Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

trail-trekker is most likely what I'll be getting (or similar), not a fan of jerry cans hanging all over the place, this one's nicely tucked away. I'll see what else the aftermarket will bring, but this one is pretty high on my list.

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like that with a lil mini auto siphon hose attached. No mess, no can juggling.
I'd route a steel braided fuel line from the rear tire tank and tap into the OEM fuel fill tube.
(I hope the fuel fill tube is easier to replace on a Bronco than it is on a Ranger)
Put an electric fuel valve on the rear tank so when the OEM tank level gets low you hit your switch and don't have to fool around with the siphon line. (Similar to the old style duel tank valves)
Now this system will work fine for me because I'll pay attention to what I'm doing.
But for my wife???
This of course could overflow the OEM tank (gravity sucks) so for you electrical engineers out there I'm sure you can find a way to either put a fuel level sensor or transducer in the fill tube or tie into the OEM fuel gauge to limit access to using the rear tire tank until there is room for the 10 gallons in the OEM tank.
This system will probably never be offered from an aftermarket company because, as mentioned above NHTSA would require all kinds of tests before this could be sold. I'm kind of surprised that NHTSA hasn't looked closer at some of these aftermarket tanks.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd route a steel braided fuel line from the rear tire tank and tap into the OEM fuel fill tube.
(I hope the fuel fill tube is easier to replace on a Bronco than it is on a Ranger)
Put an electric fuel valve on the rear tank so when the OEM tank level gets low you hit your switch and don't have to fool around with the siphon line. (Similar to the old style duel tank valves)
Now this system will work fine for me because I'll pay attention to what I'm doing.
But for my wife???
This of course could overflow the OEM tank (gravity sucks) so for you electrical engineers out there I'm sure you can find a way to either put a fuel level sensor or transducer in the fill tube or tie into the OEM fuel gauge to limit access to using the rear tire tank until there is room for the 10 gallons in the OEM tank.
This system will probably never be offered from an aftermarket company because, as mentioned above NHTSA would require all kinds of tests before this could be sold. I'm kind of surprised that NHTSA hasn't looked closer at some of these aftermarket tanks.
If you want to get all fancy a small inline pump would suffice aswell there is aux switch wiring on the rear. My only concern with a dedicated line is the hinging of the tailgate and pivot wear. Another simple option you be a battery powered drop in fuel transfer pump. But for sure for less than a couple hundred dollars you could plumb in and wire up(safely). Would have to use good fuel hose to resist the elements and flex wear. Have the hose enter the can at the cap and then run down the side and then under to the fuel filler tube. And put a low pressure pump inline just under the body. Keep the hose long for twistability.
KoPF93Z5MiAHaHa?w=205&h=205&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1.jpg

Ford Bronco Upgrading Bronco fuel tank capacity hose

Maybe not this exact hose but similar.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is based on what? Your market experience as a manufacturer? Titan tanks does exactly what you are claiming will never be done. 🙄
Just making sure you saw the previous posts, especially the cut/paste from Titan?

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ugly? Jerry cans are a thing of beauty!😍😍😍

I'm hoping I can figure out how to carry 1 or 2 cans of gas and 3 or 4 cans of water.😁😁

I saw an old Jeep in traffic with two jerry cans on the hood. I wonder what the weight limit is on the hood. Not a bad place to carry some extra water.🤔🤔
I just need room for beer. I don't plan on crossing Siberia.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But for my wife???
This would cause evap problems unless the aux tank was completely locked off. The evap sys monitors pressure, venting and applies vacuum when computer demanded. Best solution to avoid a check eng light is get fill funnel and top the tank off from the capless fill port. I guess if you tapped into the factory sys you could incorporate a ball valve to keep it completely isolated from the evap system.

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
This would cause evap problems unless the aux tank was completely locked off. The evap sys monitors pressure, venting and applies vacuum when computer demanded. Best solution to avoid a check eng light is get fill funnel and top the tank off from the capless fill port. I guess if you tapped into the factory sys you could incorporate a ball valve to keep it completely isolated from the evap system.
That’s the reason for the NC fuel solenoid valve.
The tank has to be isolated or gravity will over flow the OEM fuel fill tube and tank.
Use the aux switches as the power source, use gravity to transfer the 10 gallons to the OEM tank, only after the OEM tank allows for 10 additional gallons.
There could be an evap fault triggered if you fill the tank while running the engine. If you tie into the fuel fill line 6” or so above the OEM full tank level, that may not be a problem.
I‘ll probably just live with the 300 mile range.
I really don’t want an exposed bomb over my rear bumper.

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We’re developing a jerry can attachment to our modular reinforcement system as we speak…
The plan is for the entire system to cost less than $500 and have the ability to carry other accessories when the jerry can is not needed! Stay tuned!
Sponsored