are going to be legitimate situations towing a small off-road trailer in the mountains for example where a 2 door squatch bronco range may be under 200 miles. It also has limited space and payload rating to carry extra fuel.

At some point it just becomes an off-road toy and not very realistic to drive to the trail. Alot of the range arguments people make for electric (rightfully so) begin to creep in.
Have you considered putting extra fuel canisters (e.g., Jerry cans, RotopaX) on the trailer instead of the tow vehicle?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IMPO. There will likely be a few options, timing is the unknown.

Expectations:
- aftermarket rear bumper w/ tire swing gate + single or dual Jerry can cage.
- rotopax offerings (I’ll skip those based on experience)
- Full on long range tank swap??? Who knows.

I’ll be in the market for a aftermarket rear bumper with a swing gate + jerry can(s). Mostly because that’s familiar territory.

The x-factor is that these offerings will take time because....nobody has a Bronco to develop these products around. So anything that I’d be interested in will not be available quite some time.
High clearance bumper with spare and can mounted gate is in my future. I doubt the long term durability of the rear gate to support near 100lbs off road for a couple 100K miles.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

High clearance bumper with spare and can mounted gate is in my future. I doubt the long term durability of the rear gate to support near 100lbs off road for a couple 100K miles.
Agreed.

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm curious of your experience with them. I've never had them so I'm in the dark.

I like the Fuel Caddy...slick idea.
I’ve owned & used several different kinds of RotoPax over the years for fuel & water. In some cases they are one of very few options available so I understand they’re popularity. However time and time again I found a traditional jerry to be far superior for fuel & water management.

I despise all things California about gas can spouts and the RotoPax versions are truly awful. So bad that we actually could not get the spout to flow once in the middle of the desert. Resorted to ditching the spout and pouring it out into my buddies jerry, then using the jerry to fuel my truck. So word to the wise, if youI pick up a few RotoPax cans throw that fuel spout directly in the garbage and order some standard water spouts. Yes, I know their for water not fuel, I don’t care. It worked.
Plus you have to burp them in the summer heat and I needed more capacity. So I gave most of them away and switched over to a dual jerry holder / rear bumper. Quick easy access, worked really well for water while camping also.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like that with a lil mini auto siphon hose attached. No mess, no can juggling.
Yup, don’t even have to move the can. Just run the hose and siphon. I’ve never used one of these but I see them on Jeep’s all the time.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just build a tank into the rear bumper like the overlanders have for water. LOL, what could go wrong.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just build a tank into the rear bumper like the overlanders have for water. LOL, what could go wrong.
Easier to just fill the spare up. A 35" tire should be near 10 gallons.

Saxgod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The answer is no.

There will be auxiliary tanks, separet to the fuel system (think gas cans, Rotopax, plastic tire insert deals) but not bigger aftermarket replacement fuel tanks. Gas and diesel fuel systems are certified completely different and making a different "gas" tank is too much of a pain in the ass. So, there will be auxiliary tanks that are not tied into the fuel system, not in any way connected, but not the tied in auxiliary tanks you see for diesel pick ups.
This is based on what? Your market experience as a manufacturer? Titan tanks does exactly what you are claiming will never be done. 🙄
Sponsored