Sponsored

Upgrading my 2021 Bronco speakers and overall sound system. Here's dash speaker details

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, they are well protected on the dash. I decided to go with some Infinity 4" coax speakers. I ordered the Ford speaker plug adapters too. They should just fit depth wise and they were 3ohm (factory is 4ohm) and 92DB sensitivity, so they make a silk purse from a sows ear with the factory electronics. If they sound decent and produce a bit more volume, I may try replacing the rest of the speakers before I add an amp. I will update when I get them installed. Heading to Off-Raodeo this weekend, so it will be next week.
Which rodeo are you off to I am going to Moab next month to that one.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which rodeo are you off to I am going to Moab next month to that one.
I went to TX. I think all the locations will be good!

Dubsilk

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M240 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see a small 4 channel amp and subwoofer in the passenger side roll bar area in my future. I don't think replacing the other 4 speakers will provide enough incremental difference to make the stereo sound "good".
where exactly are you thinking about the sub- the same place as JBL accessory?

do you think upgrading the 6.5s will improve the sound?

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

where exactly are you thinking about the sub- the same place as JBL accessory?

do you think upgrading the 6.5s will improve the sound?
I am going to try and put the sub in a custom enclosure above the factory location. I think I can use the rear speaker mounting bolt and the factory hardtop bolts to make it secure, removeable and able to put back in after removing the rear hardtop section.
Ford Bronco Upgrading my 2021 Bronco speakers and overall sound system. Here's dash speaker details IMG_3099 (1)

bigbeyer

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, the Infinity 4” “Reference Series “ sound more clear. They have slightly more volume and fuller overall range. I didn’t expect much additional bass and was not surprised there. My goal was to get enough volume and clarity to listen with the top off without getting agitated. I will let you know if it meets that goal after the weekend.

Note- I did need to cut and splice. The factory wires had enough to length to leave good pigtails on the factory plugs to reuse them if needed.
Did you wind up using the ford plug adapters you ordered? im looking to get some but i cant find out what model or part it is.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you looked at that JBL sound bar accessory? It was installed on the mannequin that I test drove, and I had the radio sounding decent enough for my gf, myself, and the 21 yo salesman who was telling me to turn it all the way up. My gf told me that if I get lights for me, I need to get that sound bar for her 😅

WARPIG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 17 F350, 05 Jeep LJ, 06 Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am looking to upgrade the speakers and overall sound system. I will start with the dash speakers and continue the process until it sounds decent and is loud enough to hear with the top off.

Ford Bronco Upgrading my 2021 Bronco speakers and overall sound system. Here's dash speaker details IMG_3099 (1)

I did the Same swap with Kicker 4 inch and Kicker boat 6.5 down low. $300 couldn't be more satisfied

Zolie C.

Outer Banks
First Name
Zolie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, the Infinity 4” “Reference Series “ sound more clear. They have slightly more volume and fuller overall range. I didn’t expect much additional bass and was not surprised there. My goal was to get enough volume and clarity to listen with the top off without getting agitated. I will let you know if it meets that goal after the weekend.

Note- I did need to cut and splice. The factory wires had enough to length to leave good pigtails on the factory plugs to reuse them if needed.
Folowing...thank you.

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Folowing...thank you.
I am happy with the 4” Infinity speakers and 300hz bass blockers. It’s acceptable and actually pleasant to listen to, even top off. I will eventually replace the rear speakers and add a small powered sub.

Sponsored

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for posting. Hard to tell from the photo- what’s the maximum depth that’s available in the dash? I’m looking at focal as well.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Mattwings I am getting the same speakers and will install over the weekend. Did you literally just cut the connector off and solder the wires directly to the speaker terminals? I'm assuming there are only two wires there. And which one is pos and which neg?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Mattwings I am getting the same speakers and will install over the weekend. Did you literally just cut the connector off and solder the wires directly to the speaker terminals? I'm assuming there are only two wires there. And which one is pos and which neg?
Ford Bronco Upgrading my 2021 Bronco speakers and overall sound system. Here's dash speaker details 6A8D92A5-4A51-477F-B445-82388B4230BE

Ford Bronco Upgrading my 2021 Bronco speakers and overall sound system. Here's dash speaker details 50410C4C-CF0D-416E-BCAF-72E2461C91EA

Ford Bronco Upgrading my 2021 Bronco speakers and overall sound system. Here's dash speaker details B115EADD-753B-4BAD-B913-C46E118ABA2F
Ford Bronco Upgrading my 2021 Bronco speakers and overall sound system. Here's dash speaker details B6E639D3-1DCE-494E-BFF6-2C28A8326201

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used solderless connectors and crimped them on after I cut the factory plugs off. There is a wiring diagram here on the forum (this thread?) that shows it, I don’t recall which was which. I do believe I decided it was wired in series based on the diagram. If you make that assumption, you can figure out + and -. I remain happy with the 300hz base blockers and Infinity 4” speakers, good bang for the buck and makes it tolerable, even top off.

DFNMAN

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
So the dash has only mids from the factory? Do your tweeters play any sound?
Sponsored